New tapering symptom I have never had before

[fi...]

I have been on benzos along time. I am tapering down from 60 MG of Valium over the course of around 4-5 years now. I recently dropped from 15mg to 12.5 a day. That was 25 days or so ago.

Anyway today and yesterday I began having a very weird sensation. Not a panic attack, but a strong feeling that something was wrong and needed to be dealt with immediately. Like I had an urge to get up and run out of a house that was on fire but of course there is no house on fire. Or to save a child from an oncoming car….

My heart rate doesn’t go up… it’s like I just feel a sense of hopelessness and impending doom and that I have to do something about it. I do experience akathisia but this felt different.  It happened at a restaurant last night and I almost threw up because the sensation started in my belly. Also had it upon coming home from the pool today.

Very unpleasant and gabapentin was the only relief I got. Also since the feeling starts in my stomach my appetite can be fine one minute and then literally 2 minutes later I feel like I need to puke. I’m supposed to go to a pizza party tomorrow and I really don’t wanna miss out lol..

I’m trying to keep myself busy by going out and keep my head up. I hope everyone reading this is staying strong. It’s a hard thing to deal with.

That's a very disconcerting symptom but it sure sounds like its withdrawal related.  I had the sense of doom, fear and hopelessness but I don't think those made me feel like I needed to take action to prevent a catastrophe. 

I'm sorry to hear it affects your stomach, I guess you feel adrenaline surges with it?  I'd keep distracting and plan on going to the party, you might not get that feeling and be able to enjoy yourself.

That's a very disconcerting symptom but it sure sounds like its withdrawal related.  I had the sense of doom, fear and hopelessness but I don't think those made me feel like I needed to take action to prevent a catastrophe. 

I'm sorry to hear it affects your stomach, I guess you feel adrenaline surges with it?  I'd keep distracting and plan on going to the party, you might not get that feeling and be able to enjoy yourself.

No I do not feel adrenaline surge. It’s a very strange and disturbing symptom. Thanks the reply I’ll tell you if anything changes with it