Antibiotic - Cefpodoxime - Class Cephalosporin

[...]

I am sitting here staring at a bottle of antibiotics, Cefpodoxime to be specific.  Seems I have an infection and this is supposed to make me feel better.  The fear I have of this bottle is overwhelming.  So my options are to take it and risk a setback or not take it and let a bacteria rage throughout my body.  Ugh. . . .

I know I have to take it but wow the fear is real.  Hoping for the best.  I’ll check in again in a couple of days.

With the fear you're feeling it's going to be difficult to tell the difference between the antibiotic causing you issues or your fear, if you do experience a reaction.  I wish you weren't so afraid but understand why you are.

I did find one member who didn't have a problem with it but not many members have mentioned it. 

Glad to hear that update from yesterday, JBen.  Hoping you are still faring well, kicking that bacteria’s butt and sailing smoothly along. 

I took it in the form of Keflex (a cephalosporin) for strep throat a couple of years ago. Although I'd never taken it and was apprehensive, I can tell you that I was happy to take ANYTHING as the pain in my throat was so awful. My doc explained that Keflex was indicated for strep, or for ear infections, and that was about all she prescribed it for. So I took it. It cleared up my strep. I had a bit of gastric distress/nausea but not enough to make me stop taking it.

Hope things turn out alright for you JBen.

Katz

I am half way through.  Symptoms have increased.  Symptoms I thought were gone have also come back.  It is not acute level but there is a negative change.

Honestly I dont know if the symptom changes are from the antibiotic or the stress that I am feeling from the illness.  There is a lot of stress and unknowns in my diagnosis.  So I really cannot say, one way or another, why the symptoms have changed.

I will come back with a final update in a week.

I am done with the course of antibiotics.  I am 90% sure that increased symptoms were not due to this antibiotic but due to stress.  I feel fine today.

You're a braver man than me!! Think I would have tried waiting till I was half dead hoping my immune system would handle it lol.

Glad it worked out for you