Does anyone have a benzo cough?

[Li...]

I have really been suffering with this cough now since October of 2020. It's so bad that it causes me to wheeze and it usually comes on at bedtime so it makes it very difficult to sleep too. I'm just wondering if anyone else has a bad cough they're dealing with. I actually started to develop this cough after the doctor had prescribed some amitriptyline for me that threw me back into withdrawal. I'm just wondering when this might end. Also, was there anything you could do to make it any easier? It just seems to go on and on.

LiveLife

I too have a tickle/cough and have had it on and off for about 3 years.  Sometimes it's worse but then just like that it's gone for awhile.  Comes at different times of year.  It's very perplexing.

I had a benzo cough for awhile earlier on but its gone now. Just wanted to validate you - ya - its "thing"

Thank you both for your replies. I really appreciate it. It's good to know I'm not alone. Trina how long did your cough last and was there anything you could do to get relief? I end up coughing so hard it's almost like a spasm. It is just so bad at night, it ends up making my bronchia swell and it's difficult to breathe as well as sleep.:(

LiveLife

8)

Live, Just saying hello,  I’m so sorry your dealing with this.  I don’t have a cough, but congestion with like a constant tickle. I hope you can get relief soon.  Things must be close for you!!!!  Thanks for being so kind and concerning too a lot of peeps around here YOU ROCK  :) hang tuff 

My cough was not as bad as yours it seems. It was this annoying constant thing for awhile Ihonestly can't remember when it let up, but I think by around month 7 I don't remember it.

Yep. I don’t get it all the time. It’s a dry cough for me.  Been for 7 COVID teats.  All negative.  BWD is one weird beast.

Thank you everyone for the replies. Kudos I really appreciate the encouragement and positivity.

LiveLife

Yep. I don’t get it all the time. It’s a dry cough for me.  Been for 7 COVID teats.  All negative.  BWD is one weird beast.

I'm willing to accept that there's such a thing as benzo cough, and even COVID teats.

But I don't see how you could have 7 teats, COVID or no COVID.

Have you seen a doctor? Or a veterinarian?

I'm willing to accept that there's such a thing as benzo cough, and even COVID teats.

:laugh: :laugh: I think she meant tests.

:laugh: :laugh: I think she meant tests.

Oh, well that's very different then.

I was gonna say, that really is one weird beast, isn't it?

Never mind.

Its been a sh-- 2 days -  but this just made me laugh out loud..omg thats so funny. thanks ppl I needed that.

Ah, fun with typos. Now I'll have to watch out for my own.  ;)

But back to the topic: actually I have had a strange kind of cough for the last year or so. It's not that frequent and it doesn't go all the way back to the beginning of my benzo withdrawal and recovery, so I don't think it's related to benzos, but who knows?

Yep I have this too. Mine started at 8 months off. Pops in and out. Very annoying coughing for no reason. Nothing intense just annoying especially at night. At first I thought it was dusty room or something. Nope! Another WD symptom. Hopefully this goes away for you soon. It will go away with time.