Covid Vaccine 1st time

[Sc...]

I haven't got my vaccine yet and want to do this, has anybody had any neurological reactions to the vaccine or was it smooth?.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone had any bad reactions to the vaccine or neurological symptoms?. I want to do this but am worried it will stimulate my CNS, would like some opinions and feedback from those who took the vaccine.

I got it a couple months ago. I was anxious about getting it, too, but only had a bit of fatigue and a sore arm after the first shot and just a sore arm after the second. I had the Pfizer vaccine.

From what I've seen, most protracted folks seem to react the same as the general public and most folks don't have too many issues, regardless.

Ok sounds good, i don't know if i am getting Pfizer or Moderna i prefer Pfizer, Moderna has some non medicinal ingredient called tromethamine hydrochloride that i read can cause anxiety?. Its good to hear nobody got a nervous system reaction.

[1e...]

Scooby

I had my first shot of Moderna on May 12 while still tapering, although I was pretty stable with my POTS then.

I had a sore arm for 2 days and an uptick in a headache. I just rested, then got back to tapering 2 days later.

I have my second Moderna shot coming on June 7, I'm quite unstable and not looking forward to it, but I live in a Delta hotspot here in Canada, so it is necessary.

As you know, I have a ton of food and drug allergies and it didn't seem to affect me at all, oddly, it seemed to make some of my POTS symptoms better.

I know that the second shot may be worse, but all my drs tell me that Moderna has the least amount of side effects.

Tough decision, good luck.

Winnie

Thanks for your input everyone. I guess it should be OK. I have to get this i dont want to risk to get covid.

Thanks for your input everyone, yes both shots to be fully vaccinated. I guess i got no choice and got to get the vaccine, i dont want to get covid and be in ICU.

I had my first dose (Pfizer) on Saturday and I’m in a bad way right now. Feels like acute WD starting again. I can’t say that it was the vaccine or my high anxiety. I was anxious for days before I got it and even more so afterward. I’m hoping this is just a panic / anxiety wave and it will pass. Already dreading the thought of a second dose!

I will probably be the same lol. I think it's the anticipation of getting the vaccine not knowing how it will affect us.