12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Hugs Deanna. Thanks for sharing with us. Glad you popped in because I was wondering where you were. I love gardening too. I’m happy you were able to do that. I’m the same as you…not healed yet but getting functioning back slowly. So we press on to experience our new healed lives. I’m so excited about mine. I keep dreaming of the beach. I’ve been looking at nearby ones to do a short vacation when I’m well enough. Wow not so long ago just the thought of going anywhere terrified me. Huge difference! Now I’m ready to go but my body isn’t. Lol so I’m just waiting until it catches up.

You’ve done a super job of enduring this. You don’t have long now. I’m excited for you! What’s in your garden?

Hey LadyD! Soooo happy to hear you are progressing and looking forward.  We are in the same boat bobbing along looking for that Land-HO LOL.

I have mostly flowers and shrubs.  I always try to make it better buying new plants and creating new beds, but this year I am going to settle for maintenance and enjoyment.  I think I have to learn to do less and expect a bit less too.  I am am a recovering over-achiever and I think that personality trait has landed me in the position of using the Ambien and now the accumulated stress has weakened me. 

Pay attention to your dreams - they are telling you something.  Go the the beach and spend time in nature :-)

LL, LD,

I read in old threads you had your gallbladders looked at.  I've been having upper right abdomen pain and odd stool so the GI doc recommended a Hida scan.  It's Wednesday.  Have either of you had one of those?

-AD

Yes I had a Hida scan. Mine showed my gallbladder was barely functioning. I had surgery to remove it. Immediately felt better  :thumbsup: 

It did take some time for my digestive system to handle fats without a gallbladder but it’s not that hard to endure. Slowly over time, I increased my fat intake. It’s not a coincidence to me that many have gallbladder issues while on benzo and drugs. Before Ambien, I NEVER had stomach issues or balance issues. I had an ultrasound which showed nothing but my doctor knew something wasn’t right so she sent me for the Hida scan. She was right! It looked normal but wasn’t functioning very well.

The gallbladder removal was definitely needed in my case. Please keep me posted.

I'm sorry, this really freaks me out though I appreciate you sharing. I was worried about this process damaging organs permanently.  I guess I'm getting ahead of myself, one thing at a time : you handled the scan itself ok?

Thank you Deanna. And yes as soon as I can endure a car ride I’m going to the nearest beach. Hugs!

Accidental the scan wasn’t bad at all. They give you a milky looking drink ( it’s flavored but not too bad). You wait a certain time to pass then they scan you at various intervals. A normal functioning gallbladder should be emptying at certain amounts over a period of a few minutes at a time.

For example if at 15 minutes the liquid should be half gone…..if it’s not then the gallbladder isn’t functioning properly. There’s nothing to worry about. The scan is one of the easiest I’ve had.  :thumbsup:

LadyD, Deanna,

I'm so glad you're able to do more and are feeling positive.  I've heard of that Dr Li book and thought about checking it out. 

I'm having an elevated sx day.  I've got some old ones that haven't been around for a while show up today, like teeth throbbing, dpdr, and nausea.  I haven't been nauseous since February.  It's making it a tough day, plus anxiety over my scan and possibly having a physical issue with the gallbladder.  I guess I just have to keep up the distractions and things I usually do.  I'll get through it, I know I will, it's just really uncomfortable

Thank you Deanna. And yes as soon as I can endure a car ride I’m going to the nearest beach. Hugs!

Accidental the scan wasn’t bad at all. They give you a milky looking drink ( it’s flavored but not too bad). You wait a certain time to pass then they scan you at various intervals. A normal functioning gallbladder should be emptying at certain amounts over a period of a few minutes at a time.

For example if at 15 minutes the liquid should be half gone…..if it’s not then the gallbladder isn’t functioning properly. There’s nothing to worry about. The scan is one of the easiest I’ve had.  :thumbsup:

That's good to know!  Whew!  I read that sometimes they might need to administer morphine, and they recommended I not drive myself in case they do need to, though they say that's only 5% of cases.

Hello to all,

Hope everyone is doing well and having a nice window day. Sending big love and hugs to LadyDen because I know she's in a wave and I sure hope that passes soon. Today is a big milestone for me I hit the two-year mark. I definitely have had some improvements as I listed on the celebrations page and on the main post-withdrawal page. But I also have some very intense symptoms hanging on and causing a very intense wave that I'm hoping will pass soon. Sending big hugs to everyone!

