Do you believe in afterlife??

[Ki...]

What a good topic!

I have had some experiences throughout my life that I can’t really explain with words. They have been such strong experiences and have at times felt more real than this life.

All of them have pushed me to confront my life long fear of death. I have read multiple NDEs, listened to interviews from people who have studied the subject and people who have worked with dying people and a lot more on the topic from multiple different angles. In addition to listening to Buddhist, Hindu, shamanic, esoteric, spiritual and mindful teachings and teachers. They all pretty much tell the same but from a slightly different angles. With the horrible things that wd brought on and made me confront, I feel like I have finally found peace with all of it. I could write multiple page essays from this because it is such an interesting topic but I’ll try to keep it short.  I am after all a human and have not died nor had an actual NDE, these are just from my point of view.

I strongly believe that we are smaller points of views from a bigger consciousness that is one. All life is a part of the same source, the same large oneness that has taken physical form to experience life. So we are the universe experiencing itself through physical eyes. We as souls, come to the earth to experience lessons and  work on our karma. The physical plane, earth, is material and therefore has pain and suffering. Only through pain and suffering do we really evolve. It’s like a school for the souls. Then when we finally re-emerge with the non physical, we get to see everything from a pure loving perspective, what we did and what we learned. We can see how we made others feel and feel everything they felt at the moment. But never from a judging place. The ultimate lesson we learn indeed is that nothing matters except how well we loved ourselves and everything around us. And by love, I mean the all encompassing unconditional love that is a state of being. This kind of love is the basis of all spiritual teachings. We humans tend to think love from our egoistic minds, so we don’t often feel this in our own lives. Animals and children come closest to it in their being.

So is there afterlife? I don’t necessarily believe that it’s life like ours, but I certainly believe and the science and evidence around it suggests that there is a another form of being that is much different and much more real than this dream we call life. When we get there we feel like we’ve gone home.

Even if there wasn’t anything, it is our egos that are afraid to die, that is why we have egos. If we didn’t have egos, nothing would keep us here.  When death comes, our egos grab hold of life to the very last breath but our souls know to surrender to the ultimate change. To anyone interested in this subject I encourage you to start to meditate on this subject and reading and studying it with the intent to better understand yourself and your life. Just remember that it might cause your mind to expand and it sometimes can feel a bit scary. Just do it by pacing yourself and know that your soul is always where it is intended to be.

Hope this brought some peace to some of you  :smitten:

I also believe in Universal Consciousness. I believe in the Big Bang and I believe we are all connected. I think when we pass over, we continue to exist in a different form (lighter weight, but still very solid) that we just can't see. I think we are surrounded by "dead" people who obviously aren't really dead or they wouldn't be there. I think there are some mediums that are legit and actually talking to people who have passed over and I think there are some that are frauds. While I can't say for sure and I am in no hurry to find out, I think the Universe is bursting with life and we are surrounded by our ancestors and others all the time. i adopt the label of "agnostic" because I am not religious but still believe in a living Universe and life after "death". There are some fascinating videos on YouTube about Universal Consciousness.

HM

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [Ta...]

• [Ki...]

• [Be...]

Could explain more about your NDE.  Did you go to a heavenly place and see Jesus?

I believe I was being guided towards Heaven, as I said I was moving towards something, only to be jerked back as a result of paramedics reviving me. Sadly, no, I didn't see Jesus. I wish I had. But I felt such peace, love, joy. I thought to myself, so this is what it's like to die. Not at all scary, I felt no fear. And then suddenly I was jerked back.  :(  I know there will be a time I will truly die, and not be brought back. And I will go once again to this place and stay. I will keep moving forward as Cherubs greet me with singing, laughter and play.

There's a research website about NDE's. Years ago, I submitted my experience. I can't recall what it's called, I'd have to try and find it. It explored both the possible scientific and medical explanation for them, and the religious aspect. 

I've had visions of Jesus and a heavenly place many times over the years.  I sometimes have visions of Jesus in my bedroom at night comforting me.  I also have visions of a place that is perfect with beautiful green grass and clean dirt and a fountain with encrusted gems in it and pure clean water coming out of it, and a cabin where I can live.  The weather is always perfect, no violent rain or tornadoes or hurricanes or typhoons or heavy snow like we have on this earth that hurt people and their property.  Even my cat Lily who died is there and happy and enjoying herself.  I also have visions sometimes of people who passed over and who are there in this heavenly place.  I had a gf out of highschool who died and who was always nice to me and I asked her in the spirit to take care of my cat Lily there and she said that she would.  I'm certainly ready to go this heavenly place soon.  I'm tired of suffering on this earth. 

Becks, there was a mystic named Eileen George who was shown Heaven. One time she saw her beloved horse who recently died, galloping freely in Heaven. She asked God, because our faith teaches animal souls die with the animal. God told her that the horse was there waiting for her, and that He knows our pets bring us so much happiness and joy, and He wants us to be happy in Heaven, our beloved animals are part of that. She died a few years ago, I know she's reunited with her horse and the other animals and pets she loved during her life. So Lily is there, waiting for you.

Could explain more about your NDE.  Did you go to a heavenly place and see Jesus?

I believe I was being guided towards Heaven, as I said I was moving towards something, only to be jerked back as a result of paramedics reviving me. Sadly, no, I didn't see Jesus. I wish I had. But I felt such peace, love, joy. I thought to myself, so this is what it's like to die. Not at all scary, I felt no fear. And then suddenly I was jerked back.  :(  I know there will be a time I will truly die, and not be brought back. And I will go once again to this place and stay. I will keep moving forward as Cherubs greet me with singing, laughter and play.

There's a research website about NDE's. Years ago, I submitted my experience. I can't recall what it's called, I'd have to try and find it. It explored both the possible scientific and medical explanation for them, and the religious aspect.

Not all but most of the NDE experiences I've read said that it changed their life completely. Was this the case for you? Did it bring you some kind of reassurance and hope? Did you find it hard to "be brought back"? Of course if you don't feel like sharing, I understand completely because this has to be such a private experience. I honor that!

Not all but most of the NDE experiences I've read said that it changed their life completely. Was this the case for you? Did it bring you some kind of reassurance and hope? Did you find it hard to "be brought back"? Of course if you don't feel like sharing, I understand completely because this has to be such a private experience. I honor that!

For me, I don't think it changed my life, as much as it made more accepting of where my life was headed. I had a new understanding of my purpose. I wish I wasn't brought back, my life hasn't been the best, returning to the same existence was something I wish I could have avoided. It's hard to explain, there's a lot of religious and theological reasoning that I don't think is appropriate to this forum. It's complicated.

My Essene faith says that we will continue to reincarnate until we stop making mistakes that harm our bodies and minds and when we stop hurting others.

I agree 100%!  :thumbsup:

Me, too!

I've had visions of Jesus and a heavenly place many times over the years.  I sometimes have visions of Jesus in my bedroom at night comforting me.  I also have visions of a place that is perfect with beautiful green grass and clean dirt and a fountain with encrusted gems in it and pure clean water coming out of it, and a cabin where I can live.  The weather is always perfect, no violent rain or tornadoes or hurricanes or typhoons or heavy snow like we have on this earth that hurt people and their property.  Even my cat Lily who died is there and happy and enjoying herself.  I also have visions sometimes of people who passed over and who are there in this heavenly place.  I had a gf out of highschool who died and who was always nice to me and I asked her in the spirit to take care of my cat Lily there and she said that she would.  I'm certainly ready to go this heavenly place soon.  I'm tired of suffering on this earth.

That's beautiful, Becks. I believe that Jesus has come to you in comfort and that your friend is looking after Lily.

• 2 weeks later...

I do. I had a Near Death Experience after a medical emergency. It was the most peaceful and beautiful experience. I found myself surrounded by white light, and there were Cherubs singing, laughing, and playing. I was moving towards something, when all of the sudden I was jerked back. I open my eyes to see a paramedic saying "Welcome back". I wished I never came back. I truly believed the Cherubs were guiding me to Heaven itself. Before I was afraid to die, I had a couple close calls (ruptured appendix with acute peritonitis, surgeon did not expect me to survive, and nearly went into adrenal shock once, ER doc saved me just in time). But this time it really happened, I had died and was revived. There is an afterlife, and Jesus will someday meet me there. My faith teaches that, because He is my Lord and Savior. I am no longer afraid of death.

BenzoLottie. Thanks, I love your post! And I'm no longer afraid of death either.

And this is my story, I had written this in my blog;

A motorcycle accident and a near-death experience. And this is the most incredible thing I have ever experienced. I was a lukewarm Christian, but my experience has changed my life in a very positive way.

I did a CT, and wonderful astral travels in the spirit world. And still amazing meditations 2-3 times a week. And BB- members have written; tell me about your experiences! But so hard to explain, I can’t find the right words. How do I describe the wonderful colors, the angels, I can fly and Jesus? And so much love. But this You-Tube video explains everything. My meditations always start with a long stairway and a gate to heaven. Or a sparking sea, and the Light. I have seen all the things in this video, and I'm so grateful. Jesus is my life. But I never try to convince anyone, we all have free will. I don’t usually talk about it. "I was standing in front of the Throne begging for forgiveness." Then they send me to the madhouse. But Becks recommend this thread, a thousand thanks!

"Spirit in the Sky, Norman Greenbaum"

Anna, I do know that song from the 70's.  It's a good one.  I'll go read the lyrics.  The heaven I envision has paths that are made of gemstones like gravel.  No theft or bad things happen in heaven and everyone can be trusted.  No lack there either.

• 2 months later...
I honestly would love to believe in afterlife. This way you still have some hope left... that's something gonna happen after "the end". Everyone who is curious about this kind of stuff should watch documentary "Beyond our Sight". Lots to think about... It is possible to watch using "watch pay-per-view" function on firestick. Absolutely worth attention!

No. I believe there's only now and only here. So (I believe) it's incumbent upon us to be the best people we can be right here, right now. I'm okay with that.

:smitten:

Katz

"Death Is Not The End" - Bob Dylan

Lyrics:

[Verse 1]

When you’re sad and when you’re lonely

And you haven’t got a friend

Just remember that death is not the end

And all that you’ve held sacred

Falls down and does not mend

Not the end, not the end

[Verse 2]

When you’re standing at the crossroads

That you cannot comprehend

And all your dreams have vanished

And you don’t know what’s up the bend

Not the end, not the end

[Verse 3]

When the storm clouds gather ’round you

And heavy rains descend

And there’s no one there to comfort you

With a helping hand to lend

Not the end, not the end

[bridge]

Oh, the tree of life is growing

Where the spirit never dies

And the bright light of salvation shines

In dark and empty skies

[Verse 4]

When the cities are on fire

With the burning flesh of men

And you search in vain to find

Just one law-abiding citizen

Not the end, not the end

I believe our current understanding of physics, in addition to other specialized fields of science, in our observable and unobservable universe supports the beliefs expressed in this song.

There is a webpage to find all the different IANDS groups all over the world. My personal favorite is the group from the Hawaiian Islands. They have wonderful guest speakers and an online meeting every Tuesday.

https://iands.org/groups/affiliated-groups/find-a-group.html

IANDS stands for International Association for Near-Death Studies, Inc. They have a radio show and a channel on YouTUBE too. They estimate that over 7 million Americans have had a near-death experience and if everyone just talked about their expeicne more openly that it could have such a transformative effect on this world.

Seriously, if anyone wants a dose of hope in a Creator and afterlife, just poke around on the YouTube channel.

Some of my favorites are Tricia Barker, Anita Moorjani, David Ditchfield, Eben Alexander, and Peter Panagore. Though there are tons more...

https://www.youtube.com/c/IANDSvideos

There is evidence but you have to look for it. Lots of people who died, went somewhere, had experiences, and were revived or came back to life. They are amazing similarities and some differences among them. University of Virginia has a whole department studying reincarnation. There is evidence. It's okay and no skin off anyones back if you don't believe it or accept it in your purview. No big deal either way.

I believe there is evidence for reincarnation if you look.

Yes, Dr. Bruce Greyson and others have done amazing research in the field of reincarnation. They have studies numerous children who speak of previous lives, and provide actual details that can be researched and proven. How would a 6 year old know names, details, professions and locations of his previous life which can be proven when that 6 year old has never been there, or hasn't been on a computer, and doesn't have "an active imagination." Parents all over the entire world claim their children make statements about who they were in a previous life.

Heres a link to the University of Virginia department within their medical school that has does the research and their are links:

https://med.virginia.edu/perceptual-studies/our-research/children-who-report-memories-of-previous-lives/fifty-years-of-research/

Honestly, a few years ago, I was skeptical too. I was agnostic. But too much has happened to me personally that I now believe. I have been awakened.

The beautiful thing is, it doesn't matter if you believe or not, because when you know, you'll know.

Everything will be okay for all.

• 5 weeks later...

I can't remember if I responded to this thread or not? I am agnostic. I believe in the Big Bang AND I believe in an afterlife. As far as reincarnation, I am open to it. It is possible that people are reincarnated and don't know it. I also believe in Mediums (like Tyler Henry, the Hollywood Medium) and think they get their gifts from energy in the universe. I believe savants (people who have inexplicable, superhuman talent in Math, Music, Art etc.) get their gift from the universe and all the energy around us. I think human thought is physical and can transcend outside the brain but only rare brains actually pick up anything outside of their own brain. I think we are surrounded by thoughts, which equals skills and abilities (like Math, Art, Music, Athletics etc.). We all see the same thing, smell the same thing, hear the same thing and experience the same concert. I think there is a lot going on in the air (universe) around us, that helps us all experience the same thing beyond just our brains processing it. I also have many theories about human evolution and how we came to the society we are now.

That is just my personal philosophy based on life experience and all I have read and heard but I believe it. I was going to attend a Universal Unitarian church but they often have 'sermons' based on a myriad of different beliefs from different religions. I have thought about writing a book or starting a MeetUp, lol, but I don't know.

Interesting to read people's responses.

HM

I believe in afterlife, and believe in resurrection, and i believe that there is only one God, with no rivals, that knows everything the future and the past, that created everything, no one is like Him, He is unik, everything comes from Him good or bad, the most powerful. He has no children neither wife. We need him.