Sleep Apnea, Mildly low Blood Oxygen Saturation

[Ma...]

Hi there,

Any folks here wake up more tired than when you went to sleep, fatigue no matter how much sleep you get? Sleep Apnea or below normal blood oxygen saturations? Mine average 93-94%, normal is 95-100%. Having a sleep test tomorrow night as I’m always fatigued...

Cheers,

[cc...]

Hi there,

Any folks here wake up more tired than when you went to sleep, fatigue no matter how much sleep you get? Sleep Apnea or below normal blood oxygen saturations? Mine average 93-94%, normal is 95-100%. Having a sleep test tomorrow night as I’m always fatigued...

Cheers,

I have a FitBit watch. For me, it depends on how much deep sleep I got. If I get only 1hr, even if 7-8hr total sleep, I still wake up tired. If I get 1.5hr I feel decent. I've gotten 2hr deep sleep and I wake up phenomenal. I wish every night was like that.

• 2 months later...

Thanks, that makes sense.

Well I ended up in the ER a month ago, was having thousands of PVC’s per day, plus constant fatigue, (exercise made it worse) memory and cognition problems, plus low blood oxygen at night and during the day. Turns out I had isolated critically low levels of phosphate. (0.41mmol/L - ref range 0.81 to 1.5.) After slow IV injection, the PVC’s stopped. After a week of supplementation all my symptoms started to improve, now a month later they’re all gone… (cause was excess FGF-23 hormone)

Well I ended up in the ER a month ago, was having thousands of PVC’s per day, plus constant fatigue, (exercise made it worse) memory and cognition problems, plus low blood oxygen at night and during the day. Turns out I had isolated critically low levels of phosphate. (0.41mmol/L - ref range 0.81 to 1.5.) After slow IV injection, the PVC’s stopped. After a week of supplementation all my symptoms started to improve, now a month later they’re all gone… (cause was excess FGF-23 hormone)

Wow! I am so happy they were able to isolate the problem and you are no longer suffering. They must be excellent in order to figure out the problem. Did they just order a phosphate test or what? Is there a specific test called FGF-23 hormone levels? I am asking because the Doctors in my town are at a lost when it comes to anything other than blood pressure etc.

Thanks

PG

[cc...]

Wow! I am so happy they were able to isolate the problem and you are no longer suffering. They must be excellent in order to figure out the problem. Did they just order a phosphate test or what? Is there a specific test called FGF-23 hormone levels? I am asking because the Doctors in my town are at a lost when it comes to anything other than blood pressure etc.

Thanks

PG

I, too, am mildly shocked that he found competent docs. Too bad they are the minority.

I have sleep apnea, used to have around 89 o2 saturation normal days... always tired, terrible nightmares... what do you wanna know?

I now use a auto cpap, got my prescription after insisting to my doctor I had it (amazing how many doctors are clueless just about everything?!) and it changed my life. I wake up great now, I no longer have the anxiety (except for the fact I'm now recovering from benzos so I have the anxieties from that LOL but besides when that wasn't happening i was 100% fine)...