30 months off zopiclone nearly!

[le...]

Nearly 30 months off zopiclone, still struggling with anxiety so can't celebrate yet. Physical symptoms eased in  first few months but mental symptoms haven't changed, but least I stayed off them. I was made to CT have often pondered if I could of tapered would I have recovered by now? Experiencing  rapid cycling of symptoms recently very unnerving, just hope it's sign things are changing. At times have despaired of recovery as time goes on, so any encouragement that people do recover after this long greatly appreciated!

See you were cold turkey, was that through choice? I do wonder if J'd tapered would it have been easier.

Leann I tapered and I’m still in hell. I’m sorry u are too after so far out. I hope healing comes ur way very soon x

I know you're not great either at the moment, and been suffering similar amount of time. Hope you soon get some relief and sleep comes knocking x

Strange how symptoms affect people differently. Even when I sleep OK anxiety is just as bad, yet seems sleep is what will heal you. We're meant be going away for couple nights but really undecided whether will just make me worse. Haven't been able get away from home for 2 years. This rapid cycling makes things really hard to plan anything.

I just went away and I’m not sorry I did it. It was very hard, I didn’t sleep more than an hour and then had to drive home in heavy traffic as lockdown was announced. Life goes on even tho we feel shitty. I can’t not do things because I feel bad or my family would be in the house all the time. I think u should go away. You might just have an amazing time and something might shift? Staying home isn’t getting u better faster. Worse case scenario u feel the same?

• 3 weeks later...

Really wish I knew why some of us took so much longer to heal than others. I admit I'm not one of nature's optimists, but have tried every self help method going, and seen various therapists, and myriad of supplements, so really have tried to improve things.