Benzo free finally

[Go...]

I took my last dose of Ativan this morning. The start of taper I was functional but end has been horrible. Started to see improvemnt in ways last couple days but also increase in other symptoms such as anxiety and sleeplessness, as well as chest pain and loss of voice. Just looking for any positive stores you may have to share to encourage me. I am so excited to be free from this but also scared how this last cut could go. Trusting God to get me "through."

Congratulations!! Isn't it wonderful to know you'll be free? I took my last dose on May 10th, so not even 2 months ago, and I feel better than I have in years. I didn't realize that as I tapered down my brain would start to heal so when I took my last dose there was really no withdrawal to speak of.

I won't bore you with my history and everything, just know that I'm rooting for you and hoping you will feel better as time goes on.

Take care,

L

Congrats!! God WILL get you through!  :smitten: Anxiety and chest pain were big sxs for me in the beginning, after jumping. They are slowly fading away. Healing is slow and non-linear, but even the waves are a sign of healing. You will heal fully!

Congratulations to you and hang in there!  God willing, it will only get better from here.  Let the real healing happen!

Congratulations on being free xx I’m only early off myself but I can say that being free from taking meds every night is a wonderful feeling after being so long on xx

Thank you all for you prayers and well wishes. It is freeing to be off but these symptoms are terrible. I am however starting to feel some improvement in my waves which is a huge blessing and I needed that. Praying for all of you as well. 

Yes that would be great!! Today is 4 days off and my typical increase in symptoms has begun. I keep being reminded though that I will not have to go through that part again though.

Keep hanging in there GodsGirl. I just wanted to stop by to see how you're doing. It might get pretty rough for awhile. That's why it's called acute but keep in mind that it's temporary. Wishing you speedy recovery. Hugs  :thumbsup:

Keep hanging in there GodsGirl. I just wanted to stop by to see how you're doing. It might get pretty rough for awhile. That's why it's called acute but keep in mind that it's temporary. Wishing you speedy recovery. Hugs  :thumbsup:

Thank you for that reminder. Today is a horrible day. I just want relief so badly right now. I keep reminding myself that it will not last forever but it is still so hard on such horrible days. I hope you are doing ok?

It definitely will get better. You're doing well even though it doesn't feel like it. It's like a roller coaster ride. Lots of twists and turns for awhile but then comes to a smoother ride then it ends. Stay strong. Stay distracted. Stay positive. Fight the negative thoughts. Replace them with rewards for getting through each hour. The thoughts are symptoms as well. I'm praying for us to feel better soon.

Today I'm not doing so well either. I've prayed and I'm going to listen to a bible study lecture. I'm going to try to stay in a peaceful mindframe by using meditation, spirituality and reading positive success stories. If you haven't checked out these three threads please do so because they helped me so much. I still go back to them from time to time.

1. Begood's words of the day inspirational

2. Parker's what's happening in the brain

3. Success story thread

If you need a good laugh I started a guess why game thread a few months back. We had a ball on there!!! Very funny! When I'm feeling better I'll start it back up. It's found in the just for fun forum.

Love and hugs

It definitely will get better. You're doing well even though it doesn't feel like it. It's like a roller coaster ride. Lots of twists and turns for awhile but then comes to a smoother ride then it ends. Stay strong. Stay distracted. Stay positive. Fight the negative thoughts. Replace them with rewards for getting through each hour. The thoughts are symptoms as well. I'm praying for us to feel better soon.

Today I'm not doing so well either. I've prayed and I'm going to listen to a bible study lecture. I'm going to try to stay in a peaceful mindframe by using meditation, spirituality and reading positive success stories. If you haven't checked out these three threads please do so because they helped me so much. I still go back to them from time to time.

1. Begood's words of the day inspirational

2. Parker's what's happening in the brain

3. Success story thread

If you need a good laugh I started a guess why game thread a few months back. We had a ball on there!!! Very funny! When I'm feeling better I'll start it back up. It's found in the just for fun forum.

Love and hugs

That was so encouraging! Thank you so much. I have been reading the success stories but I get to a point that I just get stressed reading and I have been so sick that I can hardly get out of bed the last couple days. I'm glad you are finding this to help you. I can;t handle listening to music or sermons. My husband is a pastor and I can not only go to church but even listen to his sermons. I hate that. I am trying to trust in God and his timing. He is definitely using this to test my faith and teach me and grow me closer to him.

A friend and my PT reminded me the other day that we are worthy of healing because we are God's daughter and he sent his only son to die for us. That makes us worthy. When and how he does it is up to him but we can still fell joy in a broken body. Our joy is not from us but from the Lord. I have been holding onto the chains of pain for so long because it is all I know the last almost 4 years but I have visualized letting them go and every time I tense and pick them back up I visualize letting go again. I just so desperately want to at least be functional again. I am triggered by colors, sounds, lights, ect and the physical pain and exhaustion is the worst on top of the brain pressure.

Praying you start to feel better soon.

I can say with great confidence that the one major piece advice I have been given over the past 15 months that I have been going through my withdrawal from Valium, has truly worked for me.  This advice that I finally took to heart and practiced was to DISTRACT!!  Distraction, whatever it might be....coloring, watching tv, reading, painting, gardening, etc......really helps the mind to heal.  I have found recently that if I get the bad headache or brain pressure and burning, that if I go outside and putter around, my head symptoms usually fade away.  Mind over matter does work for many.

Also moderate exercise gets the blood flowing and many BBs find this helps when the symptoms get overwhelming.  And then their are times when the body will benefit from rest and calmness.  It will take some time but you will eventually learn how to help yourself to heal.  We have to be proactive in our healing through diet, exercise, meditation.....things that allow your CNS to reach homeostasis once again.

Good luck to you!  Benzo Buddies is the best place to be and I have found great comfort in knowing that I am not alone in my BWD journey!

GG

I can say with great confidence that the one major piece advice I have been given over the past 15 months that I have been going through my withdrawal from Valium, has truly worked for me.  This advice that I finally took to heart and practiced was to DISTRACT!!  Distraction, whatever it might be....coloring, watching tv, reading, painting, gardening, etc......really helps the mind to heal.  I have found recently that if I get the bad headache or brain pressure and burning, that if I go outside and putter around, my head symptoms usually fade away.  Mind over matter does work for many.

Also moderate exercise gets the blood flowing and many BBs find this helps when the symptoms get overwhelming.  And then their are times when the body will benefit from rest and calmness.  It will take some time but you will eventually learn how to help yourself to heal.  We have to be proactive in our healing through diet, exercise, meditation.....things that allow your CNS to reach homeostasis once again.

Good luck to you!  Benzo Buddies is the best place to be and I have found great comfort in knowing that I am not alone in my BWD journey!

GG

Gardenguru thatnk you for that encouragement. My symptoms are definitley more physical and preventing me from doing the things that I would lnormally do to distract such as music, tv, walking and cooking and cleaning. The last few days they are actually so bad that I have pretty much been in bed most of the day. I am listening to my body and doing what it is telling me to do as in the past I pushed myself to do to much which hurt me. It is hard to just rest but I konw I need to right now to heal. I am already eating a clean diet and thankfully do not take any other medications and work with a natural practioner. I keep reminding myself that this is temporary and that it is my body's way of healing. I am thankful to have a supportive husband and a Pt that helps me through therapy. But the Lord is the one carrying me through this whole process especially since being benzo free.