This dam music

[Ha...]

It's almost 8 months since my stupid AD experiment, which I think was basically an overdose due to being so sensitive, and I've had constant music in my head from the moment I wake up. Some days I can roll with it, but others it's really loud!! and not even a whole song, just 3 or 4 words from the chorus over and over. It drives me insane!! Anyone have this and found anything helpful? I tend to put the radio on, but I just want it to stop!!!

I had the same 6 notes day after day, I never found anything to combat it but I was sure glad when it left.  I hope the app helps you.

Mare,

I get songs stuck in my head and they play when I am trying to sleep which I have insomnia so I lay there awake while theme songs from commercials play in my head. Let us know how the app works. I have noticed when my air conditioner is going, the white noise helps.

HM

[32...]
This happens to me in the morning - every morning. I use imagery, which has been surprisingly helpful. I imagine spraying it with golden paint and then it dissolving. It sounds weird, but I've done this with intrusive thoughts and loops since the beginning with surprising results.

Its such a weird symptoms and I find most of us tend to get that one...the "ear worm" in our head.

This is why I  picked uplifting music with positivity so at least i had something positive on repeat. It happens really rare now.

But its annoying as heck.

This happens to me in the morning - every morning. I use imagery, which has been surprisingly helpful. I imagine spraying it with golden paint and then it dissolving. It sounds weird, but I've done this with intrusive thoughts and loops since the beginning with surprising results.

Never heard of this before. Intrusive thoughts are definitely 1 of my worst symptoms. I normally just try to let them wash over me, but might try this

I had this for sure. I came on here for help and reassurance.

It was songs repeating and swinging through my head over and over, and horribly small sentences people had said.

It could be something as silly as, 'put the plate in the dishwasher and pop it on' - and it would repeat hour after hour in my head.

I ended up talking to myself in OCD fashion, talking myself through jobs like a loon, to drown it out  :idiot:

I felt like a crazy lady!

It's subsided now, 1 month post taper.

AJ x

Matt Samar called it ‘hell music’ in his book about withdrawal.

You could try chewing. Neurologist Oliver Sacjs mentions chewing can get rid of ‘eat worms’ in his book Musicophilia.

I tried chewing, didn't work unfortunately. But since posting it's pretty much gone!! It'll probably come back, but it was bloody loud that day so maybe just maybe it was some good healing?

Either way it's a welcome break from the insanity

I had this for a while! Funny thing that helped me was to actually play the song! For some reason after I would play it and sing it and dance real hard to it....it would go away. Kind of like accepting it instead of fighting it or something? Lol

Also, I used to do the spray paint thing and cross out my intrusive images with a big X, only mine was red spray paint!

Funny that our brains tried to do the same thing??!!

I had this for a while! Funny thing that helped me was to actually play the song! For some reason after I would play it and sing it and dance real hard to it....it would go away. Kind of like accepting it instead of fighting it or something? Lol

Also, I used to do the spray paint thing and cross out my intrusive images with a big X, only mine was red spray paint!

Funny that our brains tried to do the same thing??!!

After reading of this on here the other day I tried using this imagery for something my brain got stuck on - wow it worked. So weird!

I suffer from the exact thing!!! I always have music playing in my head.  It is beyond what I would consider normal.  My husband sometimes gets a song stuck in his head or a commercial, but mine is a lot of the time.  I find the busier I keep my brain the less I notice it. So quiet times like sleeping are bad, I even hear them in my sleep.  But ya, it does kinda drive you crazy! If I really focused on it it could drive me nuts!  I even have playlists where I hear the end of a song and know which one is coming on next in my head!!! I empathize with you as this can be exhausting and infuriating!!! I am hoping it will lesson and stop altogether some day soon! Hang in there!❤

quote author=Having a mare link=topic=257078.msg3255066#msg3255066 date=1623508894]

It's almost 8 months since my stupid AD experiment, which I think was basically an overdose due to being so sensitive, and I've had constant music in my head from the moment I wake up. Some days I can roll with it, but others it's really loud!! and not even a whole song, just 3 or 4 words from the chorus over and over. It drives me insane!! Anyone have this and found anything helpful? I tend to put the radio on, but I just want it to stop!!!

Mare,

I am glad your having a window away from your music :) I hope it stays gone for you. I get it once in a while too, but not horribly.

Happy Wednesday :)

HM

I've had this too and I did what Trina did. Since it's going to happen I exposed my brain to songs I don't mind intruding me. Worked like a charm.  :thumbsup:

I also did puzzles. They require much thinking to solve. Hardly no room for looping songs.  :thumbsup:

Also I jammed to mine. You know the phrase " if you can't beat them, join them. "

It's taken me months, but just realising my intermittent fasting is making it worse. I'm not sure how exactly but I'm thinking it's something to do with blood sugar?

Anyway it's much more manageable after eating, I hardly notice eat!! Looks like the fasting is out of the window because it has really been driving me insane.

Not sure if it's the same for anyone else, but thought I'd share incase it helps

It's taken me months, but just realising my intermittent fasting is making it worse. I'm not sure how exactly but I'm thinking it's something to do with blood sugar?

Anyway it's much more manageable after eating, I hardly notice eat!! Looks like the fasting is out of the window because it has really been driving me insane.

Not sure if it's the same for anyone else, but thought I'd share incase it helps

Having a mare.Why do you do the intermittent fasting.?

Is it to help on the withdrawal.?

Having a mare.Why do you do the intermittent fasting.?

Is it to help on the withdrawal.?

Yeah, read a few things on it. Supposed to help and I don't have much of an appetite so I thought I'd give it a go. I need to force myself to eat once a day some days anyway. But I'll be forcing food down me from now on