16 months off

[tr...]

I don't usually post on this board, but I thought what the heck. As of July 1st its been 16 months since my very rapid taper after being in tolerance and polydrugged for over a year.

I'm main g myself write this to help me reframe as I feel rough today. But things have overall definitely improved. I can run my home and work a little on side jobs. I can laugh again. Sure there are days when anxiety/depression and also apathy, anhedonia can hit (and sometimes take turns all in the same day...).

My muscles and ligaments are loosening more, short term memory has made big improvements.

I'm still sensitive to meds and stress/fatigue. But I can tolerate more foods now.

I mostly sleep decent, but dreams can still be vivd which can be distressing to me at times. Mornings are better but not my favorite time of day. It takes me a couple hrs for the brain and such to truly get into gear.

I guess I'm at a point where I engage in things but in moderation. Needing to know my limitations and work around that.

So have I made progress - yes. Am I healed yet - nope. Forward progression my friends  :thumbsup:

Expecting things to be much different this time next year:)

Getting there Trina!! I'm about a month behind you, but had a few setbacks so nowhere near where I'd like to be.

Hope this is your last stint now xx

Congratulations on 16 months and congratulations on posting this!

I do think it's really important to remind ourselves and others how far we've come.

Glad to see progress and believing in much more healing for you!  :thumbsup:

Thanks guys! Interestingly today was pretty amazing - better than the other day when I posted this! Glad for the window!

always love your positivity and inspiring words. this process is so incredibly slow and frustrating. :tickedoff: but we have come so far since 1 year ago. it does get easier and attitude is everything.  :smitten:

• 1 month later...
My response is pretty late, but I wanted to congratulate you on your progress and I wanted to tell you your blog is very helpful.  So, thank you!