Fear of surges...but doing better! Need advice

[bc...]

[bc...]

Buddies, I need some advice.

A few weeks ago, I had some amazing days. Felt 90% and played games with my kids, cleaned my house, made breakfast. I’d never been that good! I may have overdone it and got over confidant because I ended up in a horrible wave after for several weeeks.

I feel myself emerging from the wave. Anxiety is down overall but I get these unexpected “surges”. I guess glutamate goes crazy for no reason randomly?

Anyway, even though I feel better, I also feel paralyzed. Do I dare get up and resume life? Or will I bring more surges? Do I wait a while until I’m “safe”? I wonder how long. A week? Two? Months?

This process is so hard! So it’s good news really. Just feeling sort of paralyzed.

Hugs friends.

Fluff,

This is great news. I say live life. Just pace yourself and release the fears. (I know easier said than done) You are healing!  Embrace it! Yay!

LiveLife

Have totally been there...it's like threading a needle.  Do too much and potentially feel like crap.  Play it safe and you miss out on life.  I played it very safe for a long time )several months) and still a wave would pop in there.  So I started doing normal things in a very limited fashion.  I would do something and then rest for an hour.  Then get up and do something and rest again.  My increased activity helped me sleep better too.

This is a very individual thing.  You have to test the waters and see what is OK to do, and when maybe you're pushing it.  Your body will tell you.  Listen to your body and be compassionate with yourself.

Doing this I see progress, and that is so helpful for our mindset.