One year off benzos today!!!

[05...]

[05...]

I just remembered this afternoon that is was one year ago today that I jumped after 21 years of using Klonopin!!  There are so many remarkable things about this but perhaps the most remarkable thing is that this day almost passed unnoticed by me because I am busy living life now.  I honestly don't think about benzos (or alcohol) any longer because it is feeling normal not use them now.  My sleep is returning, the anxiety I had felt from interdose withdrawl is gone, I am facing life and all it's challenges with courage ... in other words, I feel good about my life and how I am living it.

Life after benzos is oh so sweet!

Kate    :smitten:

Kate 08. This is wonderful. So proud of you. Do you have any symptoms or do you consider yourself healed?

[05...]

Kate 08. This is wonderful. So proud of you. Do you have any symptoms or do you consider yourself healed?

I consider myself healed!  I have some neuropathy in my legs and feet but I think this is due to a lumbar spine problem which I am going to look into at some point in the future.  Right now I am enjoying life.

Kate08, this is wonderful news, and I am sincerely happy for you!  Now, go have a big piece of celebratory cake and eat it, too🎂🎉😍🙏

[05...]
Thank you Shayna, Marigold1, Nike0911, and Gardenguru for all of your kind words.  The Buddies here are what make BenzoBuddies and were the reason I succeeded.    :thumbsup:

Kate08 congrats I think you have helped me on this forum and certainly many others, for that alone you are heroic and also for surviving benzo wd

:smitten:

Wow Kate!!!! You made 1 year. You go girl!!! I'm so proud to hear this. Your journey has been rough but look at you now! Wow! Mine is right behind you on the 20th. My 1 year.  :D The time flew but in waves it seemed to stop. Anyway, congrats!!!!

[05...]

Wow Kate!!!! You made 1 year. You go girl!!! I'm so proud to hear this. Your journey has been rough but look at you now! Wow! Mine is right behind you on the 20th. My 1 year.  :D The time flew but in waves it seemed to stop. Anyway, congrats!!!!

LadyDen, thank you!  There is something magical about that year milestone, so a huge congrats to you also!  And to think we did this during the pandemic but honestly,  I can't think of a better use of my time last year.

Kate    :thumbsup:

LadyDen, thank you!  There is something magical about that year milestone, so a huge congrats to you also!  And to think we did this during the pandemic but honestly,  I can't think of a better use of my time last year.

Kate    :thumbsup:

I absolutely agree!!! We were sick anyway so we didn't miss much while recovering. Everything was shut down. People in their homes. To me this was perfect for me to get some recovery under my belt. I was bedridden anyway. So yes, it didn't bother me at all. We made it to this point....the hardest part hopefully is over. Now it's heal this or that a little better then we're healed! I'm so excited for my new life ahead. Kate, if me and you can do this.... Others can too. A whole year under our belts WOW!  :thumbsup:

Congratulations Kate08,

Thank you for that!!! You put in the hard work. I can hear you Happiness. I am getting to the end of this… I have 1 mg of Valium left but will not rush it.

My balance is off and my feet are numb and get red…

Mine may well be neuropathy, but I never experienced this before Valium.

Can you walk and stand stationary well?

I am very muscle strong, but I guess it is withdrawal.

Enjoy your One wild and precious life!

HopeFull01

[05...]

Congratulations Kate08,

Thank you for that!!! You put in the hard work. I can hear you Happiness. I am getting to the end of this… I have 1 mg of Valium left but will not rush it.

My balance is off and my feet are numb and get red…

Mine may well be neuropathy, but I never experienced this before Valium.

Can you walk and stand stationary well?

I am very muscle strong, but I guess it is withdrawal.

Enjoy your One wild and precious life!

HopeFull01

HopeFull01,

Thank you for the good wishes!  Walking and standing are not a problem for me.  Mostly I am grateful that I got off fairly unscathed  :-)

All to the best to you as you move through the last of your taper.  No, don't rush.  You want to finish strong!

Kate