Author Topic: 12-24 months and up support group  (Read 58817 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 12-24 months support group
« Reply #1290 on: May 14, 2022, 12:33:57 pm »
Thanks for the positive post and morning hug!  Hugs to you too. 

I'm actually lucky in that if I sleep well, I feel well, with low dread.  It's not that I don't have any, but I would say the dread/sleep relationship is inversely related.  Everything else you wrote is spot on though! 

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1291 on: May 14, 2022, 01:17:52 pm »

Like an old radio 📻 itís trying to find the station so we can dance to the music 🎼

LOVE that analogy LadyD!  I too think of it as fine-tuning.  It's all so familiar (the symptoms) but somehow it is different too.  Can't put my finger on it.  Maybe the hope of healing just around the corner is making it feel different.  Unfortunately my mind is always searching for associations to what I ate or did.  But we know that is a wasted use of mental power.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1292 on: May 14, 2022, 01:23:05 pm »
Thanks thatĒs reassuring to know. Just feel I should be doing more to recover .Have any of you tried pro biotics ? Got some might try again. Think Jíve got lot general inflammation probably from Covid. Get the throbby sensation soon as I lie in bed from the sinus, had a nail come off, seemed grow back, but gone yellow down side and seem be loosing the new nail now. Apart from the brain damage body falling apart too. Just so frustrating when you get a glimpse of normality and gets snatched away. I havenít been sleeping well which makes an enormous difference to me. In past reached fir odd rescue dose when that happened but realise it was delaying recovery so no more!

Yes [...] I started trying probiotics last November.  I was able to get through 3 weeks of using before I had a paradoxical reaction.  Ended up in bed for days with horrible abdominal cramping, and constant feeling like I had to go to bathroom, but in the end it was more of less normal, just distorted feeling in my gut.  Really felt like I had IBS.  Finally cleared up after a week off the probiotics.  I was using a single strain formulation: Culturelle here in the USA.  L. Rhamosus as I recall.  Had good data on helping with anxiety.

The upshot to that was I felt like I took a huge step forward the month after that.  So unwilling to use it again I am sticking with kefir which has 12 strains.  I've come to believe that alot of any one strain seems unnatural, so sticking with foods instead to get my probiotics.  I personally believe it is a huge piece of the puzzle.

I am now thinking of trying Kombucha - probiotic tea - but treading so very gently.  Started with a few sips 2 weeks ago.  Once I stabilize again will try some more.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1293 on: May 14, 2022, 01:28:31 pm »
Thanks thatĒs reassuring to know. Just feel I should be doing more to recover .Have any of you tried pro biotics ? Got some might try again. Think Jíve got lot general inflammation probably from Covid. Get the throbby sensation soon as I lie in bed from the sinus, had a nail come off, seemed grow back, but gone yellow down side and seem be loosing the new nail now. Apart from the brain damage body falling apart too. Just so frustrating when you get a glimpse of normality and gets snatched away. I havenít been sleeping well which makes an enormous difference to me. In past reached fir odd rescue dose when that happened but realise it was delaying recovery so no more!

Yes [...] I started trying probiotics last November.  I was able to get through 3 weeks of using before I had a paradoxical reaction.  Ended up in bed for days with horrible abdominal cramping, and constant feeling like I had to go to bathroom, but in the end it was more of less normal, just distorted feeling in my gut.  Really felt like I had IBS.  Finally cleared up after a week off the probiotics.  I was using a single strain formulation: Culturelle here in the USA.  L. Rhamosus as I recall.  Had good data on helping with anxiety.

The upshot to that was I felt like I took a huge step forward the month after that.  So unwilling to use it again I am sticking with kefir which has 12 strains.  I've come to believe that alot of any one strain seems unnatural, so sticking with foods instead to get my probiotics.  I personally believe it is a huge piece of the puzzle.

I am now thinking of trying Kombucha - probiotic tea - but treading so very gently.  Started with a few sips 2 weeks ago.  Once I stabilize again will try some more.
I was thinking of trying culturelle.  I wouldn't take it every day if I did.  I've read good things about it here in other threads.  Did you feel a decrease in anxiety at all?

[Buddie]

« Reply #1294 on: May 14, 2022, 02:30:45 pm »

I might try it for a while, it really helped my IBS in the past. Given up on the 5-2 diet, eating so little gave me bad headaches ans actually put on a pounds one week! Funny I feel lot better when I sleep, hence the addiction to zopiclone. Had couple bad nights why Iím jumpy. Have any of you tried wordle. My son got me onto it, it does get your brain working again. My husband reckons when Itís full moon Iím worse, there is one tomorrow , so maybe something in it. Havenít started howling yet though😱

[Buddie]

« Reply #1295 on: May 14, 2022, 05:20:41 pm »
Hey [...] one thing I have noticed with the intermittent fasting is that it stresses our bodies.  Supposed to be a good stress (like exercise) but it has sometimes interfered with my sleep.  I looked it up and it appears to be a cause of sleeping less.  So I moderate it and stop and start as I feel I can handle it.  I only do 12 hrs a day most days.  Actually have also found it to be constipating so maybe it is impacting your gut as well?

A normal person can handle these "stresses", but for us - just another wave inducer.....Good idea to drop it for a while.  Then maybe you can start up again when you feel better again.  That's what I do.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1296 on: May 14, 2022, 05:39:38 pm »
Thanks thatís useful to know. Have stopped the fasting. I did have busy week this week, had hairdresser come round, Pilates, friend came round fir coffee, then other couple days  went to the retirement groups we belong to. The week before had plumber in the house from 9 am- 6 pm, as had problems with boiler he had trouble sorting it out. Maybe just overload, think unlike ď normalĒ people maybe we need to pace ourselves. Itís easy if you get few good days think you can do everything you did before. Really hot here so just been chilling in garden this afternoon. Just wish I could go away for a few days ,holidays seem a distant memory, no way could book anything yet. Hope we all come out of the waves soon.🏄🏼🏄🏽‍♂️🏄🏼

[Buddie]

« Reply #1297 on: May 14, 2022, 08:40:12 pm »
Hello to All You Beautiful People! [...] thank you so much for checking on me. It looks as though we're all in the same situation. Sounds like you're in waves. I am in the worst wave I've ever been in. With old symptoms coming back and today things have been cycling. I had a brief window very early in the morning actually before I'm ready to get up for the day, so it's there while I'm sleeping and then it goes away with very intense symptoms returning. It's even difficult to distract. Actually some of the symptoms have been pretty scary! That's why I haven't really posted I was waiting to see if things would lighten up and I could say something positive. But, on a positive note I think you're right we're all just trying to fine tune like a radio. My husband used the same analogy. Things are going in and out and old things have come back with a vengeance. Sure hoping we all see some relief soon.

Hugs to all! [...]
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 08:45:56 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #1298 on: May 15, 2022, 10:50:51 am »
It is so reassuring to hear everyone's stories that reflect my own experience as well.  Thank you LadyD for creating this subtopic thread - it has proven to be my favorite one on the forum!

Yesterday also had re-emergence of my old leg neuropathy - it now starts with pins and needles which I never had before so I choose to think of it as starting to fade for good.  Weather has been dreadful for almost 2 weeks - no sun and no vitamin D production.  So I decided to use my Vit D lamp again and I actually felt a tiny bit better after.  Maybe placebo effect?

[...] I can so relate to the having a workman in the house as a drain.  Had painters doing the outside of the house - but it lasted 2+ weeks.  Thought it would just be a few days.  The change in routine was such a disruption and not kind to my psyche.  Things that are easy for normal ppl are just too much for us just yet.

Happy Sunday to All - May you have a peaceful day  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #1299 on: May 15, 2022, 01:11:45 pm »
Hope you are all doing OK. Sleep better thank goodness. Had to get some flowers for my flower arranging group. Local supermarket I walk to didnít have any. So had go out in car to one ,double whammy, going in car and it was heaving with people. So had enough of this anxiety. Will have to try more car trips I think, another window soon please, had enough surfing the waves, feel really low today for some reason almost like someone flicked a switch. Having only just experienced having windows, do any of you find it almost feels worse if you get a wave just after a window, like the comparisons between the two makes things feel worse?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 03:10:15 pm by [Buddie] »