Flurazepam tapering VS Valium updosing - Help from expert buddies

[Qu...]

Hi guys, as you can see from my signature I'm tapering liquid diazepam in a linear way (0.2mg every 3 days) using sleeping aids to cope with my major issue: insomnia.

Next month, after tapering diazepam, I have to decide how to deal with flurazepam (hypnotic, long half life) and I basically have two options:

1. stopping flurazepam and updose diazepam up to at least 7.5mg;

2. tapering flurazepam supported by a local pharmacy which is able to break 15mg pills and repackage them at lower dosage: 5-10mg or hopefully 2.5-5-7.5-10-12.5mg.

Option 1 is more linear and it allows for small cuts but I already failed a C/O once and it requires an updosing.

Option 2 allows for keeping the same benzo - flurazepam - which has an half life even longer than diazepam but cuts will likely be significant.

Thanks for any advice.

I like option 2 and I love the fact that you're using liquid Valium and have made inquiries about using a local pharmacy for lower doses of the Flurazepam, you're very proactive.

Since you mentioned failing a previous attempt to cross over and require updosing, it feels like you've answered your own question. I'd sure give your body some time after you step off the Valium to stabilize before starting another taper.

I think cutting, splitting, scaling, checking, etc. could became a stressful ritual and an autonomous source of anxiety. In my opinion liquid diazepam is a valid option for tapering. The same logic applies to repackaging and compounding: if a local pharmacy could do the job my advice is not to waste time on it.