Author Topic: 12-24 months support group  (Read 8751 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 12-24 months support group
« Reply #240 on: October 17, 2021, 01:01:01 pm »
Hey [...] dear! I didn’t know you used to cross stitch. I did a bit of that a long time ago. I used patterns already there as well as blank fabric to make my own. I still have some of those things left. Maybe I start doing them again when I can sit up again. What do you think about starting to do yours again too?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #241 on: October 17, 2021, 11:25:46 pm »
Hope you are all doing well, I'll drop out fir a while, in a very dark place, feeling worse than I did year ago. Even thinking trying anti psychotic, this just feels like brain damage, seriously thinking this is going be permanent, mental symptoms are hardest thing to deal with.

Love to you [...] and praying for you as well  :'(
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #242 on: October 17, 2021, 11:36:08 pm »
I have the most difficult counted cross stitch kit.  It's a Thomas Kinkade called "Clearing Storms."  It has about 50 different colors including irridescent floss.  The stitches are so small that you need magnifier glasses to do it.  I started it and put it away in a container in the back room.  No way will I be able to finish it now with my cognitive problems.  I'm too sick and can barely see anymore.  It'll never get done.  When I die, I willed it to my sister to complete. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #243 on: October 19, 2021, 11:03:03 am »
Hugs Deanna how are you doing? Any new changes?
[...] I love Thomas Kincaid art scenes. They’re beautiful. What a pity they made those stitches too small. Even if you don’t have problems that is nerve wrecking to do all those stitches. But I bet when finished it’s gorgeous. Maybe you can get blank fabric and make your own pattern with the stitches as big as you want. I’ve seen some of those and they’re nice. Maybe do one of a cat. It might help you not feel so bad. Just a thought. If not maybe you can make jewelry. It doesn’t require much thinking.

[Buddie]

« Reply #244 on: October 19, 2021, 11:08:49 pm »
The squares on the Thomas Kinkade counted cross stitch canvas are supposed to be that small.  I think it's 14-pt., but not sure. I used to make jewelry years ago for a company.  My cognitive functioning is so bad now that I cannot even do the simplest of things; I even burn my dinner many nights and I cook the same foods all the time.  I was diagnosed with Memory Impairment and Amnesia a few years ago and have dementia now.  No one knows how mentally impaired I am now.  It's very bad.  My depression is very severe too.  I have no interest in doing any hobbies anymore. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 11:15:34 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #245 on: October 20, 2021, 01:54:00 pm »
Am sorry [...] that you’re still suffering the effects of your illness and benzo damage. I was just trying to think of something that was easy for you to enjoy again. Big hugs to you my dear

[Buddie]

« Reply #246 on: October 22, 2021, 02:10:42 pm »
Ok where is everyone?
How are you all doing?

[Buddie]

« Reply #247 on: October 22, 2021, 08:10:09 pm »
Hey [...], I was over on the Z thread opining about my gluten issues lol.

I was thinking .....and thinking...and I was sort of in that half-sleep state in the middle of the night, when I had a thought about all our sensitivities.  Some of us (like me) are sensitive to 99% of things we try to help ourselves.  Maybe we aren't really sensitive to the things we consume, but rather just sensitive to the change in the body that these things cause.  So I guess I am postulating that what we are feeling is the effects of the change in homeostasis.  Normal people just absorb the changes with no physical manifestations or perception of the subtle changes.  But we are so so sensitive neurologically, that we feel it.

So I've come up with a plan for when I want to try something:  try  only a tiny amount and no more frequently than every 2-3 days.  Maybe trying something new again each day is just too much.

Any thoughts???

[Buddie]

« Reply #248 on: October 24, 2021, 12:40:05 pm »
What you said makes sense. Homeostasis is off so little things are felt easily.
Yes I think you can try very small things again to see how it affects you. I’d suggest doing one thing at a time. So if it still revs you up then you’ll know the culprit. But at some point we have to test things out to see where we are.

[Buddie]

« Reply #249 on: October 24, 2021, 07:30:58 pm »
Hello all.  I am also going to hop on the sensitivity trial and error train, as I also seem to react negatively to many different foods and medicines.  I definitely know that sugar impacts me.....had a small sundae a few days ago and within a day or so, my GI symptoms flared up, followed now by an allergy/sinus infection.  As of today no antibiotics needed as GP said all blood work showed no bacterial infection, just pressure in my left ear.  So, this lovely Northern Virginia Sunday has me looking longingly out my window at the beautiful fall colors, while I am stuck inside with ear pressure, headache, and awful GI issues.

I am now at nineteen months and looking forward to symptoms boogieing on outta here!  I am sure you all feel the same!

Hugs,

GG