Xanax to Librium crossover?

[Fi...]

Trying to gather answers for a fellow buddy. Anybody here crossed over to Librium from Xanax or Ativan? If so, how did it go and how long did it take to crossover. Is Librium easier to taper from?

Thank you.

I believe gardener99 crossed from Xanax to Librium. 

You also might try a google search using:

site:benzobuddies.org Librium Xanax

An alternative is a crossover to diazepam. I just wrote this to another buddy, so I hope you don't mind a little cut-and-paste magic...

I suggest reading the Ashton Manual; she crossed her patients over to diazepam using gradual, step-wise substitutions and her benzo equivalency chart. The crossover process took about a month or so, did not involve any reduction in equivalent dosage during that time, and she has example crossover/taper schedules laid out in her manual. Going slowly and step-wise is very important to minimize the difficulties of a crossover; diazepam is low potency, but with a potentially very long half-life, so it works up to full strength over a series of a week or so of regular use. If you decided to go this route, I suggest doing it patient-led, and really slow and step-wise; so many buddies have suffered immensely by being switched suddenly to diazepam or an insufficient equivalency.

You can download a copy of the manual or read it online as well:

https://www.benzoinfo.com/ashtonmanual/