Pain everywhere

[de...]

I try not to complain, but this is bs.  Can this happen at 27 months out? 

My withdrawal been mainly mental.  Terrible stuff, but now I'm hit with pain everywhere. 

Hips;Back;neck; shoulders;tendons at to top of leg, groin area;underarms;brief 'pings' in arm and finger;I'm still partially derealised.  This is bs.  Is it even possible at 27 months out? 

I'm having difficulty mounting stairs.  Can only walk short distances. I feel disabled. 

What's happening to me?  Can't cope anymore.  I'm so tired.  Worn out. 

Help. 

Deadwood I guess inflammation is at its all time high.

Can you tolerate some herbal remedies like ginger mixed with turmeric.It can help fight the inflammation...

Sorry about your suffering though.

I think I can Bexlan. Don't have any in the house at the moment but will buy tomorrow. 

Is it possible (do you think) that this can happen this far out?  Twenty seven months.

Thank you for replying to me.  I'm so sickenly tired of it.  It has really ground me down.

I think if you've had severe mental stress it impacts on you physically as well, I've certainly found that. Maybe the muscles are permanently contracted I don't know. Have you got a bath, I only shower normally , but would think if you have a long soak in a bath maybe with some sort relaxant bath salts would help relax the muscles. What sort mental symptoms have you had? Sure the mental stress is contributing towards it.. I developed IBS as result of emotional stress from my mother over the years.

Thanks Leann.  I can't think of anything outside of stress that could have produced the way I am feeling.  Currently in bed. 

I had, and still do to an extent, terrible mental symptoms.

Fear

Terror

Disturbing thoughts

DP/DR

Intrusive thoughts

OCD

Anxiety

Depression

Anger

Brief moments of mania - now gone

Developed a verbal tic which I've learned can present with OCD

PTSD which I've a previous diagnosis, but was sent off the charts during post withdrawal. 

ALSO:

I used an anti depressant for less than a week during early post and had a negative reaction to it that was very disturbing. I can understand now the stories we read of (some) people not doing well when taking anti depressants. 

I don't want to scare people, but it's how it has been and has been really rough.  I'm better than what I was but still suffering.  And now this physical bs. 

Never had anything coming even close to this pre benzos. 

Benzodiazapines are truly evil. 

Edited for content.

~Colin

Sorry to hear that. I seem be going through awful wave at moment. Yes my experience of anti depressants wasn't good, lot of the things you mentioned.  Stupidly stayed on them as kept getting told they take a while to kick in.

Have you had any counselling, did have a bit when I went through slightly rocky patch with my son enabled us to talk things through. Won't help this time as my Mum gone and sister won't communicate as thinks she's entitled to everything.

Sure it's stress with you, just chill out in bed, hope things improve for you. Really hot here and humid so sleep not great!

I have researched many cases on Facebook and it is not uncommon for people to report symptoms after a few months or even longer after giving up their medication. I also have a lot of terrible continuous pain and this pain, along with movement disorders, came to me 5 months after the cold turkey.

Hi Deadwood

Im at 26 months off and seem to be following the same pattern. Im still really derealised and over the last month have developed really bad pain everywhere especially in my back and hips. I didnt think it was possible to be this far out and suddenly develop this intense pain. Its so tiring to be in pain all the time. Im just hoping this will eventually pass.

Just wanted you to know you are not alone with the onset of this pain so far out.

I think I can Bexlan. Don't have any in the house at the moment but will buy tomorrow. 

Is it possible (do you think) that this can happen this far out?  Twenty seven months.

Thank you for replying to me.  I'm so sickenly tired of it.  It has really ground me down.

Very possible Deadwood.Inflammation seems to take longer.

On a positive note think of people who battle inflammation for lifetime.Those with chronic diseases like rheumatoid arthritis.But they still live pretty fulfilling lives.

Your pain is temporary.

Thanks everyone, it means a lot. Helped a lot. 

Thanks also to Suzi. To know someone else is still derealised this far our out is comforting, tho sorry to hear.  Also emergence of pain at similar timeframe.  Thank you Suzi. 

DWG,

From everything I have read, it can take the brain a long time to stabilize and reach homeostasis. I hope your symptoms lesson soon. I think the suggestion about using bath salts for sore muscles and soaking in a tub may help. Let us know what you try and if it works or not. I'm still early in my taper (going much slower than you did) and my symptoms are anxiety and insomnia. Also some GI issues but no pain yet. Perhaps your rapid taper is making this harder for you. I, obviously, can't say. Just pondering aloud.

Wishing you the best.

HM

[77...]

Deadwoodgone, I agree with inflammation. I looked back over your prior posts, and it sounds like you had a lot of stress recently. The stress of withdrawal and life stress can lead to impaired adrenal reactivity, this is based on studies on people with PTSD, which I see that you have also.