LiveLife

LadyDen - I'm sorry you are inanother wave.  I hope it isn't  too bad my dear.  Keep your head above the waterline and do the doggie trot Sweetie!  It will go away, and you'll have another window.

You know I used to believe that whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but I'm seriously reconsidering that mantra.  I think all the accumulated stresses of life do indeed make their mark.  The trick is to survive and adapt :-)

Hello to all,

Hope everyone is doing well and having a nice window day. Sending big love and hugs to LadyDen because I know she's in a wave and I sure hope that passes soon. Today is a big milestone for me I hit the two-year mark. I definitely have had some improvements as I listed on the celebrations page and on the main post-withdrawal page. But I also have some very intense symptoms hanging on and causing a very intense wave that I'm hoping will pass soon. Sending big hugs to everyone!

LiveLife

Congrats Live on 24 months! Wow you made it! 2 years! Wooohooo!

LadyDen - I'm sorry you are inanother wave.  I hope it isn't  too bad my dear.  Keep your head above the waterline and do the doggie trot Sweetie!  It will go away, and you'll have another window.

You know I used to believe that whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but I'm seriously reconsidering that mantra.  I think all the accumulated stresses of life do indeed make their mark.  The trick is to survive and adapt :-)

Yes I agree. Definitely scars are left behind.

Thank you my dear friend. I’m doing better since last night. My waves are definitely milder but they seem strange now. I don’t know how to explain it….do you know what I mean? Are yours strange?

Live, how about you? Waves strange? Anyone?

Accidental I get old symptoms cycling back too. I’ve read of others have this happen too when those old symptoms have been gone for months. Just when you think these symptoms are finished with this or that….they pay a visit sometimes. They have a mind of their own, I guess. There’s no figuring this out……ughhhh! Hope they disappear for you soon. Sending you big hugs! 🤗❤️🌹

Don’t you just these party crashes symptoms!?

Accidental I get old symptoms cycling back too. I’ve read of others have this happen too when those old symptoms have been gone for months. Just when you think these symptoms are finished with this or that….they pay a visit sometimes. They have a mind of their own, I guess. There’s no figuring this out……ughhhh! Hope they disappear for you soon. Sending you big hugs! 🤗❤️🌹

Yeah it's like withdrawal decided to play its "greatest hits from yesterday and today" this week.  I had gotten used to the contemporary  station and was doing ok with that. 

Thank you my dear friend. I’m doing better since last night. My waves are definitely milder but they seem strange now. I don’t know how to explain it….do you know what I mean? Are yours strange?

I know what you mean  - They are milder yes, but somehow different too.  For example my left leg pain now sometimes feels like pins and needles.  Being more active this week I'm having pain in other places like my hands.  I'm having more rapid cycling too. 

This must mean we are getting close LD!  Every day is one day closer!

LadyDen,

I'm glad to hear you're doing better. Thank you for the congrats. As far as waves being strange this far out. All I can say is this is one of the worst waves I have ever been in and I haven't had any windows with it no even little breaks. It seems to have been bad for the last couple of months but early in May I had a couple window days and in the mornings and then the second part of the month has just been absolutely horrible Non-Stop. So I sure hope this means some deep healing is happening and a big change is going to be just around the corner for me. Have to hang on to that thought, to just keep going. Hugs!

LiveLife

Yeah it's like withdrawal decided to play its "greatest hits from yesterday and today" this week.  I had gotten used to the contemporary  station and was doing ok with that.

Yeah that fuzzy radio stations are getting old for sure. I keep turning the dial. I hear the station come in but it’s scratchy. I’ve got fine tuning going on for sure.  :thumbsup:

📻

I know what you mean  - They are milder yes, but somehow different too.  For example my left leg pain now sometimes feels like pins and needles.  Being more active this week I'm having pain in other places like my hands.  I'm having more rapid cycling too. 

This must mean we are getting close LD!  Every day is one day closer!

YEEZZZZ! It has to mean that! I’m excited and have my arms wide open to welcome my complete healing. I’ve also been stepping it up with walking.

Way to go Deanna!

LadyDen,

I'm glad to hear you're doing better. Thank you for the congrats. As far as waves being strange this far out. All I can say is this is one of the worst waves I have ever been in and I haven't had any windows with it no even little breaks. It seems to have been bad for the last couple of months but early in May I had a couple window days and in the mornings and then the second part of the month has just been absolutely horrible Non-Stop. So I sure hope this means some deep healing is happening and a big change is going to be just around the corner for me. Have to hang on to that thought, to just keep going. Hugs!

