Stomach Bloating, GI Issues?

[Ul...]

Hey gang! Are there any long-time users out there that are having some serious stomach issues post-taper? I've had a 27 year journey with klonopin (21 yrs taking, 6 yr taper), so I shouldn't be surprised, but GI issues have really taken off. It's only been about 2 1/2 months since the jump, but bloating and GI fun went to a new level. Bloating was pretty consistent the last 1 1/2 - 2 years, but I was always able to control it to some degree by eating less, etc. Now, I'm pretty bloated all the time and nausea has even crept in...and I'm really hungry at the same time!! No sense. A year or two ago I went to a gastro doc and had the colonoscopy and upper endoscopy, but all was good. Any thoughts from you all? Have you found anything that helps with these kinds of issues? I've tried digestive enzymes, probiotics, peppermint caps, etc. Thanks to all!!

I head GI issues too. They show up then leave for a bit then repeat. I've learned that when I have tummy issues to use a low setting heating pad. This increases blood flow and relaxation to the area. It's very soothing for my stomach upset. If you're nauseated peppermint is a good choice but don't over do it. Laying on your LEFT side is ideal for nausea because it takes the pressure off the stomach naturally reducing nausea. Left side laying pulls your stomach contents away. A cool towel placed on the neck area may also help.

I hope this ends for you soon. It's not fun! Hugs to you!

I head GI issues too. They show up then leave for a bit then repeat. I've learned that when I have tummy issues to use a low setting heating pad. This increases blood flow and relaxation to the area. It's very soothing for my stomach upset. If you're nauseated peppermint is a good choice but don't over do it. Laying on your LEFT side is ideal for nausea because it takes the pressure off the stomach naturally reducing nausea. Left side laying pulls your stomach contents away. A cool towel placed on the neck area may also help.

I hope this ends for you soon. It's not fun! Hugs to you!

Moocho thanks for your help!!!

3 years on Xanax, 15 years on Klonopin. 20 months benzo free. The last year my number-one withdrawal symptom was stomach issues. Gas bloating and lower abdominal discomfort. I would say pain but it's never enough to Warrant ibuprofen or aspirin. Have been poked and prodded checked out three pages of blood work. It's usually the lower right side abdominal issue which radiates into the hip and sometimes back. Sometimes when I'm lying or standing I don't even know I have it but when I sit it takes me constantly. Check out the search engine there are hundreds of four of us that kept complained of the same issues. Good luck buddy