12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Thanks ladyden

Doing all I can the sx are overwhelming today as is the stress. Bi am doing what I can.  I also woke up with a cold.  Mostly nasal congestion, and my daily morning sx.  Lots of pain.  I will have to make my own decisions as far as alternative.  I am 23 months today.  Some is better done is not.  Hope you are getting through.  Hold on.  I will keep you posted.  Prayers and positive vibes.

U

Did actually manage get away for couple nights, even though only got couple hours sleep due to hotel room being really hot and rock hard bed. Won't say it was a breeze but I managed it felt really chuffed with myself, so hoping things finally improving bit. Did feel very safe had to wear masks apart from when eating/ drinking in the hotel. Still think it's wrong he's stopping all safety measures within the next month , including self isolation for under 18's and double vaccinated people, when we've got over 36,000 cases rising every day. Hope you manage to move soon Lady den, if I can manage to get away you can do it.

Upperleft how are you doing today?

Deanna how's the sick people doing? No I don't have any medication experiences. I'm actually wondering that myself. I don't think anything is safe to take while in WD. Whatever you try is a risk. That's what I've gathered from the other posts. I'm desperate to get to my new place. I wish there was something that I knew of with mild consequences to put me to sleep for at least 30 minutes so I can go to my new place. I can't handle antihistamines ( atleast not since nearly a year ago when hospital gave me one and it went paradoxical on me).

Leann glad you made it safely back home. It was good that you got out.

Hi All,

LadyDen I am willing you with all mu thoughts to get to your new place with NO symptoms.  If we all pray for you maybe we can make it happen.  This is where mind over matter really kicks in.  If you believe that you will be just fine I trust that you will indeed be!  It is a test of faith, and I know you are a woman of great faith and strength!  You will prevail.

Unfortunately I caught the bug my daughter had.  Hubby is fine and almost over it.  I just have a scratchy throat, mild nasal congestion and a slight headache.  Not even really fatigued, but by end of day I'm wiped.  In the old days I'd pop an Advil, Sudafed, anything to address the symptoms.  Now I am just suffering through them afraid to take anything.  Doing honey in hot water and gargling with salt water, each of which are a very slight help.  I can't believe how intolerant I am of the slightest physical discomforts.  WD has made me a ninny nanny.  Just tired of feeling like crap although I am grateful it is not worse.  I know it will be gone in a few days.  Even a cough drop would be helpful if I had confidence it wouldn't be paradoxical.

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday.  Found a really good distraction on Netflix: The Good Place.  Moves fast and is comical and satirical...keeps my mind occupied.  Good Luck All!!!

LadyDen, just go!  You'll be alright.  Maybe you have fear that things won't be ok when you ride to your new home, but they will be.  Tell yourself, "It will be alright."  I drove in the thunderstorm today with flooded roads, got lost and kept praying to God to get me home. 

Still battling a chest cold.  A cough and congestion.  Pretty bad.  My other concern is I am having bladder control issues.  I need a break I really need this to stop.  It’s one thing after another with stress.  Can’t get rid of it.  So what now?  I guess just keep going.  There is no help at all for those of us alone.  Please keep praying for me or sending positive vibes. 

UpperLeft I have a chest cold too.  I'm on Day 8 of the cold with nasal and chest congestion, afraid to take anything for it so suffering at night and only sleeping about 4-5 hours when I know I need a solid 8 to feel my best.  I was doing really well before this virus (It's not Delta Covid, had myself tested) and now I am back to left sided nerve pain comes and goes.  That on top of the cold making me miserable, and I've run out of patience for feeling like this.  My only hope is that after this cold resolves I'll hit a better new baseline  :tickedoff:

Saw such improvement before this virus, and now I've slid backwards, very demoralizing.

I hope you feel better soon, and I hope the rest of us are healing and moving forward.

UpperLeft I have a chest cold too.  I'm on Day 8 of the cold with nasal and chest congestion, afraid to take anything for it so suffering at night and only sleeping about 4-5 hours when I know I need a solid 8 to feel my best.  I was doing really well before this virus (It's not Delta Covid, had myself tested) and now I am back to left sided nerve pain comes and goes.  That on top of the cold making me miserable, and I've run out of patience for feeling like this.  My only hope is that after this cold resolves I'll hit a better new baseline  :tickedoff:

Saw such improvement before this virus, and now I've slid backwards, very demoralizing.

I hope you feel better soon, and I hope the rest of us are healing and moving forward.

Yes I am almost over the cold I have just the end of a cough.  Just want to be real with you.  The physical stuff I have had all along has not subsided it still makes any form of my life really hard.  I try every day to do the best I can.  But I m pretty house bound because of the fear I have.  I spend most days at home alone pacing in pain.  I do all shopping with no trouble and go out to play games once a week with neighbor.    I don’t want to bring you down.  Keep going it does get easier but I still am not doing my life completely.  You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

U

Hi All,

LadyDen I am willing you with all mu thoughts to get to your new place with NO symptoms.  If we all pray for you maybe we can make it happen.  This is where mind over matter really kicks in.  If you believe that you will be just fine I trust that you will indeed be!  It is a test of faith, and I know you are a woman of great faith and strength!  You will prevail.

Unfortunately I caught the bug my daughter had.  Hubby is fine and almost over it.  I just have a scratchy throat, mild nasal congestion and a slight headache.  Not even really fatigued, but by end of day I'm wiped.  In the old days I'd pop an Advil, Sudafed, anything to address the symptoms.  Now I am just suffering through them afraid to take anything.  Doing honey in hot water and gargling with salt water, each of which are a very slight help.  I can't believe how intolerant I am of the slightest physical discomforts.  WD has made me a ninny nanny.  Just tired of feeling like crap although I am grateful it is not worse.  I know it will be gone in a few days.  Even a cough drop would be helpful if I had confidence it wouldn't be paradoxical.

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday.  Found a really good distraction on Netflix: The Good Place.  Moves fast and is comical and satirical...keeps my mind occupied.  Good Luck All!!!

Thanks Deanna! Love you! I’m 13 months since yesterday! How are you feeling now that you’re a year? Congrats! Well done! I’m so excited for you! I’m having a bad few days… it’s why I haven’t been on here. Too sick. But I’m doing all I can to hang on. Thanks for the recommendation of the Netflix. There’s one I just finished called Grace and Frankie. It’s hilarious!!! Not too stimulating either.

Becks thanks sweetie for your concern and advice. I’m going to do as you suggested and just go when I’m over these back to back waves. I stupidly tried an Oxy on Sunday to go to my new apartment but it backfired on me. It has made me very very sick only 25 minutes after I took it. My reason for taking it was out of desperation thinking it might help me succeed the car ride. I’m still sick from it but the bad reaction is better today. So yes Deanna and Upperleft are right to be cautious not to take anything! We’re way too sensitive! I hope you both are feeling better with your colds. Sending y’all love.

Becks I’m sending you love too. I’ll keep you posted

I was wondering how you were doing, sorry you haven't made it to your new apartment yet, you will get there. Going away backfired a bit , felt really jittery for few days when I got back. Guess we don't know until we try. Just wish would ease bit and get a window. Unbearably hot here, I'm putting some new borders  in my garden so least it's a distraction, I find gardening really theraputic. Virgin River is a really nice series on Netflix  as well. Just watched series 3, lovely scenery.What is an oxy?Hope you soon feel better x

Hi all. Hope today brings you window all day! Leann I’ve been seeing Virgin River on there but passed it up. I’ll check it out. Thanks for the suggestion. Wow unbelievable that you’re still suffering from your trip. Sucks! I’m sure it will let up soon enough. Hugs to you.

I’m 13 months now. Thought I’d feel much better by now but nope! 😂 My baseline has changed since I’ve been in this setback but not change in a good way. Benzo recovery is a like a terrible birthday or Xmas gift that your very old grandmother gives you… you know those ugly sweaters she knits! 😂 Never gonna wear them. Goes in the goodwill pile. But 🤫 don’t tell her that!

I’m not going to give up. I’m going to do what Becks said and just pick a time that I’m not pulling so hard and go. I have to trust that it will be ok.

My brother is in the hospital with covid. I’m naturally concerned about his breathing but yesterday he’s breathing better. Please you all don’t take this virus as a joke! Please brace yourself for the next wave of it PLUS the variants! Not to cause panic but I think it would be wise to stock a couple of extra items sooner than later. It’s going to get uglier fast! Wear your mask and wash your hands. Assume everyone around you is contagious. Stay safe!

How’s everyone doing? Any good news?

Sorry to hear about your brother hope he soon improves. Restrictions been lifted here, but glad to see lot shops still insist on masks. I've been double vaxxed so hopefully give some protection. Getting aggro from my sister bit over things, been digging new border in my garden, pretending it's her head I'm aiming the spade at!Sorry things still not improving for you either, it definitely sucks. The comparison to the unwanted gift very apt, but we can't hide this one in a drawer. Hope you manage to get to that Apartment soon. Have you ever tried Bach rescue remedy, it's made from flowers I think. Virgin River is a nice gentle series, does have few teary bits, but about small town where they all pull together I love it x

Hey LadyDen it is good to hear from you.  I am so sorry you are suffering this much in advance of your move into your new place.  Such stress.  And I'm sure that concern for your brother isn't helping the stress.  I hope your brother recovers quickly and feels better soon!

A thought just occurred to me that our highest cortisol level is around 8am and our lowest is at midnight.  Have you considered trying to ride over is the late afternoon or early evening to minimize the stress response??  I avoid going out to do errands until after lunch when I feel better.  Also for some strange reason I feel my best after having a cup of green decaf tea and then an ounce or two of rich dark chocolate (85% cocoa).  I think the good chemicals in these things elevate my mood and at least when I'm not in a wave I feel almost "good".  Not often, but enough to make me notice a possible correlation.