LiveLife

Yep I went through that too about two months ago. But when it shifted I now have a much better baseline. Fine tuning is going on, girl. You’ll see. Hang in there!

❤️🌹

Hope you are all doing OK. Thought I was doing better, pushed myself to visit a park in our nearest town, car ride away. Was alright there, but soon as I came back the anxieties came flooding back. Made my husband go back to check things. That’s when the doubts that brain will ever truly recover cone in. Generally my mood lot better, just so hard to know when to push yourself, just feel not progressing very much. I actually wish I truly had OCD instead benzo withdrawal, least then the years of seeing different therapists, and exposure therapy every day would have made a difference. So had enough of one step forward , 2 steps backwards the whole time, like my brain tricking me into thinking I’m getting better just the damn anxiety won’t shift, get bit low when realise holidays thing of the past for me, as I loved to travel, but it is what it is, no magic pills to make this go away.

Leann - that's the way it is.  You don't think you are making progress but you are! You went and visited a park and enjoyed it while you were there!  Then your brain thinks oh that's not in our normal routine - so it must be bad and wham - anxiety.  When that happens just lean into it and breathe through it and tell your brain it is safe.  Your brain needs to relearn what is OK and what isn't. 

Keep it up!  You ARE INDEED making progress!

Affecting my marriage, my husband getting stage can’t cope with it when have bad days. He spent the night in our garage, he’s threatening to stop eating and stop taking his heart medication. Hate how I am ruining his life as well, but sod all I can do about it, even tried brain retraining course wasted another load money, as no way you can retrain your brain through this. Seems as others have said just takes long time, just feel I am responsible for ruining both our lives now, nothing I can do about it.

Sorry for keep moaning, sure everyone is sick of people like me that never seem make any progress. Just get frustrated when do all stuff your are meant to, make myself go out every day, still the thoughts and anxiety won’t shift. Really thought when had window things would improve. Just finding hard to accept won’t be able to travel anymore. Anyway sorry for winging👎

Leann hang in there. All is not loss. You are improving. Didn’t you just go to a park and did alright? Wow that is awesome! It speaks loudly that you have healed a bit more. So please be encouraged. You have not ruined your life or your husband’s. I know it feels that way. But, it isn’t your fault that you these pills did this to you and your husband. We all have been done this way and unfortunately our loved ones are forced to helplessly sit and watch our suffering. It’s hard on them. But isn’t that what loved ones do? Be there for each other through the good or bad sickness or health. I’m sure he loves you very much.

Just stopping in to say hello and give an update. I’m 29 months and 5 days Benzo free and doing well. I still have symptoms at times, but the fear and anxiety are gone. I’m doing things that I have not done in a long time. I am most grateful to God every day, and praying the worst is behind me.

I pray for each of you every day. Sending hugs of comfort, peace and healing.🥰

Sandy

Hi all: LadyD, Sandy, Leann, Livelife, Accidental, Deanna, did I miss anyone.  It looks like a few folks are making some progress!  That is exciting news. 

Congrats Sandy.  I am so glad to see you making some real leaps in healing.

For those of us still struggling our time will come.  I am confident of that!

I am 7 months out from my setback and 17.5 months from jumping ativan.  I had some good improvement two months ago but these last two months the progress is so small I cant even measure it.  Sigh.  My fractured foot is also still not healing.  I am not sure why.  Had the MRI this past Saturday night so it will be 2 weeks before I get back results.  Fingers crossed I dont have to have any kind of surgery!!

Anyway.  Hugs to everyone.  :smitten:

Leann hang in there. All is not loss. You are improving. Didn’t you just go to a park and did alright? Wow that is awesome! It speaks loudly that you have healed a bit more. So please be encouraged. You have not ruined your life or your husband’s. I know it feels that way. But, it isn’t your fault that you these pills did this to you and your husband. We all have been done this way and unfortunately our loved ones are forced to helplessly sit and watch our suffering. It’s hard on them. But isn’t that what loved ones do? Be there for each other through the good or bad sickness or health. I’m sure he loves you very much.

Thanks as always Lady D. Pushed myself bit too much going to park can panic attack when git back. So hard to know when try to do more Then my eyes been funny watching TV at night, have had if before in withdrawal. Tried sitting closer seems sorted it, hopefully just blip. Just any progress glacially slow. We’ve got a party in our street Sunday for Queens Jubilee. Will be a distraction and in our road so won’t have go out my comfort zone. How are you doing?