I also noted your history with SSRIs and serotonin syndrome, so it seems you may have a lot of serotonin as well. This complicates things for you, of course, since it will be difficult for you to get "standard" therapies. Also, I know most do not want treatment.

That said, with a complicated history and lots of stress, you may want to discuss with your psychiatrist or GP a small trial of a treatment to help calm down the brain. After looking over hundreds of posts, there are people who benefit from the short-term use of various treatments. Obviously not SSRIs for you (and no benzos naturally!) Things like trileptal, lamictal, even gabapentinoids in low doses for short periods can help to calm down the glutamate system to help with healing. I have dabbled in treatments (most think it unwise, but it is helping).

This includes 1/10th doses of pregabalin (calming without side-effects so far at around 10mg), baclofen, and tianeptine. If I used bigger doses, I might be better, but I might get side-effects, so I continue my conservative approach.

Natural remedies are terrific, but not strong in most cases. I love them first, but am always thinking about what might be needed in addition.

Hugs to you.

Thanks everyone.  :smitten:

I have not had Covid, Marigold, and I test negative, so I've ruled it out as possible cause.  Thank you. 

I'm more inclined to use the natural methods suggested.  So afraid of adding more chemicals, and have become quite phobic, would probably develop a psychosomatic response, if not actual adverse response. I hope I get over this fear because I know the importance of medicines and their role in treatment.  Thanks for turmeric paste, Shayna.  I'm going to give it a shot.  :)

I have been diagnosed with ptsd fluffer, but was reading last night on its late onset. Many older people develop it many, many, years later.  It seems that many may have had sub-threshold ptsd.  Not good, but able to cope and manage life.  Then, additional trauma occurs years later driving it over the edge.  Full-blown.  This makes sense in my case, but don't  really know. Psychiatrist did diagnose me with it originally tho. 

The trauma of withdrawal.  The stress of my daughter's illness, all added to what may have been sub-threshold (?) and pushed it over that threshold.  That's how it feels at any rate.  I'm hoping, as I recover further from withdrawal, things will improve. Stepping back from my daughter has helped.  I haven't left the building, but much greater boundaries in place.

Everyone probably knows about sub-threshold being pushed over the threshold, just thought I'd mention it. 

I'm going to organise a trauma counsellor/psychologist, Leann.  Need to talk with someone about this stuff.  Find better ways to cope.  Also exercise physiologist.  Maybe too early? Idk.  I'll talk with them, see how it goes.  Agree that mental stress can play into physical.  Didn't know this before, but have done some reading, and am now a believer.  I'm sorry your sister is being greedy.  >:(

I'm sorry about such long post, but wanted to respond to all of your kindnesses.

I'm going to approach this as naturally as I can, but thank you everyone, because talking about it with people who understand goes a long way. 

Thanks  :smitten:

Sorry to hear you are suffering.

In my case I had lot of pain at the time 2-3 years off. I managed to get relief by starting exercise slowly. First slow walks around the house and block. I also booked physical therapist to help me finding good stretching and muscle strengthen exercises. I started to do them 15 minutes every morning. My balance was also bad due to dizziness so I started lifting small weights by standing one foot only etc. My PT helped me to find ways to improve balance. In addition to this I booked osteopath regularly in order to get pain relief and muscle tension decrease. This helped me a lot and I increased my walking first to half an hour a day and then to one hour a day. My mood became better as I noticed improvements and walking increased my my muscle strength. Stop smoking also helped a lot.

Novadays I'm more or less fine and walk about 4 miles a day. I jumped on September 2017 and mostly laid in bed about two years. I was almost sure I will die and wrote my testament but after I got some relief I noticed I can heal and things can be better. I still have pain every now and then but it does not bother me anymore but I can concentrate thing the healthy people do.

I hope this gives some ideas about possible actions to take.

Take care! Thomas

Dee x sending u a big hug x u are such a fighter, u will beat this.

I know in ur case this in benzo induced, but I just wanted to let u know how Golden paste helped me. In 2017 I ran a half marathon a week pretty much. I’m the wrong shoes, on the road, with scoliosis. Dumb, but I didn’t know any better. So I was road running every day long distances and then a half marathon on Saturday and Sunday in shoes that weren’t suitable, and I ended up herniating a disc in my spine. Anyone who has done this knows how painful it is. Anyway I was very anti drug at the time (Shame that didn’t continue) so I wouldn’t take pain relief. So I started getting acupuncture and drinking golden milk. It could have been a combination of just healing and both these things but it totally helped my pain. I had another friend who did the same disc and she was on opiates for a month because of the pain. I never took anything, the inflammation went away and I could run again not long after. ( in much better shoes)

It will help, and it is so delicious and soothing xx

Interesting what you said about PTSD, one counsellor said I had it from years of emotional abuse from my mother. She said it can come out years later, my husband nearly died 5 years ago, don't think really coped with that at the time. Does sound like your symptoms are combination of withdrawal and stress. Recent stuff with my family left me physically exhausted, and seems to of triggered rapid cycling of symptoms. The stuff Shayna suggested seems worth a try, hope the therapy helps you, and things ease up a bit. Too flaming hot here not sleeping so that's not helping. Yes it does get too hot in UK😃

Thank you Thomas, it's  the direction I'm going to take. 

