Its been 4 years now....I've been set free

[Ry...]

Hi Ryan, hoping you still dip in here. Am I reading it right that it was 3 years before you started noticing  healing. I'm 30 months off zopiclone really starting to think this may be permanent, as most people seem have noticed improvement by now. My symptoms been primarily mental, severe anxiety, I have very little quality of life. Never had a window, recently experienced rapid cycling of symptoms, feel I'm fading fast.

Hi Ryan, hoping you still dip in here. Am I reading it right that it was 3 years before you started noticing  healing. I'm 30 months off zopiclone really starting to think this may be permanent, as most people seem have noticed improvement by now. My symptoms been primarily mental, severe anxiety, I have very little quality of life. Never had a window, recently experienced rapid cycling of symptoms, feel I'm fading fast.

Hi Leann. I'm truly sorry that you are in this state. I'm afraid I cannot speak to your specific situation. I really have no idea. Any words of encouragement would just be my experience. One big thing I learned from this process is that everyone is different. I really do not want to generalize and just say you'll be fine. On the other hand, I do feel that our body's have the ability to correct course and as a result, damage to certain parts are not permanent.

I'm sorry I cant provide more.

Ok thanks, just see you've been off 4 years, and I see you replied to someone you only really noticed real recovery in the last year. I know we're all different, but if I thought others took long time to improve gives bit hope it's not permanent that's all.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Thanks for sharing. How long did it take for you to heal completely?

Hard to put an exact date or time frame on it. I’d say sometime during the last 12 months.

Thanks for your response. I am 2 1/2 years off but still have some lingering symptoms. I am really really really hoping that I can see noticeable improvement in year three! Your story gives me hope. Congrats On putting the nightmare behind you!

How are you doing now ?

Thanks for this story, as a short term user not fully healed but functional now, I appreciate this post. I feel there is a group of us that is +2 years out and feel like we should be fully healed by now. The “not an emergency but still symptomatic team”. Good to know this stage of healing also comes to an end.

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations on your healing! It is very important to continue reading success stories for those of us who continue prolonged. I have been free for 50 months and although I have seen many changes I am still suffering a lot and my family is exhausted.

Could you tell me what concentration of medicinal CBD did you take? I'm thinking about it and in the store where they sell it they tell me about several types.

Thank you and enjoy life :)

Wow so much of your story is so relatable: the short-term use, the symptoms, the advice. Exercise and healthy eating really are super important, huh? The only thing I differ on - I realize everybody's process is different - is cannabis use.

I did use it once to sleep after having to take prednisolone for an allergic reaction a few months after w/d and it was a lifesaver. However, overall I found that combating dp/dr was more effective by fighting tooth and nail to stay in the moment. I would often lose those battles at first but fighting them helped me build resilience.

Everyone's body is different so I'm sure that will work for some. It was definitely not reliable for me despite me previously being totally comfortable with it for recreational use on occasion.