Do you believe in afterlife??

[Ki...]

I was listening to somebody who had a spiritual experience with alien. Alien told him that humans needs to master unconditional love in order to ascend into astral being after life

If you fails to do so , you will be reincarnated till you learn the lesson.

Do you guys believe in this type of stuff??

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [Ta...]

• [Ki...]

• [Be...]

After series of unfortunate events which ultimately led to my current Benzo suffering, I can't help but think this was all planned.

Maybe answer for our suffering lies in afterlife.

I am not religious at all and don't subscribe to any religion but I do believe in Universal Energy and an afterlife. Sounds weird, I know, but that's what I believe.

HM

My Essene faith says that we will continue to reincarnate until we stop making mistakes that harm our bodies and minds and when we stop hurting others. 

I was listening to somebody who had a spiritual experience with alien. Alien told him that human needs to master unconditional love in order to ascend after  into astral being.l after life

I used to wholeheartedly believe in all that.  Now I read the Bible every day and believe it.  Good question, Kiwi!

My Essene faith says that we will continue to reincarnate until we stop making mistakes that harm our bodies and minds and when we stop hurting others.

I agree 100%!  :thumbsup:

I am not religious, and I do not believe in any kind of afterlife. I wish there was but I personally don't think there is. There is just no evidence to support. All living things, plants and animals, eventually die. Death to me is like going to sleep and just never waking up anymore. Like I once heard singer Linda Ronstadt say during an interview, I am not afraid to die but I am afraid to suffer prior to death.

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

-Susan Ertz

I wouldn't say I believe in an afterlife so much as I worry that there might be one.
But then, I worry about so many strange things since my brain got bruised by benzos.

I love the quote. LOL

My next life will definitely be better than this one.  This one turned out to be truly horrible being sick every single day like I am.

I am with some others here that this life was EXTREMELY rugged and it would not take an awful lot for just about anything to be better than this nightmare .

That being said , yes I do but not like we learned when we were very tiny children in church in the southern US .  I know there is a very active spirit world where my late fiance is waiting on me.. many things though have led me away from any sort of religion ( except nature )  but the spirit world is as tangible a place as this dimension is ..

I absolutely do! Redeven, that quote! ;D That is exactly why I believe in reincarnation! When I was a kid, maybe 6 or 7, I would lay awake at night and think "okay, so you die and go to heaven and then what??" "You lay around on a cloud and listen to harp music??" It bugged the heck out of me. I mean, what were you going to DO there?? So when I discovered reincarnation in the pre-teen years it all made sense to me and all the puzzle pieces fit.

Also, when I was quite young, maybe 8, and pondering things (because I was that kind of kid), I clearly heard a telepathic voice saying we are here to love one another and gain knowledge. I was quite excited and ran to tell my mother who handed me a spoon and told me to stir the carrots. So it wasn't a revelation to everyone but I've used it as guidance my whole life. Am I putting love out there? Am I learning? The benzo experience has been a tough one, shakes your faith to the core for sure. I cannot deny, however, that it has been a huge learning experience just not the kind of things I had expected to be learning. I'll add that my view of the celestial realms have changed and I do believe there is more going on than clouds and harps!

I can't wait to get my next life started.  I believe in reincarnation for sure.  Anything will be better than this life I'm living now.

I was listening to somebody who had a spiritual experience with alien. Alien told him that humans needs to master unconditional love in order to ascend into astral being after life

Yes. This is exactly what us Buddist believe in.

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently reading a book on Near Death Experiences and I am a Christian

And will say the author has written from a Christian perspective but what I found fascinating was many talking about “ the being of light” which many described as Jesus both Christians and non christians in their NDEs. But one of the coolest things I was hearing in many of these stories was the life review and how focused on relationships it was and that the whole purpose was to Love God and Love People. I have heard this all my life in different ways but seeing how everything was examined in a life review from this perspective was beautiful and scary. How one comment whether good

Or bad could have far reaching consequences in someone and many others lives. I don’t want to get too deep here but just thought it was cool and wanted to add.

I personally believe in a God that created the entire universe and sent his only son Jesus to die for us to save us from our sins. That when we die we either live for eternity in heaven or hell depending on whether we have accepted Jesus as our savior. That gift of salvation is free to us all, if we chose to accept it or not is up to us. God gives us free will to chose and will never force it upon us.

I certainly hope there is a better life after this one. Because this one has rather sucked.

I agree.

Hope there is no reincarnation as do NOT have any interest in coming back.

I kind of think there is nothing that I can possibly imagine.

I think the Heaven/Hell thing is childish concept and used to control people.

