less anxiety = zombie, anyone else?

[b8...]

[b8...]

Hi guys - sorry I have so many questions and thank you to everyone who is so patient and kind with me!

As my anxiety has been reducing (yay!) I have become a total zombie(boo!). I cannot keep my eyes open all day - it's almost painful to stay awake (but toxic naps are scary). I get up and walk around and feel like I've taken 10 benadryl my head is so foggy and tired (not taking any antihistamines but just the usual 1mg remeron that I've been on for months).

This goes on all day and gets better in the evening. It's been this way for a week or two, but only today and yesterday has the anxiety lifted.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does this mean my neurotransmitters are making adjustments?

I am trying to just go with it and hope that it is a good sign of healing, and maybe the anxiety is moving on out (I hope!!!!!!)

Hugs!

I wonder if because you don't have anxiety now your body is calmer, needs to rest. Could it be your adrenals needing to rebuild and needing more rest? I know that I have adrenal fatigue, my doctor is working on that with me. Just a thought. I think so many of us could have weak adrenals from all that we've been through.

LiveLife

Be good to figure it out. My doctor had me do a saliva test because he said it was more accurate then blood work. Don't know what you think about that. We also did a hair mineral analysis for me and that showed adrenal fatigue as well. So, if your blood work comes back normal it could still possibly be your adrenals. There's a test my chiropractor would do. He would take my blood pressure when I'm sitting and then have me stand up and take it again. I think if it drops so many points it could mean adrenal fatigue. He also looks in my eyes with the light to see if my pupils are dilating properly or not that can be indicative of adrenal fatigue.

LiveLife

Fluffer,

It sounds like healing to me. The resting is a little too much, so you feel like a zombie but anxiety getting less is awesome! I see it as a good sign. I am glad you are getting rest and the anxiety is down. Sorry you feel like a zombie when your up or out and about. Take it as a good sign. I am sure the zombie effect will lesson with time and you will feel even better!

HM

I have this exact same thing. Let me know if you find out if something is low or high. I have 0 anxiety and it actually FEELS like i'm on a benzo which is very weird. I'm drowsy all day even with a good night of rest.

So I've def had spells of feeling catatonic throughout this process...kind of like the pendulum on a clock was swung way on the anxiety side and then it swings to the numb and foggy/dazed side. Eventually it swings less widely and finds middle ground:)

I have something I call the "suck me under sleep". Its when the 5 am wakefulness happens but then you fall back to sleep and its like a coma! I've chatted with others who have had this too.

I get this symptom I call "concrete head" bc that is what it feels like. It used to last for days now its usually just hrs.

Hope this helps!