Really Struggling Today

[Go...]

Today is day 5 benzo free and symptoms really started to increase yesterday which is normal for me. This is just so hard and I have started with new symptoms. I have so much physical pain as well as anxiety increasing, chest pain and now horrible pain and pressure back in head and started in ears. I just want to function again and be able to work. I feel like God keeps reminding me though that this is the last time I will have to go through the symptoms from a drop. So sensitive to noises again and still have completely lost my voice. The Lord is the only thing carrying me through this right now.

I am thankful for the overall signs of improvement I have had though and I slept a little better last night. Praise God for that!!!

I went through this with a steroid before a number of years ago so I have an idea what i am in store for but it still is so incredibly hard to get through this in the moment.

Looking for any encouragement you may have.

KachinaBirdsong thank you so much for checking in. It has been really rough. I am starting to have some windows of mild relief though. the physical pain is horrible as well as pressure in the head. I am thankful for the windows but it almost makes the waves harder.

Hope you are doing ok.

Hey GodsGirl I saw your post and wanted to reach out. I know it's tough right now. One thing to remember is that it's temporary and you know where your strength comes from. He promised us that he won't put more on us than we can bear. I want to wish you love and encourage you to pamper yourself through this everyday. Make a comfort plan for the really rough times. Fill it with things that are comforting to you...holding a teddy bear, a warm weighted blanket, aromatherapy filling the room, etc. Many days pretending like I'm at a spa saved me.

[cb...]

Hey Gods Girl 1976,

On those really rough days, I leaned heavily on distraction which for me meant anything relatively mindless that would pass the time.  Some of the things I used:  puzzles, easy Netflix movies, crochet, walking, decluttering my closets and drawers, uncomplicated cooking, YouTube, etc.  I'm glad to hear you are having some mild relief.

Thinking of you.    :smitten:

Good Morning God's Girl! Reaching out this morning to tell you to continue to hold on to hope. This is a wild and strange journey, but thank God it is not one we have to take alone. Keep praying and distract distract distract. You and the BB family are forever in my prayers.  :smitten: :smitten:

Stay Strong my Sister!

PG

Good luck Godsgirl. A lot of the hard work is behind you. Persevere and next year at this time you’ll be so much better.

Gods Girl,

It's tough reading everything you have written because I recognise the powerlessness we share over so many of our respective short term recovery outcomes. Remember that in the long term, you have power because you will recover, as you did from steroid treatment previously. In the now, I am pleased to see you thank Heaven for the small mercy of sleep last night. If it's any consolation, I feel your pain; I truly do. I also know that it will get better, and I am praying for you that you find some comfort through these dark hours right now.

I am going back to bed to get close to God so that I know how; by meditating. It is the way I pray, and you will be with me in my thinking.

Bancha

Bancha

I have now also just read the date of your post and the rest of the thread. My benzo brain feels foolish, and I want to delete the above post, but I have chosen not to because my sympathy for you still stands, and I hope you continue to improve today.

Bancha

GodsGirl, some windows, I'm glad. Definitely stick with LadyDen as she can help you get through the  head pressure type symptoms. Pain is a horrible companion, I know. Keep pampering, hot bath, whatever you can. Rest, don't push yourself. THIS is work, it's a big job, take a break on the other things when you can. I wish you well.

Kate~~you are one lucky woman who can put watching a movie on the same list as decluttering!!! Decluttering is The Bomb, but I long to get it perfectly and my head swoons and I faint! Can you come over?

Hi GG,

I want to congratulate you again on jumping! You are through that hurdle. I am sorry you're having some post jump hurdles. I agree that God only puts on you what you can handle. You are strong enough to handle any waves. I wish you lot's of windows that get longer and longer.

HM

How are you doing GodsGirl? I wanted to direct you to take a look at Begood's inspiration for the day. She post a different one each day. They were a big comfort to me in my early jump months. Hugs!

Hey GodsGirl I saw your post and wanted to reach out. I know it's tough right now. One thing to remember is that it's temporary and you know where your strength comes from. He promised us that he won't put more on us than we can bear. I want to wish you love and encourage you to pamper yourself through this everyday. Make a comfort plan for the really rough times. Fill it with things that are comforting to you...holding a teddy bear, a warm weighted blanket, aromatherapy filling the room, etc. Many days pretending like I'm at a spa saved me.

Thank you so much for that encouragement. It is so hard to have those tomes of feeling a little better and then crashing right back to so much pain and anxiety. I know it is up and down and takes time. The Lord if carrying me through for sure. In this moment it is just enough strength to get through but he always gives me enough. I am just ready to have a little more than enough. All in HIs timing.