Author Topic: Its been 4 years now....I've been set free  (Read 5036 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Its been 4 years now....I've been set free
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2021, 11:59:11 pm »
Congratulations! What an amazing story.

Was there a point where the symptoms werenít so intense, and became more of a nuisance as opposed to being so incredibly difficult to deal with 24/7?

Congratulations again. Iím so happy for you.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2021, 03:43:19 am »
Hey Max. I remember many waves and windows. I can personally say that itís true what is commonly said here, the waves get shorter and the windows get longer. Thatís the big picture but while in the middle of it all, it just seems to never progress all that much. Iím here to say that it does get better so hang in there.

will try my best, thanks again
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2021, 10:17:31 am »
Thank you so much for this and Iím glad this is all behind you. Can you explain how your DPDR and numbness left?

DP/DR was one of my most stubborn symptoms. That, along with weird vision & eye floaters seemed to linger the longest. I canít say how, other than just over time. It did get better. I donít experience DP/DR anymore. I recall doing a quick pause, focusing my vision, and attempting to be present. That little exercise helped to get some relief. Really I think DPDR improves when anxiety lowers, but Iím no doctor.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2021, 11:56:02 am »
Thanks for sharing. How long did it take for you to heal completely?

Hard to put an exact date or time frame on it. Iíd say sometime during the last 12 months.

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2021, 02:01:27 pm »
Congratulations! What an amazing story.

Was there a point where the symptoms werenít so intense, and became more of a nuisance as opposed to being so incredibly difficult to deal with 24/7?

Congratulations again. Iím so happy for you.

[...]

Absolutely. Everything waxes and wanes over time.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2021, 06:07:39 pm »
Hi, just wanted to make sure I read it right; you are now able to drink alcohol again? How did you know when you were ready? I would appreciate a response, your story today is what I needed! Thank you!

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2021, 06:25:28 pm »
Hi, just wanted to make sure I read it right; you are now able to drink alcohol again? How did you know when you were ready? I would appreciate a response, your story today is what I needed! Thank you!

I am able to drink again. Honestly, I didn't know I was ready. I drank the first time and had a major setback. The next go around, I was feeling mostly healed so I started with small amounts to see if it had any negative affects. I worked up to a whole drink from there. I still don't drink a lot and certainly not to get drunk. I will have a beer or two on the golf course and enjoy that just fine.

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2021, 06:31:53 pm »
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am so happy for you! Go out and enjoy your life, you deserve it!

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2021, 07:26:05 pm »
Were you unable to exercise for awhile/unable to exert yourself? This is my one major remaining symptom and was just curious if you encountered this or not. If this symptom would go away then this chapter of my life would be closed.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2021, 07:57:28 pm »
What kind of exercise did you do?