Lavender tea while tapering Valium?

[fu...]

I've read that lavender interacts with GABA, which makes me wonder if it could revv up wd symptoms or hinder recovery.

Your thoughts?

Not the tea, but the capsules for sleep. OMG, I wish I never took it. Sleep? No. Horrible benzo W/D hell? Yup.

I don't know if the tea is as strong, so can't say it would have the same effect. I can say the effects didn't carry over into the following day, so it's effects are less than 24 hours.

Try at your own risk, if it ramps up W/D, you know to avoid. And the revved up feeling will only last a day or less.

Lavender is nice and calming but not overly sedating. I take it in the day time sometimes when i feel stressed. I find it gentle and helpful.

BenzoLottie,

Thank you for sharing your experience and for sharing that its effects only last for less than a day. How much content were in those capsules? Did you try only once?

Scooby99,

What is your situation benzowise? I mean, are you tapering? When you take lavender there is no crash effect later?

BenzoLottie,

Thank you for sharing your experience and for sharing that its effects only last for less than a day. How much content were in those capsules? Did you try only once?

Silexan ™ English Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) Essential Oil 80 mg. And yes I only took once, because the experience was so horrible, I don't want to go through that again. I'd already read mixed reviews about these, but took one hoping I'd be one of the lucky ones. I wasn't.

• 9 months later...
Anyone has experience with lavender tea? I use lavender essential oil to sniff and I notice it helps some. Btw im off valium since March 31st this year now.

Not the tea, but the capsules for sleep. OMG, I wish I never took it. Sleep? No. Horrible benzo W/D hell? Yup.

I don't know if the tea is as strong, so can't say it would have the same effect. I can say the effects didn't carry over into the following day, so it's effects are less than 24 hours.

Try at your own risk, if it ramps up W/D, you know to avoid. And the revved up feeling will only last a day or less.

Lavender is a sedative, it is so gentle and delicate don't know how this can revv you up.

• 2 weeks later...

Lavender is a sedative, it is so gentle and delicate don't know how this can revv you up.

“Lavender oil taken in small quantity is sedative but when taken in larger quantity, becomes a stimulant” (The Fragrant Mind (1995) Valerie Ann Worwood)

Remember, I took the capsules, not tea. And the reviews on the capsules have been mixed. Some not going through benzo w/d found them not helpful, and some who took them for sleep, didn't sleep.

It absolutely revved me up, please don't discount my experience. It's just like magnesium, it helps me, but others found it made them feel worse. The post author even mentioned reading mixed reports.

“Lavender oil taken in small quantity is sedative but when taken in larger quantity, becomes a stimulant” (The Fragrant Mind (1995) Valerie Ann Worwood)

Remember, I took the capsules, not tea. And the reviews on the capsules have been mixed. Some not going through benzo w/d found them not helpful, and some who took them for sleep, didn't sleep.

It absolutely revved me up, please don't discount my experience. It's just like magnesium, it helps me, but others found it made them feel worse. The post author even mentioned reading mixed reports.

You took a normal dose not a large quantity. Which reviews and reports are you talking about that it is a stimulant at normal dosages? please provide the evidence.

You took a normal dose not a large quantity. Which reviews and reports are you talking about that it is a stimulant at normal dosages? please provide the evidence.

Not normal for me. Everybody is different. That's why I gave the example of magnesium helping some, but exacerbating symptoms for other. Reviews of Silexin on several sources are mixed. And others mention being revved up and not calmed down. This is why many buddies on this forum suggest trying small quantities rather than a typical dose, because everybody is different, and our bodies are different, and our w/d is different. Some people can't tolerate certain supplements or herbal remedies. I don't need to provide evidence, I was giving my experience.