1 year today on Father's Day

[La...]

Hello dear BBs! I'm happy to announce my 1 year milestone today. Although I celebrate this day I still have much healing to be done. This year has been filled with many ups and downs that has challenged my sanity, quality of life and endurance. I'm happy to report that I'm bruised but not broken. I'm still having waves and windows but they're much less intense. I'm currently rapid cycling for the past 3 weeks. Word on the BB street is that this is a good sign of complete healing is very near. I certainly have hope that this rings true for me and others. I have a new place to live but have yet been able to go start my new life there because of intolerance of riding in a car. This symptom had completely vanished in April but apparently it's back when I started rapid cycling. I'm glad I experienced this at the time I did because it allowed me to go see my newly born grand daughter several times and allowed me to drive a short distance once. Although disappointed I know this is temporary. Soon I'll be riding on a regular basis to go enjoy life. But today I'm only asking God to please let me withstand a 10-15 minute ride to my new place today. I tried a few days ago but I was unsuccessful. I had to turn back due to feeling faint/highly tense head symptoms. I don't know what to do except wait a bit then try again. This recovery isn't easy as it's filled with many bumps and turns. Very much a roller coaster! But you know what? The roller coaster ends with a smooth much calmer straight glide. Knowing that, I'm doing my best to stay positive, distract, accept the healing process and focus on my long list of things I'll be doing again soon. In this year I've already started checking things off. I'm enjoying painting again. Keep in mind, everyone who's suffering, your brain is not your enemy! It's your body's friend. It's trying to heal you. Give it the space and time to do so. Treat yourself like a delicate baby. With time, doesn't a baby become stronger? Pamper yourself!!! Not with a real diaper LOL The hell we're going through every day in this chapter of our life feels like forever. Push yourself a little but love on yourself a lot! Best wishes for all of our healing. When it gets to be too much please remember that if you're breathing then you can make it!

392.gif One whole year, and you are still working toward complete healing, and that is what a "Lady Warrior" does, I know that one day you will be healed and doing the things you love so much. Some have to go through more it seems, but in spite of that, one gets stronger and will be able to handle life with tools you have learned, during a hard time. I know things have been rough for you, and much has happened, but you will always be My Hero, because you do not give in or give up. Stay Strong and know that many are standing silently near you and willing you on.

💖 Much Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Lady, congratulations!!! You are a true warrior and I have no doubts that full healing is right around the corner for you. Thank you for your wonderful positivity and for being my friend in this crazy journey. I am grateful to know you. 

Sending you love and light. ❤️❤️❤️

I’m so proud of u sis x u always handle these challenges in ur life with so much positivity. U have talked me through some dark times and I will never forget ur kind words in those moments. Thanku so much for keeping things positive, a hard task for anyone going thru this.

Onto full healing for you, and ur new life that is waiting for you when ur well enough to jump in xx

And to Davy and jack, imma come over there and scuttle ye bones, it’s time to walk the plank!

Pretty soon ur not gunna be on the boat, but for now u are, and I love that u make that boat ur b!*ch. …. :laugh:

Here is ur jam for today  :laugh: better get yo flippy floppy’s

Thank you all for the love!!! You guys are the best! Shay Kit Begood y'all have been anchors for me too. I love y'all.

Shay you grabbed me when I first joined and I grabbed you! Sis we are still holding on. And yeah those dang gone pirates have had too much fun at my expense! I hope they kick rocks real soon.

Begood you know I had moments when I thought those pirates ( my boatiness is jack sparrow and pulling is Davy Jones) got the best of me until I read your inspirational thread mostly every day. Those few words gave me just enough to withstand one more day.

Kit I love your sweet nature and how you always make things seem not so bad. What a gift you have. No wonder you're kicking benzo butt! It's no match for you! Thanks for being a special friend.

Everyone else I know this is beyond hard but please keep going so you can post your 1 year like I did! I'll be waiting to congratulate you too! Love and hugs!

Congratulations! One whole year is quite a milestone. I'm at the 13-month Mark as of yesterday myself. I guess we are very close in this healing Journey. Sounds like you are doing quite well just need to get past this blip and you'll be doing even better. Good healing to you!

LiveLife

Live life congrats to you too! Thanks for stopping by with well wishes. I also wish you total healing very soon. I'm refusing to believe that all our suffering is for nothing. We have too many witnesses that healing happens. I'm looking forward to that day. I know you are too. We will get there with time. Hugs

[f8...]

LadyDen, a massive congrats to you on your one year mark!  There is something magical about that one year milestone and you did it!!

Kate    :smitten:

Absolutely sweet of you Kate dear. I appreciate you! Yes 1 year milestone feels great but I wish I was feeling well enough to dance in celebration. Lol I've been going back over my recovery journal. Wow what a year!!!!! It's magical indeed that I made it through that. Best wishes to you Kate on your continued healing journey. Big hugs