Took Unisom again with bad consequences!

[Li...]

Last night I was really struggling with the cough, lots of congestion. I thought I can't sleep, Unisom is an antihistamine, I took it a couple months ago off and on and it started to bother me. I thought it's been awhile so it should be okay. I took it, what a mistake! I started feeling like I couldn't breathe and was paralyzed had vertigo and anxiety and I'm still suffering today. I can't believe this! What is happening!

LiveLife

Ugh that's the worst. Please drink lots of water and try to distract yourself. Can you take a gentle walk? It should pass soon. I did something similar with Nyquil and spent a day in a horrible wave but it passed.

Oh, I am so very sorry, LiveLife...I truly am.  I think my biggest fear is trying different meds, food, or over exercising...all of which can cause either awful waves or a setback.  Sometimes it seems that I am able to tolerate certain things, but, the next time around not so good.  I am down and out with the benzo flu, probably after enjoying a nice bowl of Pho soup....it has bitten me before so I should have known better. 

I guess we have to be super vigilant until our benzo recovery is achieved.  I feel badly for you as you took something to help you sleep while having a bad cough!  My wave is the result of me just being a glutton for punishment.

Please keep me posted as to how you are doing :smitten:

GG