Author Topic: 12-24 months support group  (Read 34725 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 12-24 months support group
« Reply #1320 on: May 22, 2022, 02:47:09 am »
Accidentaldependent,

I did the Hulda Clark gallbladder cleanse you can look it up online. My naturopath referred me to it. It only takes two days to do. And if you have any gallstones or anything it will flush it out. It just helps to clean it. It definitely helped afterwards things settle down for me. It didn't happen immediately but it did and then when my naturopath rechecked everything looked better. But I have had a problem with it being congested from time to time another thing that I took was beta plus by biotics. That can actually help decongest it without doing the cleanse. But then you're doing a supplement and I know a lot of people can be sensitive. I had no problem with it. So a couple of times when I had the congestion I just used the supplement. It's hard to know what to recommend because we're all so different and sensitive in different ways. Hugs!

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1321 on: May 23, 2022, 11:19:43 am »
We all heal, right???
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1322 on: May 23, 2022, 11:40:06 am »
Yes I know I can be a bit of a misery  at times, and Iím sorry if I dragged people down ever. But I try not to make posts that can be triggering to other people. This support group is definitely one for positivity.

[...], no, I wasn't bothered by what you wrote, I had the same thought/concern.  I was bothered by the buddy that used the word "permanent" which in my opinion should never, ever be used here unless it's to voice that we are concerned we ourselves are damaged such and seek reassurance.  So no need to apologize but I appreciate your concern and sensitivity. 

This support group is great, so thanks again for everyone who makes this a refuge against some the scary stuff out there.
You are very welcome and weíre happy to have you my dear. Yes please continue to be careful what you read on here. This is not to talk bad about anyoneÖ.but, we have to keep in mind that everyone on here is dealing with a brain injury of varying degrees. Because of that some people are operating, thinking and speaking with altered thought processes. Unfortunately those thoughts are in most cases not positive. Saying this is permanent without ANY evidence is not a good thing to do. However, thereís plenty of evidence/success stories that contradicts ď permanent ď talk. Regardless of whether someone believes itís permanent or not, if they donít reinstate or donít start trying this or that to ď helpĒ, they heal anyway. Then they have to come back to say ď I thought it was permanent. I was wrong!Ē That is a common admittance in success stories. So Iím glad that you are choosing to put that out of your mind. Something thatís permanently damaged doesnít get better AT ALL. This is important to keep in mind. Belief in your healing can keep you grounded and combat extra stress. The extra stress can make symptoms worse and therefore can make you think it is permanent because it feels like it. I make it my business to not read anything triggering ( negative, extreme suffering, stimulating, etc). Nothing more than what we do here which is pretty muchÖ.Ē Iím having a bad day or my symptoms have upticked, etc. Thatís normal reaching out for support. Which is why we all are here.  :thumbsup:
You WILL heal, Accidental . We all will healÖ.we are in the process as we speak. Believe that! Sending you love and hugs 🤗
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 11:51:46 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #1323 on: May 23, 2022, 11:45:40 am »
LL, [...],

I read in old threads you had your gallbladders looked at.  I've been having upper right abdomen pain and odd stool so the GI doc recommended a Hida scan.  It's Wednesday.  Have either of you had one of those?

-AD
Yes I had a Hida scan. Mine showed my gallbladder was barely functioning. I had surgery to remove it. Immediately felt better  :thumbsup: 
It did take some time for my digestive system to handle fats without a gallbladder but itís not that hard to endure. Slowly over time, I increased my fat intake. Itís not a coincidence to me that many have gallbladder issues while on benzo and drugs. Before Ambien, I NEVER had stomach issues or balance issues. I had an ultrasound which showed nothing but my doctor knew something wasnít right so she sent me for the Hida scan. She was right! It looked normal but wasnít functioning very well.
The gallbladder removal was definitely needed in my case. Please keep me posted.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1324 on: May 23, 2022, 12:05:18 pm »
Hi All!  Just popping in to say hello and keep in touch! Doing OK lately - not healed yet but feeling a tiny bit stronger as I ease into more activity and movement.  Have been gardening last 3 days.  Sore and achy but definitely a different kind of pain.  Feels "normal" as opposed to that "withdrawal" pain if you could understand what I mean....

My plan for the Summer is to double down on a good diet - even more vegetables and less processed chips, etc.  Staying gluten free as it helps me for sure.  Had my thyroid tested and I am a bit high on T4 - and I've been on this dose for 35 years!  So reducing my levothyroxine a tad.  I personally think being GF has resolved some inflammation and auto-antibodies and maybe my thyroid is functioning just a tiny bit better....we'll see.

Reading a wonderful memoir written by a medical doctor who fell chronically ill and took 10 years to heal herself.  No benzos involved but the healing journey incredibly similar to ours.  It brought tears to my eyes while reading for no apparent reason.  My subconscious must be sympathizing with her story and there is much grief deep down within me.  I think it's worth sharing here:

https://www.amazon.com/Brave-New-Medicine-Unconventional-Autoimmune/dp/1684032059/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1P7DIWMJZ5W94&keywords=cynthia+li+brave+new+medicine&qid=1653308111&sprefix=cynthia+li%2Caps%2C104&sr=8-1

The takeaway I think is that our kind of multi-year healing journey is individual and multi-layered.  So many avenues to address to achieve full healing, e.g, the gut, stress reduction, diet, exercise, experienced or inherited trauma, unresolved grief, etc.  There is a book to be written by each one of us.

My thoughts are with each of us as we continue on our journey!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 12:27:34 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #1325 on: May 23, 2022, 12:21:46 pm »
Hugs Deanna. Thanks for sharing with us. Glad you popped in because I was wondering where you were. I love gardening too. Iím happy you were able to do that. Iím the same as youÖnot healed yet but getting functioning back slowly. So we press on to experience our new healed lives. Iím so excited about mine. I keep dreaming of the beach. Iíve been looking at nearby ones to do a short vacation when Iím well enough. Wow not so long ago just the thought of going anywhere terrified me. Huge difference! Now Iím ready to go but my body isnít. Lol so Iím just waiting until it catches up.
Youíve done a super job of enduring this. You donít have long now. Iím excited for you! Whatís in your garden?

[Buddie]

« Reply #1326 on: May 23, 2022, 12:32:30 pm »
Hey LadyD! Soooo happy to hear you are progressing and looking forward.  We are in the same boat bobbing along looking for that Land-HO LOL.

I have mostly flowers and shrubs.  I always try to make it better buying new plants and creating new beds, but this year I am going to settle for maintenance and enjoyment.  I think I have to learn to do less and expect a bit less too.  I am am a recovering over-achiever and I think that personality trait has landed me in the position of using the Ambien and now the accumulated stress has weakened me. 

Pay attention to your dreams - they are telling you something.  Go the the beach and spend time in nature :-)

[Buddie]

« Reply #1327 on: May 23, 2022, 12:35:37 pm »
LL, [...],

I read in old threads you had your gallbladders looked at.  I've been having upper right abdomen pain and odd stool so the GI doc recommended a Hida scan.  It's Wednesday.  Have either of you had one of those?

-AD
Yes I had a Hida scan. Mine showed my gallbladder was barely functioning. I had surgery to remove it. Immediately felt better  :thumbsup: 
It did take some time for my digestive system to handle fats without a gallbladder but itís not that hard to endure. Slowly over time, I increased my fat intake. Itís not a coincidence to me that many have gallbladder issues while on benzo and drugs. Before Ambien, I NEVER had stomach issues or balance issues. I had an ultrasound which showed nothing but my doctor knew something wasnít right so she sent me for the Hida scan. She was right! It looked normal but wasnít functioning very well.
The gallbladder removal was definitely needed in my case. Please keep me posted.

I'm sorry, this really freaks me out though I appreciate you sharing. I was worried about this process damaging organs permanently.  I guess I'm getting ahead of myself, one thing at a time : you handled the scan itself ok?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 01:06:25 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #1328 on: May 23, 2022, 01:27:07 pm »
Thank you Deanna. And yes as soon as I can endure a car ride Iím going to the nearest beach. Hugs!

Accidental the scan wasnít bad at all. They give you a milky looking drink ( itís flavored but not too bad). You wait a certain time to pass then they scan you at various intervals. A normal functioning gallbladder should be emptying at certain amounts over a period of a few minutes at a time.
For example if at 15 minutes the liquid should be half goneÖ..if itís not then the gallbladder isnít functioning properly. Thereís nothing to worry about. The scan is one of the easiest Iíve had.  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #1329 on: May 23, 2022, 01:48:39 pm »
LadyD, Deanna,

I'm so glad you're able to do more and are feeling positive.  I've heard of that Dr Li book and thought about checking it out. 

I'm having an elevated sx day.  I've got some old ones that haven't been around for a while show up today, like teeth throbbing, dpdr, and nausea.  I haven't been nauseous since February.  It's making it a tough day, plus anxiety over my scan and possibly having a physical issue with the gallbladder.  I guess I just have to keep up the distractions and things I usually do.  I'll get through it, I know I will, it's just really uncomfortable