Is everyone gluten, dairy, and sugar sensitive?

[sq...]

I hear people eating everything and people eating very restrictive. This is giving me severe food anxieties as I'm not sure what to do. So far I'm limiting everything, but have already become very sick and bored with what I'm eating and still loosing weight. How many people do not limit their diet and find nothing bothers them and what month after withdrawal are you in? I think most people tapering can still eat what they want till they're off. Just curious to know.

I ate what I wanted during and after taper. There were times when some foods did not taste right or good, and I avoided them due to that. There were times when I wasn't hungry so didn't eat much, but foods really did not seem to impact in any negative way. I am thankful for that.

My situation may be unique out there, as I had to have my bile duct remodeled due to a congenital narrowing and inefficiency, as well as a later gall bladder removal, as well as the removal of an adrenal gland due to a tumor, all during my tapering process, BUT I lost about 45 pounds during all of that and am still trying to gain.  I am about 5'2" and fluctuate between 99 and 102 pounds, even around 9 months after jumping off my last dose of Ativan.  I have found that foods do make a difference in my symptoms, and I have been slowly adding foods back into my diet.  My criteria has been refined over the last year to EXCLUDE those foods highest in free-glutamates (MSG-type of ingredients), those foods that are too processed (impossible to avoid them all), those foods high in spices, and those foods high in fats.  My wave days seem to eat up a lot of my calories, so my gains occur during my window days.  I depend on whole foods like squash, cruciferous veggies, asparagus, potatoes, all fruits, lactose-free whole milk, plain unsweetened whole milk yogurt, nuts other than peanuts, natural nut butters, etc.  I eat several times every day, and make sure I get plenty of water.  The processed foods I choose are whole wheat breads that are heavy in seeds and other grains, whole wheat pasta or quinoa pasta, etc.  I do poach a lot of my food, or microwave it or lightly fry it.  My meats consist of turkey, chicken, and fish, with some pork.  And I eat almost no sweets.  All of this seems to have been helpful to me.  Can't speak to how it would work for anyone else, but this is what rely on.  My thinking is that I will do my best to support my body's efforts to heal, and try to avoid anything that would interfere with that.  At least it makes me feel that I have some kind of control within this nightmare situation.  I certainly can understand your food anxiety!  Not only are we stressed, physically, but our mental acuity isn't what it should be -- keeping perspective and seeing clearly can be a real challenge.  Hang in there!  Be kind to yourself.  My weight is on the way up (I was 95 pounds for awhile) -- it rises as my windows increase.  Yours will, too.

I'm eating tons of dairy, gluten and sugar, it doesn't seem to bother me.

Something bothered me these past days and increased my symptoms a huge lot, but I don't know if it was a tea that had st.john wort and B vitamins, a collagen powder with zinc and magnesium, or some hummus and guacamole I had (very spicy), or maybe something else unrelated to food.

For the 1st couple of months everything I ate revved me up, was scared to eat. That was 1 of the 1st symptoms to go luckily, and since then have eaten what I like with no issues, although I don't eat much because of no apitite

[24...]
I eat everything. I keep a daily journal. For me, there is no correlation between what I eat and symptoms. Days that I eat little gluten and dairy versus days I eat a lot do not result in waves for me.

I stick to a high protein & fibre diet. Carbs and Caffeine are well off the menu. Anything that speeds up neural activity (stimulatory or inflammatory) are best avoided.

• 3 weeks later...
[24...]
Clarifying post - I am not providing medical advice. If you felt that I did, I apologize. Please check with you doctor on any medicine. I am not advising to do anything without the advice of your doctor.

• 1 month later...

I just passed my one year zero benzo anniversary, and the only issues I’ve had with respect to waves have been with caffeine and excessive sugar. They both caused severe insomnia, so I had to cut the sugar down, and the caffeine out.

This week, I started doing gluten-free, and it is life-changing. I hadn’t realized that gluten was making my belly swell so bad, making me retain water, making me constipated, etc., but three days off gluten and I’ve lost a ton of belly mass and have energy again.