Please Help. Need encouragement 😥😥

[Ni...]

Guys I will be 7 weeks off benzos Tuesday. How long has peoples DP/DR last. Im also still having severe anxiety and other things. My stomach is doing some better. Its just a horrible feeling, like I might fade away. Does anyone else have this?

Hang in there! It will get better I promise!!!! I am 27 months benzo free and I can say with certainty you will get better. When? I cant tell you that but DO NOT ever take another crumb of a benzo. Tough it out! I still take 100mg of Trazodone to slow down he the circular thoughts.....Had many symptoms the 16 months it took me to start feeling better...I had some good days but it was tough. Take care of yourself, get outside and go for a walk...anything to get exercise and get your mind off the benzo world....

YOU WILL GET BETTER....it will take some time...

God Bless...

J Stone

Thank you sooo much. It is so scary and exhausting. It's hard to tell whats what anymore. Continued prayers for your healing.

Nike0911,

I know this is scary—and yes, both physically and mentally exhausting—but hang in there.  Things do improve!  Lean in to this recovery, accepting that there will be hills and valleys.  I still have little moments of DR (like lasting maybe minutes) but they don’t scare me anymore.  It’s not every day and I’ve had long stretches of weeks with no DR too.  Yours will improve too, one day going away. Don’t get me wrong, I get down sometimes about my overall progress or when symptoms are particularly strong or relentless—and I allow this space because this IS the most difficult thing I’ve ever endured—but I also know that I can’t change any of the past and that healing is forward looking and happening even right now. 

Healing thoughts to you!

Nike0911:

What you are going though is completely normal.  You can look at my history to see the things I felt.  Those early weeks are very difficult, but keep pushing forward, the results are worth it.

All the best to you!

• 2 weeks later...
I am 4 days off and right there with you. Rally increasing today which is normal for me. I am just praying that this subsides soon. Prayers for you.

Thanks everyone one. This has been so hard, I just my mind and though process back. God's girl, some things have improved. Hang in there. We can do this.

Nike0911 thank you. Yes we can although in this moment it feels so bad. I have to say though that overall I am seeing sings of improvement and thankful o God for that. How are you today? Oh and I know what you mean I want my mind back as well as to not be in so much physical pain and exhausted.

Nike, I know your struggle. First I want to say you deserve a pat on the back for being benzo free. Wonderful job! That takes strength and courage. Now that you're off, the benzo lies will creep up on you saying you're weak, you won't heal, you can't do this, etc Not true!!!! Have you read the thread " lies benzo tells"? If you haven't please read it. It was a huge help to me as well as " what's happening in your brain"

You're very early in your withdrawal. Get a plan for the tough times. Let it include things like entertaining things, soothing things ( music, weighted blanket, special object, etc), meditation of a place you create in your mind like a beach scene, someone you can call, games or puzzles online, start a new hobby or research something you want to do when you heal that you've always wanted to do.

Just wanted to share things that helped me get through one day at a time. I'm wishing you smooth healing. Hugs

• 2 months later...
After 15 I'm just jumping of off .5 clonazepam(on and off) and alcohol(almost every day.) I can't thank everyone on here deserves a pulitzer prize in medicine, this site is a great tool to help you get past this.