I am starting to sense a settling down of my wave which has lasted a good 10 days.  I feel wiped out from the virus and then the wave.  Grateful today for less pain but still taking it easy until I reach baseline again.  The lack of predictability of this nightmare is mind-numbing. 

I hope you feel better much soon LadyDen!!!

I started Virgin River - It's nice and low key.  Keeps your interest and not too stimulating.  Thanks to whoever suggested it - I forgot who did, but thanks!!!!

Think it was me with Virgin River, does get bit more dramatic as series goes on, but nothing too stimulating? Don't  know where it was filmed but stunning scenery. Just finished series 3, just the idea of a town where everyone looks out for each other is really appealing. I'm trying l theanine at the moment to try help with horrible anxiety. Have read green tea meant to very helpful.

Yes Leann the concept of a close knit community (minus the nasty gossip of course) where ppl really care and look out for each other is closer to the type of environment that humans evolved with.  Western civilization is not ideal and the root cause of so many anxieties and social dysfunction I believe. 

Yes try the green tea, but make sure it's decaf if you're feeling the jitters.

Keep us marching toward more healing!!!

It's probably a romantic idea of a community, probably doesn't exist in the modern world, but a makes for good viewing. Googled it filmed in Vancouver and British Columbia. Hope you are doing better than me at the moment, and hope Ladyden gets improvement soon. Sucks when you seem be going backwards after months of this. Least weather broken here, lot cooler actually managed to sleep last night. Had lot rain last night gave my poor garden a bit of relief.

Thanks for starting this group Ladyden.  I hope your day is going ok. The rapid cycling can be super worrying - I had massive rapid cycling & then had an amazing window - I hope a huge window is well on its way for you & the boatiness feeling goes away pronto.

I’m almost at 18 months off - at the moment I’m on a physical wave but it’s getting better. Had a rotten wave at 15/16 months off but then had a really good couple of weeks.  Looking forward to that long everlasting window.  Xxx

Leann thanks for the virgin river suggestion. I’m going to start it today. Hope you’re feeling better as well.

Deanna awesome suggestion! I’m going to try my next attempt late evening or night because although my boatiness increases at that time, the pulling is much less. Then all I have to do is once I make it to my place I can just go to sleep! Awesome thanks!!! Also I’m glad to hear that you’re feeling better. My setback wave is lasting a long time. I got a short window today. It gives me hope.

Bess you’re very welcome and welcome to this thread. 18 months wow. What’s your worst symptoms? Did you have pulling like a magnet symptom? Can you ride in a car?

Whoever else I missed it’s not on purpose. I wish all of us big long good windows really soon. Tomorrow would be nice… right? 😂 Let’s keep this going on this thread. Positive support and reporting updates. There’s not many of us but that’s ok. So all of you Yearlings… happy healing to you!

Oh LadyDen so glad to hear you've had a slight reprieve!!  It does so much when we see some progress doesn't it?  I'm crossing my fingers for your next attempt to get to your new place.  Glad you think my suggestion could help  :smitten:

I think I figured out something that may have made my wave worse.  I was trying to use the most innocuous cough drops I could find since I can't use medicines etc...Well I chose the Ricola natural honey drops, but they had a bunch of herbs in them, and although I didn't feel any effects upon first using them, I think after a few days of multiple drops my body decided it didn't like them after all.  This often happens where the first use of something goes well enough but after a while it sends me into a wave.

Still so much healing ahead.  Happy healing to all!!!

Have any of you ever tried CBD oil? In a very bad place at moment . Most supplements seemed had adverse effect, I know it's not same as weed but terrified you can get addicted to it. Just desperate for anything to take away this current feeling that recovery ain't going to happen😢

Hi Leann - I used CBD oil for many months before I knew what was wrong with me.  I don't think you can get addicted to it, you can buy the stuff with absolutely no THC in it but it's costly.  Then there's the stuff with only 0.3% THC which may be less expensive but you could fail a drug test.  As long as you don't need to pass a drug test you could probably go with the less expensive (but still reputable) options.

I never found that it helped my pain much at all but there were times after I dosed than I felt much calmer.  I was on so much other crap so hard to tell.  I stopped it cold turkey once I knew I wanted off everything and I can't say it ever bothered me stopping. 

There are tons of posts on other threads about the experience during withdrawal...good luck!!  I hope you find some relief soon my dear  :smitten:

Thanks just ordered some from health food store , hubby gone to pick it up, no THC it's low dose one as I seem quite sensitive to stuff. Reassuring you used it and were OK. It's not mega expensive, think higher dose ones are more expensive. It's for anxiety seems be useful for lot people. Just praying as it's bit more medicinal than the supplements might help. Seem in such horrible wave at moment. Hope you are doing better and Ladyden's  dizzyness is improving X

Thanks Leann - just go low and slow...I ended up getting to 25mgs 3X day which is pretty high.  There are so many websites that guide you how to get started.