Author Topic: Increasing dose after fast taper, not stabelising anymore  (Read 2892 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Increasing dose after fast taper, not stabelising anymore
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2021, 11:00:59 am »
Oh that sucks.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the clonazepam effects will kick in soon. Hopefully it just needs a bit of time.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2021, 04:26:20 pm »
Just to reasure my mind...

When people say 'reinstating does not always work'..
Does this mean there is a chance that even at 1mg i wont stabelise? That you can stay stuck in this acute withdrawel no matter how much you updose?

Man these last days/hours before stabilisation are really tough. I feel the last 3 weeks of acute wd took out so much energy, even the 'easy reinstating part ' feels tough.
Tonight my 3th 1mg dose. Maybe relief is just around the corner !   One more day ! 

Anyone doing this, you have my utter respect.

And to everyone replying, thank you , thank you , thank you !

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2021, 06:44:24 pm »
Oh boy, benzos are so fickled. It's just so hard to tell.

Yes, I think they mean there is a chance that updosing will not work unfortunately. There's just no way of telling what will work for each individual person.

I'm truly sorry it's still bad and hope it's just a matter of time.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2021, 07:01:41 pm »

Does this mean there is a chance that even at 1mg i wont stabelise? That you can stay stuck in this acute withdrawel no matter how much you updose?

Man these last days/hours before stabilisation are really tough. I feel the last 3 weeks of acute wd took out so much energy, even the 'easy reinstating part ' feels tough.
Tonight my 3th 1mg dose. Maybe relief is just around the corner !   One more day ! 

Unfortunately, it all depends. As you can see in my signature, I tried to reinstate/updose back to 1mg lorazepam and I did not work… I was only able to stabilize after switching to Klonopin. I know all to well where you are at. Hold on, and if reinstating doesn’t work, have you though about switching to Valium? Wish you the best.

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2021, 07:17:48 pm »

Unfortunately, it all depends. As you can see in my signature, I tried to reinstate/updose back to 1mg lorazepam and I did not work… I was only able to stabilize after switching to Klonopin. I know all to well where you are at. Hold on, and if reinstating doesn’t work, have you though about switching to Valium? Wish you the best.

Yep. That was going to be my next suggestion especially since Miya has been on K for 10 years. How long do you think Miya should give the updosing time to kick in Duke? When I updosed I started feeling better the following day.

I'm sorry Miya. We're trying to find a solution here to get you possibly functional again. But like I said nothing is guaranteed and what worked for one person is not necessarily going to work for someone else. However I'm thinking you might as well try it because you're in such pain, at this stage you can hopefully only gain by trying.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2021, 07:27:55 pm »
Lets hope for the best !

I think im just exhausted from being stuck in that fight flight modus for so long.

Having persistant lyme i have the energy of a 80y old. I know how much energy i can spend and over the years i learned to guard it like if it was diamonds. Ive leared to say no, and i plan my weeks carefully as to always have ŕesting days and to not get greedy with wanting to do thîngs. Thats how i learned to have a decent life.

But unfortunatly you [...] plan life. S@$%t happens when you dont expect it.  I was already at the end of my energy and i had planned 3weeks off to refill it, and then benzo happened.
I wasnt prepared mentally or physically.

Im actually a bit better. Anxiety went from.a 9,5 to a 7.
No panic attacks. Im just feeling the rebound of having spend energy i didnt had. I now know for sure i could never c/t with lyme. Ill do the slowest dmt i can find. I have no hurry.

I hope i can stabelise, go on my planned holiday, check how my lyme is doing. I [...] do both, so i need to be sure my lyme is ok and i wont need heavy treatment anytime soon.

Im.also sure alot of the anxiety came from not expecting WD.
Never had anxiety, fear, headaches, etc. The first time it hits you, you overreact. I need to learn how my body reacts to wd.

Lyme already gives me tinittus  , insomnia, chronic muscle pain, sound and light.sensitivity, fatigue, brainfog. I know how to handle those. Just need to learn the other wd symptoms: anxiety and panic.

I have quit drugs, alcohol, gambling, cigaretes, sugar.
Benzo beats everything, but i know i can do this, if im prepared.

For now i nead to concentrate on getting stable, recouping my energy and plan this correctly. No more playing around.

Thanks for suporting me jelly belly. We can do this !
Do you have a blog i can follow your progres?

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2021, 07:35:40 pm »

Ive thought about it but i [...] handle xanax. I didnt react well to other AD 20y ago and valium blocks the DAO needed for my histamine issues from lyme. I have mcas. K is actually the only benzo that didnt make me feel worse. My doc gave me 0,125 xanax to get trough this week and after 1 pill i was complety drugged. Eyes roling in my head, couldnt walk. I threw it away. I know K is terrible, but for me it might be my best option.

When i c/t it took 5days to stabelise. I started feeling it at 3 days. So hopefully im just a slow stabeliser.

Tomorow is day 3 so !! [...] wait to see how tomorow goes !

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2021, 07:43:46 pm »
You're taking a very sensible approach by taking your lyme and circumstances into consideration.

I keep forgetting about your lyme and that is why it's so important you make your own decisions based on what's right for you and don't feel pressured into doing something. It completely makes sense that you'll respond very differently because of lyme.

It's very encouraging to hear some of the symptoms are improving already! Lets give it more time but we also know there is a backup plan if all goes south.

No I don't have a blog. I'm already spending way too much time on here  :laugh:

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2021, 03:16:54 pm »
Ill keep updating till stable if you dont mind.

Day 3: gonna be short.  exhaustion is getting worse every day. Couldn't get out of bed, yet. Tomorow i see my doc again. I'm too tired to even feel stress or anything. I feel this might take my body days/weeks to recover from. Can't do anything anyway, apart from some bloodwork. Need to rest, 24/7 and hope i find relief. My wife crashed in tears today from seeing me like this, but i dont have the energy to help her. Hugged her till she stopped and went back to rest.  I was positive last days, but im going worse in fatigue and thats scaring me. No one can tell if its lyme, benzo, just need to rest, wait and hope it dissapears by itself i guess. Thats a crapy thought to hold on too. Lost the 20lbs i took 6months to gain after my last lyme crash. Back to 100lbs. Sorry, im ranting negative thoughts. Need to stop that. Having a rough day.

Can anyone relate to this fatigue when reinstating?

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2021, 04:26:21 pm »
I absolutely can, I have been holding and suffering with you [...]. My fatigue is just starting to loosen up, it’s taken 3 full days to see any improvements. My GI is starting to improve and anxiety/depression.

Keep holding on. Fluids, rest, food if you can tolerate it… you’re not alone  :thumbsup: