31 months

[69...]

[69...]
It’s been 31 months since I jumped from .5 mg Valium after a 8 month taper . I’m doing good now and the only thing I have left is some mild mind squirm from time to time and apathy. I will take it though , compared to what I have had to deal with.It is mind boggling to think what these drugs did to make my neurons misfire for so long . It has taken what seems like an eternity to get better. I never thought I would recover from the severe mental state I was in but I did .

Issey,

Thank you for sharing. I'm at month 25. I have more good days than bad now. I've had many symptoms. Physical and mental.

My most consistent symptom is feeling like I'm on a boat. This comes and goes. It'll be gone for a few months or more then return, so far less intense. I do get occasional bad vertigo spells like once every 6 months now. It was worse during tolerance. This darn symptom just hangs on. It was my first symptom too with hyperacussus and tinnitus. The tinnitus came in tolerance too. It's been 24/7. It's been pretty faint though. Most of the time I don't notice it.

I can tell that stress makes symptoms worse. I try to do calm relaxing things as much as possible.

So glad to hear you're doing well. Thanks for posting. It helps everyone so much.

- Miss Fortitude

This is the type of news we BBs love to read!  You are now on the other side and can now enjoy all the good times coming your way!!!  Congratulations :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Issey, good to read someone with severe mental symptoms recovered. I'm 30 months off the last 2 years been pretty hellish, think partly because was made to ct. when did you start noticing any improvement? Did yours just go of their own accord. Tried various supplements but seem rev things up, just started cbd oil, just praying it helps bit. I' m at the thinking I'll never recover stage on the really bad days, never get Windows.

Issey,

31 months! Your story helps me push on. I am on Day 7 Benzo Free.

I too jumped off at .5 mg of Valium.

I have a lot of physical s/x and some mental. I feel my body and mind trying to reorganize.

Thanks for the inspiration,

🦋HopeFull01