Start out doing small things, and build.  This morning I used one of those elastic band things for stretching.  Not much, but I've started.  I'm going to develop the habit of doing 15 minutes each morning.  I think I can manage that, if not, I'll cut to 10, maybe even 5. 

So long as I set up a routine and build.  Also a lovely park nearby where I can walk. Duck pond, and all.  It heartened me to read that you began just walking around the house. I've been in bed a lot too.

Apart from withdrawal, sedentary lifestyle depletes muscles and strength.  I used to be strong, it's an absolute loss for me to be not so. Thanks for the advice Thomas, it's the way I'm going to go. Also psychologist, and exercise physiologist.  This is my first day off the smokes.  I'm feeling hopeful. 

Dee

:smitten:

Thanks dear Shayna 'sweet as'.  8)

You are an athlete. Amazing. Do you run now? 

I've said it before, but think I've been in a lot of denial about this stuff.  Found it hard to convince myself that this could be true, related to benzos.  I got it, but not entirely.  Get so mentally and physically disabled by it thought for sure I was sick in other ways.  Death imminent.  Yes, there might be other stuff at play, but main player has been benzo withdrawal.  I have more hope knowing this. 

I will try the Golden Milk, never heard of it, but if it's yummy and natural, I'm in.  Is this different to the paste?  I guess I get it from the health food store?

Thanks again Shayna.  I hope you're travelling well.  And to let you by coming here and talking I'm feeling so much more hope for the future.  Very grateful. 

Dee

I've gotten this all wrong Shayna.  I thought I made a paste with the turmeric, and got the milk from the health food store.  :D.  I think it's tea I'm making, right?  F me dead I'm doing it at any rate.  Can't tell shit from clay.  But I'm getting there. 

:laugh:

Dee

Your time frame seems similar  to mine. A lot people seem to see big improvement between 2 and half and 3 years so hopefully we'll both see a difference this year xx

I was thinking same Leann.  I hope so.  Was even thinking this could be one of those 'bad ones' people describe just before a real corner is turned. The thought of recovery seems beyond my wildest dreams, if and when it happens, I will live life like never before. Appreciate life. 

I thought the late onset ptsd was interesting. Wondered if this is what is described as complex ptsd? The near death of your husband could have reignited previous trauma at the hands of your mother.  Doubled it down. It's how it feels for me.  Previous childhood trauma reignited by current trauma and made worse.  It's a wonder we've  bloody survived.  :sick:

I do hope you are right Leann.  Can you imagine.  Being well again. 

Dee

We seem to be on the same page. I keep hoping feeling so crap the last couple weeks and rapid cycling is my brain resetting  itself. Was really interesting what you said about PTSD. At the time hubby had cardiac arrest at home was in induced coma, took about year to recover. I just got on with it.I do think the zop numbed my emotions over years and never really dealt with things properly. It was a shock my Mum had changed her will 4 years ago, still asked us take to GP , Hosp appointments ,but people are right need to try move on.

I know what you mean about being unable to visualise being well again, I think I must sound like a permanent misery, but so many people seem have got through this feel there is hope. Take care xx

Thank you Thomas, it's  the direction I'm going to take. 

Start out doing small things, and build.  This morning I used one of those elastic band things for stretching.  Not much, but I've started.  I'm going to develop the habit of doing 15 minutes each morning.  I think I can manage that, if not, I'll cut to 10, maybe even 5. 

So long as I set up a routine and build.  Also a lovely park nearby where I can walk. Duck pond, and all.  It heartened me to read that you began just walking around the house. I've been in bed a lot too.

Apart from withdrawal, sedentary lifestyle depletes muscles and strength.  I used to be strong, it's an absolute loss for me to be not so. Thanks for the advice Thomas, it's the way I'm going to go. Also psychologist, and exercise physiologist.  This is my first day off the smokes.  I'm feeling hopeful. 

Dee

Hi Dee, you said it. The routine is the key. It does not mater if you do 5 or 10 minutes in the beginning. It is better to listen yourself and do what you can.

When I started I could not put my socks on the foot because of the rigidity, then I succeed to do it by siting in the couch and kept my foots on the floor. Then put them on by lifting my foot and maybe after half an year I started put my socks on by standing and lifting one foot at the time. What a happy day it was.

I think booking psyclogist and exercise physiologist is good idea as well as meet with them is one more routine to the schedule as well as walks in the lovely park. Meeting and diacussing with those professionals also adds safety. In my case my PT had several benzo withdrawal patients and I learned a lot by discussing with her.

Hugs, Thomas