Please help!! Need support

[Fl...]

I have had a come to Jesus moment recently and realized that I have a form of bipolar disorder. It is not the type of bipolar that causes manic episodes or psychosis, but it’s more on the mild spectrum of bipolar 2 I think. My entire life up to this point I have managed it without the use of medication (though I didn’t know I had it until now). The reason I got hooked on benzos is because this year my symptoms for whatever reason changed and got more advanced. So I’m in a really tough place and I want to see if anyone out there is like me and what helped them. Instead of being able to sleep all day like I once was able to do, I have horrendous insomnia and anxiety. Those are probably my most intense symptoms with loss of appetite and weight loss coming in next. All the doctors want to prescribe me benzos (klonopin is their choice) alongside seroquel. I did try seroquel at a higher dose once and it caused me to feel like I had akethsia so I stopped using it. They say starting on a lower dose 12.5 mg would somehow be fine. I doubt it. But I don’t know. I cannot use the klonopin obviously. Using a benzo to treat anything is obviously not the answer!!! But I’m not sure I can go medication free at this point either. Anyone out there can you offer any experience with this or advice? I know someone else out there must be going through this too. Please find this post and respond. I need support. I feel in am impossible situation and I don’t know what my options are but I know it’s not being hooked on a benzo. Is there a buddy out there that can help me or message me please?

I have known some bipolar people but while I can't offer you specific advice I'm suggesting that you add 'Bipolar' to your Subject line, so other bipolar benzobuddies will see it, and so your post can be put into all forums that cover it.

peace,

ana