I listen to Alan Watts and think he is brilliant but don't understand it!  Hope there is some universal consciousness or something that gives this meaning...

When I was beginning to take K because I was “traumatized“ which was the psychiatrist’s response to help me feel better—- I left work one day feeling awful about my life. I was walking somewhat aimlessly when  I found myself in front of a Unity bookstore that had a sign on the door that said  “A Course in Miracles study group 11 AM.”

Well I need a miracle so I walked in the door and talked to the woman in the bookstore and she gave me the book as well as another book called “Disappearance of the Universe” by Gary Renard.

My life changed in that moment but I didn’t know it. I began reading and studying ACIM and found others on that path of Light

I went on to be dependent  on K for 13 years. When it was time to taper off I was a complete mess. I would wake up in the morning in a cortisol panic. One of my “Course” friends suggested I do the workbook which is a series of 365 lessons (ACIM) so I would wake up and grab the book and read the lesson for the day which helped me get through my taper.

The point is that this finding the Course and reading “ Disappearance “ was a miracle and I definitely know if there is more to life than this so called world of pain.

I wouldn't mind reincarnating again so I could make the choice not to take mind and body-destroying drugs.  I was happy and healthy as a child until drugs detroyed my CNS. 

I'm pretty sure we don't have any say in which form we are reincarnated back in this world else no one would be in misery here. That's is why I will avoid reincarnation at any cost .

My faith teaches me that we have no choice but to reincarnate until we get things right and stop making the same mistakes we made in our previous lives.

I do. I had a Near Death Experience after a medical emergency. It was the most peaceful and beautiful experience. I found myself surrounded by white light, and there were Cherubs singing, laughing, and playing. I was moving towards something, when all of the sudden I was jerked back. I open my eyes to see a paramedic saying "Welcome back". I wished I never came back. I truly believed the Cherubs were guiding me to Heaven itself. Before I was afraid to die, I had a couple close calls (ruptured appendix with acute peritonitis, surgeon did not expect me to survive, and nearly went into adrenal shock once, ER doc saved me just in time). But this time it really happened, I had died and was revived. There is an afterlife, and Jesus will someday meet me there. My faith teaches that, because He is my Lord and Savior. I am no longer afraid of death.

What a good topic!

I have had some experiences throughout my life that I can’t really explain with words. They have been such strong experiences and have at times felt more real than this life.

All of them have pushed me to confront my life long fear of death. I have read multiple NDEs, listened to interviews from people who have studied the subject and people who have worked with dying people and a lot more on the topic from multiple different angles. In addition to listening to Buddhist, Hindu, shamanic, esoteric, spiritual and mindful teachings and teachers. They all pretty much tell the same but from a slightly different angles. With the horrible things that wd brought on and made me confront, I feel like I have finally found peace with all of it. I could write multiple page essays from this because it is such an interesting topic but I’ll try to keep it short.  I am after all a human and have not died nor had an actual NDE, these are just from my point of view.

I strongly believe that we are smaller points of views from a bigger consciousness that is one. All life is a part of the same source, the same large oneness that has taken physical form to experience life. So we are the universe experiencing itself through physical eyes. We as souls, come to the earth to experience lessons and  work on our karma. The physical plane, earth, is material and therefore has pain and suffering. Only through pain and suffering do we really evolve. It’s like a school for the souls. Then when we finally re-emerge with the non physical, we get to see everything from a pure loving perspective, what we did and what we learned. We can see how we made others feel and feel everything they felt at the moment. But never from a judging place. The ultimate lesson we learn indeed is that nothing matters except how well we loved ourselves and everything around us. And by love, I mean the all encompassing unconditional love that is a state of being. This kind of love is the basis of all spiritual teachings. We humans tend to think love from our egoistic minds, so we don’t often feel this in our own lives. Animals and children come closest to it in their being.

So is there afterlife? I don’t necessarily believe that it’s life like ours, but I certainly believe and the science and evidence around it suggests that there is a another form of being that is much different and much more real than this dream we call life. When we get there we feel like we’ve gone home.

Even if there wasn’t anything, it is our egos that are afraid to die, that is why we have egos. If we didn’t have egos, nothing would keep us here.  When death comes, our egos grab hold of life to the very last breath but our souls know to surrender to the ultimate change. To anyone interested in this subject I encourage you to start to meditate on this subject and reading and studying it with the intent to better understand yourself and your life. Just remember that it might cause your mind to expand and it sometimes can feel a bit scary. Just do it by pacing yourself and know that your soul is always where it is intended to be.

Hope this brought some peace to some of you  :smitten: