Author Topic: Benzo free  (Read 1181 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Benzo free
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2021, 02:37:55 am »
So happy for you.  Congratulations and well done - you made it!  May the future be very bright and may God bless you abundantly!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2021, 12:39:11 pm »

Thank you!

The second week since finishing the taper is here.  I noticed several (small) symptoms which must have to with that. More muscle tightness,  floaters in my eyes are being less of an issue,  or maybe I 'm getting used to them...A little more tired at times. But overall not too bad. Sleep is OK.

I wish you all a pleasant day and a successful taper and recovery! It's a wonderful feeling, knowing we can always come to BB for support and understanding!

Stay strong !

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2021, 04:49:47 pm »
Congratulations! Freedom is yours!!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2021, 05:42:41 pm »

Thank you!

I feel especially free in the evening,  not having to prepare my dose for the night any longer.  After 2,5 years of breaking, weighing and filing is was so fed up with that.
It feels a bit unreal at times knowing I 'm on the other side of my taper.

This is the 2nd week off, not going too bad so far.

Stay strong!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2021, 02:16:26 am »
congrats Torchester!!

well deserved!!

I hope to be where you are in a year or less (I can sure hope).

What was your microtaper rate?
I was thinking of buying a good scale (to 0.0001 mg) and doing it that way.

Enjoy the freedom!

Cheers,
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2021, 10:51:12 am »

Hi [...],

Thanks for your post!

You'll get there too! Don't doubt that! Look at me: I never thought I'd make it and yet I did! So will you!

I weighed the tablet on $ 30 scales. ( 0,001 mg). Just reducing the weight  by 0,001 mg every evening. It was at a snail's pace, but as they say, the snail and the hare have Christmas at the same day...Easy does it.

Best of luck to you!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2021, 06:53:10 pm »
Congrats [...]! Sorry this is late but I just saw it. May you have a smooth healing journey Hugs

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2021, 02:22:40 pm »
Thank you [...],

Today the 3rd week being off of Benzo started. I felt great yesterday and today too, so far. I have  to say I haven't felt this good in a very long time! Didn't know this was still possible.  Walking went without any pain. Normal for most but not for me.  So perhaps the Polyneuropathy was caused by Diazepam after all. Dr. Ashton writes about this in her manuel.

Hope you're doing OK.  X

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2021, 04:13:40 pm »
[...], I am so happy you continue to feel good! I hope itís nothing but smooth sailing! ❤️

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2021, 06:06:33 pm »

Thank you!

Wishing you all the best!

Take care.

[...]