Author Topic: Benzo free finally  (Read 675 times)

[Buddie]

Benzo free finally
« on: June 19, 2021, 08:29:16 pm »
I took my last dose of Ativan this morning. The start of taper I was functional but end has been horrible. Started to see improvemnt in ways last couple days but also increase in other symptoms such as anxiety and sleeplessness, as well as chest pain and loss of voice. Just looking for any positive stores you may have to share to encourage me. I am so excited to be free from this but also scared how this last cut could go. Trusting God to get me "through."
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 01:23:34 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Congratulations!! Isn't it wonderful to know you'll be free? I took my last dose on May 10th, so not even 2 months ago, and I feel better than I have in years. I didn't realize that as I tapered down my brain would start to heal so when I took my last dose there was really no withdrawal to speak of.
I won't bore you with my history and everything, just know that I'm rooting for you and hoping you will feel better as time goes on.
Take care,
L
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

[...] thank you so much. Very encouraging!!!

[Buddie]

Re: Benzo free finally
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 05:50:11 am »
Congrats!! God WILL get you through!  :smitten: Anxiety and chest pain were big sxs for me in the beginning, after jumping. They are slowly fading away. Healing is slow and non-linear, but even the waves are a sign of healing. You will heal fully!

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2021, 02:38:41 am »
Congratulations to you and hang in there!  God willing, it will only get better from here.  Let the real healing happen!

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2021, 02:52:51 am »
Congratulations on being free xx Iím only early off myself but I can say that being free from taking meds every night is a wonderful feeling after being so long on xx

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2021, 09:02:47 pm »
Thank you all for you prayers and well wishes. It is freeing to be off but these symptoms are terrible. I am however starting to feel some improvement in my waves which is a huge blessing and I needed that. Praying for all of you as well. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2021, 09:10:12 pm »
Yes itís a nice feeling to be off but if only that meant the end of all this. X right there with u

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2021, 11:46:57 pm »
Yes that would be great!! Today is 4 days off and my typical increase in symptoms has begun. I keep being reminded though that I will not have to go through that part again though.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2021, 05:06:44 pm »
Keep hanging in there GodsGirl. I just wanted to stop by to see how you're doing. It might get pretty rough for awhile. That's why it's called acute but keep in mind that it's temporary. Wishing you speedy recovery. Hugs  :thumbsup: