AC making my symptoms worse?

[Ga...]

Is seems that since I have been using my air conditioner my symptoms have gotten worse. Does this make sense? Has anyone had a similar experience. Am I crazy?

Is seems that since I have been using my air conditioner my symptoms have gotten worse. Does this make sense? Has anyone had a similar experience. Am I crazy?

Hi its possibly the noise form it making you hypersensitive, and triggering you off, I have the same problem with different sounds, sound levels, and vibration it crucifies me  :(    Another thing I noticed is if the air from my air filter fan  hits me I feel odd??                         

Nova  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I don’t think it’s the noise. My AC is very quiet. It’s something else or it’s just in my head. Let’s see if anyone else has something to offer.

Window AC units can be disturbing to some people more than others. My wife, for example, has never been medicated, is generally very healthy and athletic, and she couldn't stand eating within 8 feet of the window AC unit. All last summer we were turning it off at every meal time, and it was a very quiet unit we'd just bought to replace the "drum machine" unit we'd had previously from unknown decades past. Other fans, like the bathroom fan, also disturb her.

Myself, a nervous, sensitive mess, only rarely experience acute sound sensitivity, but when I do it's very bad and I need ear protection and to hide in bed!

If you can afford it, heat pumps are magic. The inside unit is v-e-r-y quiet. Most of the compressing and humming happens outside, and just the compressed gas is pumped to an unusually quiet fan inside. They cost an arm and a leg and I was entirely against buying one, but my in-laws own the house and put in three units, one for us. Now I love it. It's baby quiet. Ours are from Mitsubishi.

If you can stand it, I suggest trying ear protection first to deduce if it's a noise thing, an EMF thing, or a general vibrations thing. That might get you started in the right direction to better comfort yourself. I use the 3M brand 35db over-ear protection, and they're even better with ear plugs or earbuds tucked inside to further block sound; relaxing music adds much to the experience.

We also found that the sources that disturbed my wife were often emitting high magnetic EMFs. We bought an EMF meter and were able to tell which things bothering her were actually emitting and which things were just noisy or new. It was very interesting. Now we turn off the breaker to our bedroom every night; I can't tell a difference but it's luckily just one switch down the hallway. If it's not sound, you might want to investigate EMFs; some people seem to be sensitive to them and I imagine a damaged nervous system would be even more disturbed.

I hope you feel better soon. AC is very nice; I grew up with box fans and other times just lived outdoors, working in the sun, napping in the shade. Now I've grown soft...  :P