I feel hopeless

[mo...]

It seems I will never be well again.  I feel hopeless today.  I am tired of suffering the severe severe depression and exhaustion and just not myself.  Miss my family.  I need hope.

Also, so much stress and responsibility, that I have no time for self care.  Time to read and learn anymore.  It is difficult for me to read more than a page or two. 

Mom2, I am sorry you're not feeling well. Hang in there! Time heals. It really does. We just have to be patient. I hope there is a long window coming up for you (me too!) very soon. I'm cheering for you.

HM

I understand you. I'm feeling this way a lot lately, and felt a lot of times the need to open a thread here in benzobuddies just to express myself.

We all heal. It's science. There's nobody that has not healed in the end. The frustration is intense, I know, I'm suffering it. But there is hope. Because we all heal in the end. We are all in this together.

A hug.

It seems I will never be well again.  I feel hopeless today.  I am tired of suffering the severe severe depression and exhaustion and just not myself.  Miss my family.  I need hope.

Also, so much stress and responsibility, that I have no time for self care.  Time to read and learn anymore.  It is difficult for me to read more than a page or two.

I fully understand. Prayers for you.

Hi Mom2,

Hope today is going better for you :) I know you were really struggling. Time does heal. Thinking about you.

HM

I am so sorry you are struggling so much. i completely understand. This process is horrible. Praying for you. If I didn't have my faith I would have given up by now.

I just joined, as I feel the same way as you....................... I know nothing about nothing anymore, but I am here for support and help and I support you....... 

How much pain can these drugs bring us before someone either takes them off the market (fat chance, right Pharma?)

Or people (including doctors) need to know, up front, what they can do to you !!

How can people be informed who aren't trapped first or find their way here??

Hello All,

Please keep the faith that things will get better.  I have been tapering just over a year.  I plan to be done by the end of summer if all goes well. 

In the beginning I was living in such terror I never thought it would end.  As I reduced the dose it got better.  Still many many sx’s, but think of those sx’s as your body healing along the way.  It’s waking up, it’s not pleasant but once awake you will be fine.

Please know you have lots of support here.  You will survive this, listen to your body and slow down when you need, but keep moving down in dose.

Prayers for us all.

SS,

Thank you for that inspiring post. I am early in my taper and going along at a rapid clip but fully prepared to slow down if symptoms warrant it. It is good to be reminded that we are healing as we withdraw. Our brains are acclimating to the smaller doses as we cut lower and lower and, eventually, jump. I can't wait until I am down to .01 mg of Xanax once a day and ready to jump. That's awesome that end of summer is it for you. I am excited for you!

HM

I may end up holding a bit, I am having such trouble with dizziness and vision at the moment.  But as I feel better I will continue.  You can not really put a time line on completing the journey, I just know I will get there and so will you!

Take care..

SS,

Sorry about the vision and dizziness. You're right, we have to adjust and correct as we go. I have increased GAD and insomnia as my main symptoms. I have had a little tremors, dizziness, tinnitus and heart pounding but very little. I dread the idea of those symptoms getting worse with lowering of my dose. i am hopeful my brain is healing WHILE I am tapering. I would imagine as we stabilize between doses, healing is taking place and it isn't just after we jump that we heal. At least I hope that is the case. I want to believe my brain is always working on neuroplastiticity (sp?) and healing.

I totally understand if you choose to hold based on your symptoms. We'll get there when we get there.

HM

I can tell you I definitely have been healing along the way.  I feel loads better than I did at the beginning of my taper.  Hang in there!!

You are not alone, mom2mkld. I am so glad I just read this thread - there is hope and we must cling to it. Sending love

I can tell you I definitely have been healing along the way.  I feel loads better than I did at the beginning of my taper.  Hang in there!!

Thank you for saying that. It tells me that the brain heals as your tapering and I need to hear that.

HM

It is shuttle, but suddenly people would say “ wow you sound a lot better than you did six months ago”.  Then I think about it and realize how much better I feel when I think back. 

This last 25 percent has been kicking me around a bit, but it’s my body adjusting and I will feel better eventually and you will too.

Hang in there everyone!