Do benzos/z-drugs really cause personality changes?

[Ca...]

I was taking Ambien for nearly 12 years! Early on in my use of the drug, when I was working in a high pressure job, my husband pointed out to me that the mornings after I took a pill I was very aggressive and argumentative.  I became more self aware of this and modulated my emotional reactions so that it didn't raise further concern by my hubby, but what I really should have done was stop taking it.

Later on after many years of use I now realize that I became emotionally numb.  My mother died in 2013 and I barely showed any emotion at all - another aspect noticed by my husband. 

These drugs are insidious. 

What personality changes did you guys experience? Were you able to get your mind back afterward?

Oh my gosh.  YES, from sad to extreme anger.  It feels like a chemical takes over my mind (and I always can tell, after it calms down). 

HORRIBLE Drugs!!  :tickedoff::thumbsup::tickedoff:

ABSOLUTELY!!!  I am down to 1 mg of Valium and my soul seems to be returning to my body. No hyperbole. Keep Going at your own pace. Exercise if you can.

Good Luck!

HopeFull01

i didn't/don't have any personality changes at all, but i had sexual side effects and lowering the dose that i'm taking of clonazepam has helped.