Author Topic: Increasing dose after fast taper, not stabelising anymore  (Read 2978 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Increasing dose after fast taper, not stabelising anymore
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2022, 08:41:45 pm »
Jelly belly !!  :thumbsup:

Nice to read you again. You helped me so much in my dark moments. I hope your benzo taper is still going well. Your signature looks good anyway ! You made nice progress !

Sorry to hear you got long C. Its like lyme 2.0
You could check dr bruce patterson his work. He is doing amazing research and coming up with a treatment for long c.
Yeah, sucks to be back ill. Treated for a good 10years, last winter i was finally in remission but the benzo withdrawel just kicked everything back up. Chronic stress blocks our imune system and those 4 months where too long to keep the beast down. Good news is, i know i can get in remission,  i know how, it will "just" take time. Lots of it.  Thats why i already wanted to start the benzo taper, so i would be lyme and benzo free by then.

hard part mentally is falling back in this lyme hell,  going 1 step forward and two back. but its nothing compared to benzo withdrawel. I  also have my 5y boy close to me now, i couldnt handle his energy on the withdrawel. Thats a huge difference. 

But i really wanted to update on my benzo, maybe my story can help someone else, who is in the middle of it and is scared it will not heal... It will.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2022, 04:09:13 pm »
Updating my signature every month.  40% DOWN  :-)

So nice to see the progress. My dmt technique is getting better. Im using the right grid paper now where 1 line is 0,001mg. Those 2mg pills are getting super tiny. Its crazy to think how this small amount can be so devastating.

Can't wait to swith to 0,5mg pills. Mentally its a big thing. Really have been concentrating on that as my first goal. Braking down long things in small goals really help.
From there i might adapt my taper a bit. Same taper would give a 1000 day taper wich sounds overkill. Maybe my jump.dose is to high or taper to slow.  I would love to jump summer 2023, so that im not working and feel that pressure.
But thats for later.

I must say, having babesia with a benzo addiction sucks. Chronic Babesia symptoms is basically the same as withdrawel. The benzo C/T ptsd has really triggered the infection.  When i read back my old posts, knowing now what babesia gives, its clear i had both at max levels back then. Stress = low imune =  :sick: its not as bad as a benzo c/t withdrawel  but its not far of.  5month of babesia treatment and im getting some windows.

I have a job where im getting payed very well because of the high stress level, big arguements, confidence needed, etc are key to doing my job.

anxiety, doubt, paranoia is last thing i need, and its exactly what im getting for the moment from babesia (guess its a good training for when wd hits me). ive been able to pretend im fine, i lost 2 close members so i get some extra slack, but if they only knew how i felt inside  :tickedoff:
A shame you need to hide weakness in society.  Ill be glad when this will be all over.  I still dont feel like the old me. I
really miss my confidence. Doubting every decision, every mail, every word, i got to trust myself again i know what im doing, because ill get eaten alive if i show weakness. Its the business im in, and i love it in normal conditions.

My babesia should take 1 to 2 y to heal, same as my benzo taper. 2y is very long, yet time flies. For sure this experience has changed me. For the better and for worse. If i had to describe benzo c/t withdrawel in 1 word: torture. I [...] think of anything remotly as bad, but proud i survived.

My regards to anyone who is in withdrawel right now.

"The fastest path to healing, is the slowest path"

Im so happy i reinstated, even if it took 3 months of horror to work, it was best for me. Wouldnt advise it though, had no choice really. Somehow for me, this is the easy way. I know ill get wd eventually at the end or when i jump, but cutting 40% without any wd is amazing allready. Its going waaaaay better than i expected.

I know myself, i know i will never be tempted to cheat, one way road till 0 from here. so far, so good. Really hope i only will get wd after i jump, but my babesia should be better by then, so ill be replacing one with another.

Advise on jump dose is welcome. I read 0,01 in some stories. Sounds like super small. Do you still get wd after such a small jump?

« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 05:33:59 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2022, 07:46:33 pm »
Congratulations on your progress! I'm so happy you're able to work. I remember the torture you went through. My long Covid symptoms are also similar to benzo withdrawal so I'm also taking it very slow not to double up on symptoms. Healing is going good but never as fast as I'd like. I think probably another year or so to recover from Covid.

Your post sounds very much like my current situation and I can relate to so much you're writing. Keep up the good work, you're almost at 50%!

A lot of people use the Ashton equivalent for jumping which is 0.025mg.

[Buddie]

« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2022, 09:52:13 am »
Hi Anita,

Iím struggling so much and was shamed by the people at the fb group for thinking about going back up ( on chamomile tea, no less). Iím really impressed at your perseverance and we have a lot in common in terms of multiple health issues. Iím not sure my body can take a cold turkey situation now and Iím even more convinced that I need to go back up on chamomile (itís a long story, I tapered off of k 6 years ago and I think using chamomile the last year and having some illness and then having a med reaction set off a withdrawal that I canít get out of. No one believes me that things can get much worse, but I was couchbound for several weeks before I think the chamomile started working again, at least enough to make me not actively getting worse all the time. But Iím scared to do it again. I donít k ow what to do, but I donít have much time. I think I will be nonfunctional in the next couple of weeks if I donít do something and I have a kid and a job etc that depend on me.

[Buddie]

« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2022, 08:59:38 pm »
@jelly belly.

Damn covid. They arent sparing you much either.  Yes, long C can be very similar to lyme. Brain doesnt care if its a virus , a parasite, a bacteria, mold. Once it passes the blood brain barier there is not much to kill it and brain  inflamation causes all these similar issues as withdrawel. Some of mine might be protracted wd, some lyme, some babesia, but for the moment i seem to handle it, semi functional. Hope you are managing too.   The 0,025 i read that, but than i read some bad experiences from that level from other posters and ashton manual is way to fast for me, so i might go all the way to 0,001.   50% baby !!! Im coming .  8)

@anits

Same happened to me. I joined a fb group and got absolutly destroyed for even thinking of going up  i left the group even worse than when i joined, doubting everything and than i found benzo buddies. Way more supportive.  Like i said, i wouldnt advise it, but imo if you are not functional its an option you have to consider.

If you read my story i had the same pressure of being the provider financially for the treatment of my wife and son their lyme. No work = no money = no treatment and i would not be able to live knowing  they werent getting help, and i was 100% nonfunctional ready to do the worst. So i reinstated. It wss a no brainer now in retrospect but a very difficult choice at the time. I totally understand your feelings.

I [...] advise you what to do. Always trust your gut. Never take decisions when you are down. If its not the benzo talking but you, trust your instinct.

Your brain elasticity can only handle so much. Ilness is very hard on its own, adding tapering might be to much. Nothing wrong with holding/using some help till you feel better. I dont believe in tapering off something or ct if you dont believe 100% its the best choice. Its hard enough as it is  you need to be prepared before you start. You dont quit because you have too but because you want to.

For me, my minimum was being stable and functional. Bad days will happen anyway but you need some stable days to handle it longterm. If all you do is going down hill who could blame you of contemplating it.

I hope you will get better soon. Chamomile tea is a herb, i take many herbs as suplements for my brain. From magnesium to calm me ,  ashwaghanda to balance my brain , alc/gluthation to reduce inflamation  and neuro damage. I do that for my neuro lyme but it helps for many issues that affect the cns.They help and i will keep taking them as long as im ill. I dont think herb tea is comparable to benzos but im no expert or docter.

Good luck with whatever you choose, im sure you will choose whats best for you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2022, 11:50:12 pm »
Thank you for writing back. I would actually be increasing the chamomile as silly as that sounds. I feel like Iím moving into a slow withdrawal and I would rather be able to control it a little
Bit more than what is happening right now, which feels like a free for all. That being said, how did you go about going back up and how long did it take to at least feel a bit more stable?

[Buddie]

« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2022, 11:59:07 pm »
[...]

I think you're making a good decision. If I were suffering like you I'd do the same.

[Buddie]

« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2022, 06:51:53 pm »
[...]

First time it was quick. 5 days or something
Second time was horror.  A good 4 months before i could get out of bed.

But again  , that was after years of benzo, not herbs. If they help why not.

[Buddie]

« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2022, 02:50:50 pm »
Starting to have restless legs again, enough painfully to wake me up at night, started under 0,6mg.  This is why i got K in the first place.  Need to figure out a new plan.  :tickedoff:

My babesia is getting better, no withdrawel issues with k so the taper speed is fine.

Kinda bumped. I still want to hit that 0,50mg K. Just because its a different prescription and mentally i really want to hit that goal.  Im not far off, at 0,56mg now.  So probably going to continu till 0,50mg and than hold (and hope the pain gets managable or its temporary)

I can handle some but if its waking me up too often, than i might have to hold on 0,60mg,  untill my babesia is well enough under control, to batle lyme again and get the restless leg pain gone, but thats another year at least ill lose.

Other option could be to take painkillers , and continue tapering K, even though im not a big fan op painkillers longterm either.

Anyway, hit the 0,50mg K, hold, go on holliday, enjoy life !!! And i'll take it from there i guess.   :thumbsup: