Author Topic: Increasing dose after fast taper, not stabelising anymore  (Read 2918 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Increasing dose after fast taper, not stabelising anymore
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2021, 04:41:52 pm »
Good news you see improvement.

I just checked your signature. Your taper is even faster than the one that put me out. I had the same thing, under 0,5mg it all crumbles down. Its like 0,5mg k is the minimal working dose.

I hope you stabelise at 0,44mg. That would be amazing, but that taper is scary fast.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2021, 04:52:23 pm »
Thank you, I hope I stabilize as well. My fast taper was based on me not being on benzos for ďlong-termĒ and trying to stay functional and get down to a low dose so I would not hit tolerance. Very hard once the w/d catchís up to you.

I have been trying to reduce 1-2% per day. It seemed to go well at first then hit a wall, then go well. Hit a wall. So when I stabilize again, I will slow it down further.

I would say, if you donít see any improvements by day 7 consider going up slightly and see if that helps. Iíve been where you are at and it is extremely difficult. Hold on, it will pass.

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2021, 05:18:19 pm »
Yes, thats the plan for now

7days should give a mathematical full dose.
Now its still building up.

Worst case, i need to go higher but man that would break my hearth. This 1mg has to work !!! 

Well, at least the day is almost over. One more we survived.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2021, 03:48:30 pm »
Update:

Was a good informative talk with my doc.
Seeing the circumstances she was happy to know the acute panick attacks are gone after 4days of 1mg. It's proof the body is starting to stabelise. Im slowly eating again, and i did my daily walks like promised, so she gave me the tumbs up to continue at home my healing.

Seeing my lyme, i had 2 failed attempts close to eachother, that i continued to taper for 2 months eventhough i was already in acute wd, general weakness, the vaccin,  she told me to not expect the typical timeline of a short c/t and reinstatement of a healthy person.

Its a rough guess, but she says the symptoms will dissapear in particular order and based on what she sees this is a reasonable timeline.

Acute Panick - 3days to 1 week
Acute exitability - 2 to 3 weeks
Severe fatigue - defense mechanisme - 1 to 2 months.

Its obviously not what i was hoping, but it is in line with my gut feeling. I went so deep, there is no quick fix. Guess i'm done with the: one more day !!! And than the disapointment of still feeling crap. It sucks monkey balls but i does make feel more at peace.

Had a small window and managed to straighten things at my job. Shit hit the fan when i got acute, so i needed to do some damage control. I took up my hollidays till august. Thats 5 weeks extra, so lets hope ill be functional by then.

A friend got me in contact with a group that help coke and benzo adicts.  Everything is voluntary and they have 45 people working there. Psychologic, psychiatrics, md, suport groeps, where i could follow a detox program up to 3years. So no 3month taper bs. There is a waiting line, but i keep it as an option for later. Doesnt hurt to check them out. No idea if i need it (personally not a big fan of those things, and i do think an abuser needs different help then someone who just followed prescriptions of his doc), but a backup plan is never a bad idea. I need to take my benzo serious.

I probably have all the suport i need at home though and here on BB  :thumbsup: sometimes just venting and hear a friendly, i hear ya bro, is all you need.  And personally it means more coming from someone who is in the same sh#$ than a doc who writes benzos.

So ! Healing time. I probably wont be posting every day anymore, unless i feel the need and have a rough day.
I now also felt the non linear healing. Had windows for 2 days, than erverything worse and no windows for 2 days, and now better and a window.  So weird !!  Need to accept this non linearity and not stress when my body takes a step back after 2 steps forward. Its just how this works.

I work in a lyme suport group and asked about benzo, sharing my story, seems so many lymies where subscribed benzos longterm with no information. :tickedoff: Many where shocked to realise they where benzo addicts. At least i hope i saved some of them the suffering i went trough with the c/t - fast taper. Gave them the ashton manual and a link to BB in case they ever wanted to taper.  +1 karma points  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 04:02:37 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2021, 06:21:44 pm »
Your doctor seems quite informed on the subject. As you said the news is not the ideal outcome but at least you know what to expect and you can make peace with the situation. I'm just glad there's a glimmer of hope to the updosing!

Please take care, rest and pop in every now and then to let us know how you're doing. I'm really happy you have solid support systems to rely on.

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2021, 06:45:16 pm »
She is a very young md. But she told me that for benzos they young md's are much better informed than the older generation. She admited having no experience with K, and prefered diazepam but i'm sure we can work something out.

I also live in one of the best health care countrys in the world
.i checked prices for a consult in that detox place and it was less than 2$  :o  i guess its the total opposite of detox centres in the states that i read in some of the blogs here.

Im not going anywhere jelly. You know where to find me if you need a talk. I'm sure we,'ll stabelise both eventually.

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2021, 07:09:24 pm »
This is great news!!

I am returning to some sort of baseline today. I can feel it :thumbsup:

I am going to start a thread on rapid w/d as I continue forward for those to see my pace and hear how Iím doing.

Glad you have a doc on your side, that is a key piece to this jumbled mess of a puzzle. Good job

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2021, 07:21:51 pm »
This is great news!!

I am returning to some sort of baseline today. I can feel it :thumbsup:

I am going to start a thread on rapid w/d as I continue forward for those to see my pace and hear how Iím doing.

Glad you have a doc on your side, that is a key piece to this jumbled mess of a puzzle. Good job

Amazing news Duke !  Must feel good !  Glad the rapid taper is working for you. You are under 0,5 and stable. Thats a big step closer. You got this !

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2021, 11:16:22 pm »
I hope you are feeling better!!! If I had it to do over again I think I would try and reinstate and start over and go really slowly!!! Iím in another phase of my life so I donít have as much on my plate as you.  I take care of a 2 year old grandchild a few days a week and there have been a few times that I barely made it!!!!
Youíre going to do this eventually.  I believe the Ashton manual says something like sometimes it takes a few tries but anyone can eventually come off. 
The human suffering these meds have caused still astonishes meÖ RAW HUMAN SUFFERING!!! Iím still trying to sort out whatís me and what is benzo induced.  Feel crazy!!
Wouldnít wish this on anyone! 
Take care of yourself and family❤️

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2021, 04:49:58 pm »
Having a bad day.  Fatigue and sad for myself

Starting to feel lonely in bed. 14hours is horibly long when you just lay dow. It took me years to accept chronic lyme and that my life will never be what i wanted for that 1 life we have.  Now i somehow have to accept this too.

I'm very bad at doing nothing, but thats all i can do from lack of energy now. The reality that stabilisation might take a month more of this is finally kicking in. One month !!
And still there is no certainty i'll ever get fully stable, maybe just less worse. Yesterday i was reliefed, today im thinking how tf am i going to do this without a mental breakdown.

Need to do some changes. Can't spend all day in my room, ill loose it for sure. I mist find a way to be able to live with the energy and noise of my son. Maybe earplugs? Got to find something !