RShack's Summer Celebration

[RS...]

On 6/8 I hit 16 months off of Ativan and Ambien.  I have been having a long window and the anniversary passed by without me even noticing it.  When I remembered that it had passed, I reflected on how far I have come in the past year.  I have posted elsewhere on this site about my symptoms so I will not repeat it here.  I want to instead focus on what I am doing to keep pushing forward.

I have decided that this summer is going to be a celebration.  I am going to focus on living and enjoying the things that I neglected while using benzos.  Im trying to make it like the summers I enjoyed as a kid.  Of course, I cannot replicate it exactly, but I can make an effort to play more, to do things that I want to do.  I've been taking a lot of vacation time and spending a lot of it poolside, reading books, going for hikes.  I even planted some basil plants, peppers, and some tomatoes.  I've been trying new recipes. 

Part of my celebration is to stay away from technology.  I've largely given up on TV and news, but now i am also staying away from the ipad.  I still watch some YouTube videos, but I limit myself there too.

To all of my buddies here, I wish you a wonderful summer.  I won't be around here much after this week but will provide an update in the fall.  Happy Windows to you all!

Congratulations on being able to enjoy your summer.  Update as you can!  So glad you tapered your way and can see healing.

U

I can hear the joy and the excitement in your words, and I am inspired by them!  Your summer sounds wonderful....adventuresome, fun, and somewhat nostalgic!

Happy Healthy Life, RShack :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone!  I took last week off and headed up to the lake.  Swimming, hiking, cookouts, and just kicking back with a good book listening to the waves….the good kind!

Speaking of waves, I had my first chemically induced wave.  I was using windex to clean up a mess I made and bam, I couldn’t get that ammonia smell out of my nose.  Next thing you know, my skin was burning like it did in the old days.  I took a bath and that helped a bit, but then I had trouble sleeping and the nightmares hit.  Funny thing is that I can now bring myself out of my nightmares.  I realize something isn’t right and then I wake up. 

I was always skeptical when reading about certain chemicals bringing on a wave but now I understand.  You learn something new about benzo recovery all the time. 

Ah well, back to work and then back to the pool later today.  I hope everyone enjoys their summer!

RShack, your summer plan and recent execution sound absolutely lovely and restorative.  I’m so sorry you experienced that chemical wave but you sound healthy and pragmatic about it.  Such wonderful news and resiliency.  Now, go enjoy that summer narrative! 

Hey RShack, great news! I too hit the 28 month mark and feel damn good. Hard to believe we made it.....I look back on this journey and realize many things. Like it was tough but we did it...I now feel blessed and enjoy every day. I now have a future with hope.

Again....great news.

Ron

RShack I hope you're enjoying your summer. You deserve it! Please don't overdo it. I'd hate to read that you had a setback. Hugs

JStone:  yes, I consider it quite an accomplishment!  Now on to some new goals.

Lady Den:  I did overdo it a bit, had a small wave, but I backed off.  Tomorrow is a another day.