Benzo free

[Tr...]

Hi Winniedog,

Thanks for your post!

You'll get there too! Don't doubt that! Look at me: I never thought I'd make it and yet I did! So will you!

I weighed the tablet on $ 30 scales. ( 0,001 mg). Just reducing the weight  by 0,001 mg every evening. It was at a snail's pace, but as they say, the snail and the hare have Christmas at the same day...Easy does it.

Best of luck to you!

Trochsetter

Thank you LadyDen,

Today the 3rd week being off of Benzo started. I felt great yesterday and today too, so far. I have  to say I haven't felt this good in a very long time! Didn't know this was still possible.  Walking went without any pain. Normal for most but not for me.  So perhaps the Polyneuropathy was caused by Diazepam after all. Dr. Ashton writes about this in her manuel.

Hope you're doing OK.  X

Trochsetter

Hello Benzo  Free....I'm eighty five and tomorrow will be a month since I last took Lorazapam.  Using Melatonin for sleep and it leaves me with a hangover until afternoon the next day. When I can't sleep I tend to panic. I'm trying to get help with cognitive behavior therapy. Called for an appointment but no return reply. It all started over forty five years ago when I began to take Dalmane for sleep. Was on it for over forty five years when they suddenly stoped making it. I was prescribed Ativan and have been weaning off it for a year and a half. I have to keep on thinking "Things" will get better and I refuse to go backward. Any suggestions out there for sleep besides Melatonin.  Congratulations on your success. I know it wasn't easy....Way to Go!!!1

Hello litefoot,

Wow! Huge respect! Having made it off after so many years of being on this poison! It's you that deserves the Congratulations!

So sorry to see you're still having issues with sleep or the lack of it.

You're right: things will get better. And going back to benzos is the worst thing to do in my opinion.

There's a group here on BB called Insomnia, especially for these kind of issues. You might want to visit that.

I wish you good days and better nights!

Stay strong!

Thank you LadyDen,

Today the 3rd week being off of Benzo started. I felt great yesterday and today too, so far. I have  to say I haven't felt this good in a very long time! Didn't know this was still possible.  Walking went without any pain. Normal for most but not for me.  So perhaps the Polyneuropathy was caused by Diazepam after all. Dr. Ashton writes about this in her manuel.

Hope you're doing OK.  X

Trochsetter

Yes I discovered when I got off the Ambien ( zolpidem) that most of the numerous ailments I felt started leaving as I tapered. I was totally shocked and a bit annoyed when all those tests came back to my mind that said " normal or negative". Such a waste of time and money except it did rule out anything serious. I'd like to kindly advise you to keep in mind that this great feeling will probably be short lived. I made the mistake of thinking I was home free after my taper but my delayed acute put me in my place. LOL I'm NOT wishing this on you. I hope you remain feeling great. I just wanted to say that to help you prepare for being as disappointed as I was. Please take it very easy. Make a coping plan for your waves right NOW. Coping plan= what you will use to handle your waves when or if they come. Things that helped me: weighted blanket, cuddling a teddy bear, meditation music with soft piano and rain sounds from YouTube soothing relaxation channel, playing games online ( card games.io is awesome), prayer, focusing on my breathing/mindfulness, rubbing my palms or scalp in slow small circles while focusing on it, morning sunlight, short walks when I could or being outside observing my surroundings and a buddy to call ( either on here or one you have already). One last thing, you might want to keep a journal of your progress that should include what you're eating, intensity levels of your waves on a scale of 1-10, your thoughts/feelings and plans as you heal. There's a blog section on here to keep records. I found it very useful to go look back at my journal when I thought I wasn't progressing or to see if I was sensitive to something.

All the best to you. Great job!

Hello LadyDen,

Thank you so much for all your suggestions! I really appreciate it very much! ❣

Today is a "not that good" -day: pain in my feet and upper leg muscles. I overdid it yesterday!  Stupid, right?

So today I've taken a day off. No walking, no gardening, a bit of reading, listening to music, watching tv.

I'm fully aware it's early days, so dips and/or waves are certainly going to happen. Thank you for helping me prepare for setbacks.

I hope you're doing fine! 👋👍

Enjoy your day!

Trochsetter

• 1 month later...

Two and a half months since I kicked Diazepam!

Feeling great! Many symptoms have gone. Some are still here, but might also be due to Fibromyalgia.

Mental departement fantastic.

Haven't had a single bad day in ages.

Muscle strenght increasing. Sleep really good.

So happy I made it off.

Atm tapering off Paroxetine. No issues.

Trochsetter

Hi Trochsetter.  Now, this is really great news!  I hope your healing continues in an upward trajectory and your next window will be the final one for you to walk through!!!!

GG

Can’t believe I didn’t see this sooner!  Congrats trochsetter!  :clap:

So happy you’re done tapering and hope you continue to feel better! Yay!!

Hi 2cats,

Thank you!

I hope you're doing OK too! Just keep on going and you'll be off this stuff soon. Hold on and stay strong!

Trochsetter