Author Topic: 12-24 months support group  (Read 5503 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 12-24 months support group
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2021, 06:49:06 pm »
Thx for the good vibes. I have a thought of something that might help you. Get a notebook write down your tasks for each day. Write it in detail. For example if you want to wash dishes write it out like this:
Gather dirty dishes
Run dish water in the sink or load dishwasher
Wipe/sanitize countertops
Clean the microwave
Clean stovetop
Sweep floor
Then do something you enjoy for an hour ( play online game, watch tv, read, etc)
When you make a list check off each item when they're complete.
This listing/instructions can be used for a whole day of scheduling things. It's really handy for cognitive, brain fog and OCD issues. Plus it gives you something to focus on distracting from symptoms. If the task is a complex task then break it down into parts. For example you want to clean your closet. Do it in steps- shoes, clothes, shelves, etc
I hope this tip helps you. You might feel silly writing on a notepad all day but it does help.
I don't want to see you give up. Not after you've come so far. I know you're so tired and frustrated and even disappointed. I am too! Especially after getting out of this bed prison and being forced back in it. Sometimes healing takes a little longer. Ask yourself this question please...if I reinstate or take another drug and the next month I would have healed or made a big leap in my healing, would it be worth it? You might be another 3 weeks or 3 months or even a year. Don't you want that? You've put in a lot of time already. You can only go forward in healing. There's some that suffer for awhile then get sudden healing. You might be one of those. I had a nephew who was at the end of 11th grade. He wanted to quit. I told him brutally honestly that if he does that then he's a fool. Just one more year left and not many classes each day either. Why get at the finish line of a marathon then sit on the ground and refuse to finish? When I said that, he changed his mind! He graduated last month with his class!!!!   :thumbsup:
Please don't give up just yet. I'm here for you my friend. I'm struggling too.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2021, 04:06:01 pm »
Going to try going away for a couple of nights,just hope I don't come back worse that I am now. Just figure if I never try will never know. Our stupid goverment is saying under 18's plus people who have been double jabbed don't have self isolate after covid contact  from next month. Plus no masks in couple weeks time. I know 2 people got it from family members after they've  been jabbed.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2021, 07:36:23 pm »
Enjoy your trip [...]. I can't wait to hear how it went. Be safe.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2021, 09:46:39 pm »
Yes [...], Hope you enjoy your trip and it is a good distraction for you!

I've had my daughter with us for an extended visit and we ended up doing many things as we used to do - go out for shopping, coffee, strolling through town, going to the beach.  She kept me much more active than I usually am, and you know what?  I feel very good.  I had some Sx early in her visit, but I slept well and we got into a new rhythm for the week, including what we watched for tv in the evenings.  It was a nice switch-up and I think I'm better for it.

Unfortunately she came down with a cold, including a low fever by the time she left  :(  We are all vaccinated but I can't help wonder if she could have the delta variant as she did travel by car and stopped at rest stops along the way.  I have no doubt she'll be fine.  My husband has some early symptoms of congestion, and now I'm waiting for the inevitable although I feel absolutely fine right now.  Just don't know what I could take besides tylenol if I need something....anybody have experience with sudafed or  other decongestants while in withdrawal??

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2021, 12:23:59 pm »
Yes [...], Hope you enjoy your trip and it is a good distraction for you!

I've had my daughter with us for an extended visit and we ended up doing many things as we used to do - go out for shopping, coffee, strolling through town, going to the beach.  She kept me much more active than I usually am, and you know what?  I feel very good.  I had some Sx early in her visit, but I slept well and we got into a new rhythm for the week, including what we watched for tv in the evenings.  It was a nice switch-up and I think I'm better for it.

Unfortunately she came down with a cold, including a low fever by the time she left  :(  We are all vaccinated but I can't help wonder if she could have the delta variant as she did travel by car and stopped at rest stops along the way.  I have no doubt she'll be fine.  My husband has some early symptoms of congestion, and now I'm waiting for the inevitable although I feel absolutely fine right now.  Just don't know what I could take besides tylenol if I need something....anybody have experience with sudafed or  other decongestants while in withdrawal??

Is your daughter vaccinated?

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2021, 03:25:32 pm »
Thanks [...]

Doing all I can the sx are overwhelming today as is the stress. Bi am doing what I can.  I also woke up with a cold.  Mostly nasal congestion, and my daily morning sx.  Lots of pain.  I will have to make my own decisions as far as alternative.  I am 23 months today.  Some is better done is not.  Hope you are getting through.  Hold on.  I will keep you posted.  Prayers and positive vibes.

U

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2021, 10:26:23 am »
Did actually manage get away for couple nights, even though only got couple hours sleep due to hotel room being really hot and rock hard bed. Won't say it was a breeze but I managed it felt really chuffed with myself, so hoping things finally improving bit. Did feel very safe had to wear masks apart from when eating/ drinking in the hotel. Still think it's wrong he's stopping all safety measures within the next month , including self isolation for under 18's and double vaccinated people, when we've got over 36,000 cases rising every day. Hope you manage to move soon [...] den, if I can manage to get away you can do it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2021, 08:54:27 pm »
[...] how are you doing today?
Deanna how's the sick people doing? No I don't have any medication experiences. I'm actually wondering that myself. I don't think anything is safe to take while in WD. Whatever you try is a risk. That's what I've gathered from the other posts. I'm desperate to get to my new place. I wish there was something that I knew of with mild consequences to put me to sleep for at least 30 minutes so I can go to my new place. I can't handle antihistamines ( atleast not since nearly a year ago when hospital gave me one and it went paradoxical on me).
[...] glad you made it safely back home. It was good that you got out.

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2021, 09:12:07 pm »
Hi All,

[...] I am willing you with all mu thoughts to get to your new place with NO symptoms.  If we all pray for you maybe we can make it happen.  This is where mind over matter really kicks in.  If you believe that you will be just fine I trust that you will indeed be!  It is a test of faith, and I know you are a woman of great faith and strength!  You will prevail.

Unfortunately I caught the bug my daughter had.  Hubby is fine and almost over it.  I just have a scratchy throat, mild nasal congestion and a slight headache.  Not even really fatigued, but by end of day I'm wiped.  In the old days I'd pop an Advil, Sudafed, anything to address the symptoms.  Now I am just suffering through them afraid to take anything.  Doing honey in hot water and gargling with salt water, each of which are a very slight help.  I can't believe how intolerant I am of the slightest physical discomforts.  WD has made me a ninny nanny.  Just tired of feeling like crap although I am grateful it is not worse.  I know it will be gone in a few days.  Even a cough drop would be helpful if I had confidence it wouldn't be paradoxical.

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday.  Found a really good distraction on Netflix: The Good Place.  Moves fast and is comical and satirical...keeps my mind occupied.  Good Luck All!!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2021, 04:05:10 am »
[...], just go!  You'll be alright.  Maybe you have fear that things won't be ok when you ride to your new home, but they will be.  Tell yourself, "It will be alright."  I drove in the thunderstorm today with flooded roads, got lost and kept praying to God to get me home.