Author Topic: Mutiple Tapers/long haulers/high dosages  (Read 11529 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Mutiple Tapers/long haulers/high dosages
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2021, 04:13:23 am »
Hi [...] - yes the double cut was quite the mistake!  It was a 15% cut and it caused some serious brain issues.  I had to hold for around 2 months or more and when I did make a cut - it too was rough.  Thank you - yes I am getting better and it is slow!  I realized I had made the mistake 6 days into the cut but thought I have already gone 6 days and did not want to go up in dose to what I was supposed to cut to.  Boy was that a mistake I will not make again.  I am so careful when I do my pillbox for the week but brain fog has been an issue for me this whole time.  I did that in October last year and that is when the off balance and dizziness and ear issues started and they have not stopped - they come and go but when they come - like today - it was rough and it is hard to be chipper when you feel like crap and like you are going to fall down constantly!!  I really believe being on the cold turkey really hurt my brain - I pray to recover completely.  I am just realizing some of the things the CT did to me.  It is scary sometimes but I try to not think about it.  I want to focus on now. 

Yes we have been comrades for a while now and I may not always respond to your post on other threads, I do read them sometimes because you are so wise, so compassionate and so caring, and it does not matter if the subject pertains to what I am going through or not - Just reading the heartfelt and real and kind things you post gives me encouragement and makes me feel better!  I look for threads and posts that are positive when I am not having a good day or if I am in a rough spot and I can always count on you to lift me up.  And when you are having a rough time, I want to be kind, supportive and encouraging to you!  You truly have helped so many people.  You write beautifully and I give you credit for being able to do that at the high dose of medication you are on and with the problems you have had tapering.  You are a rock star!!!!

We can all do this together!

I loved what you wrote about taking a walk with your husband, that was so sweet.  I love that after 35 years of marriage that you still hold hands.  My husband and I went through some hell with others before we found each other 8 years ago.  He is my rock and he is so supportive and is my biggest fan!  We were brought together by God and I am so thankful every day that we have each other!

One of the things I have in my tool box - as you say  :), is to think about and sometimes write down things I am grateful for - on days when I am not feeling well - it helps me to think in a positive way and even though this is hell on earth that we are going through - we all have something to be thankful for!  If nothing else - the fact that we woke up today, have food to eat and clothes to wear.  It does not have to be anything elaborate, just something that makes you smile.

Sorry this was so long - I hope you will have a better night and an even better day tomorrow.  Know you are in my prayers daily and I will continue to pray for you to get better and feel good again!

Love,
[...]  :smitten: :smitten:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 04:19:31 am by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2021, 01:29:49 pm »
Great work Ultra! Also, very encouraging. It is going to take me many years to taper unless my body decides to let me make bigger cuts then what I can do now. :smitten:

You'll probably be surprised. The taper rate will go up and down over time. That's fine though...you'll be going in the right direction!!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2021, 05:48:27 pm »
Hi [...],

I am so glad you have your husband. What a rock for you, he must be. That's great. I missed my magnesium and melatonin last night. I'm not sure if it played a role or not but I didn't sleep last night. I hope I have a better night tonight. I am plugging through the day today despite being tired. My next cut is tomorrow afternoon if all goes well.

Have a great Thursday,

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2021, 01:45:28 pm »
My last 3 doses of 2.75 have all paradoxed, including my am dose this morning. It's back. Yesterday was one of the worst days I have had in a long time. It's an undermed, but when it comes to a paradox, it doesn't matter.  Considering my options.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 02:45:34 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2021, 04:33:40 pm »
My last 3 doses of 2.75 have all paradoxed, including my am dose this morning. It's back. Yesterday was one of the worst days I have had in a long time. It's an undermed, but when it comes to a paradox, it doesn't matter.  Considering my options.

[...] - I am so sorry you are suffering!  I wish there was something I could say to help.  Know you are in my thoughts and prayers!  You really deserve and need a break! 
What options do you have?  I am hoping there is something that can relieve your suffering.

Love,
[...]  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2021, 04:55:47 pm »
Options are to change the dose. Yesterdays paradoxes took me to a whole new level of pain. Then, it happened again this morning. Usually, the only way to make it stop is to change the dose. Spent a long time trying to decide which way to go. Decided to updose number 2. I am 55 minutes in, and it's not paradoxing. Had no idea if it would or not.  Will go back to 2.75 dose 3.

Part of this is migraine medication I took yesterday, it always throws off the xanax. It can took a few days to recover. It is cross tolerant with benzo's.  Looked through my notes to decide  if I should go up or down. Usually up worked, down did not.

I lowered dose 3 yesterday to try and stop the paradoxing, and it was the worst paradox I think I have ever had. Considering that, I elected to go up dose 2 today. Had no idea what I would get.

Will resume  2.75 tomorrow morning as well, and see if it behaves. I have done this before, after the migraine med, updosed number 2 while I wait for it to leave my system.

I choose not to see this is a fail, but a medically induced situation caused by the migraine medication.

I am eager to get back down to all doses at 2.75, might take 1 more day before I can do it. It has been rough, but I was just stating to see some improvement before yesterday.

[Buddie]

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2021, 05:39:00 pm »
[...],

I am sorry your having issues with paradoxing. Hopefully, the symptoms are tolerable. Who knows what is happening in the brain when you paradox. If you don't take your doses you get interdose WD and when you do, you paradox. I hope your changes to your doses make the difference for you and stop the paradoxing. I don't have paradox anymore but I worry my cuts might be too much. I just cut Friday and so far I am the same. I have the GAD and the insomnia for the most part. My GAD is better today but my insomnia last night was typical for me. My usual couple/few hours interrupted by fireworks going off.

Anyway, [...], it's good to hear from you. Wishing you stabilize soon so you can forge ahead with your taper.

Happy Monday,

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2021, 05:52:22 pm »
Heart

Everyone I have interacted with over the years really struggles at the end. I hope your cut is tolerable.

I am amazed by how far you have come. And proud of you. :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2021, 07:14:56 pm »
[...],

That's what I hear. That it will get harder as I get lower. I am waiting for that to happen but I am still pretty high in dose so maybe it will be a while. At least i have a stock pile of meds in case they cut me off. I am worried about that. Just hoping my stash lasts me to jump day.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2021, 08:41:43 pm »
[...] - I feel so bad for you! I hope the changes you are trying help you!  A person can only take so much suffering!

Love and hugs to you!
[...]  :smitten: