Author Topic: Can I offer you hope  (Read 6966 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Can I offer you hope
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2021, 06:35:14 pm »
Thank you for offering hope. I get tired of reading the bad stuff, TBH, even in the success stories but it's worth reading that you are healed and as good as new. Yes, you can offer me hope:) I'll take it.

Congratulations on your recovery and thank you for taking the time to write a success story. I appreciate it,

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2021, 06:11:14 pm »
Thank you for taking the time to tell us your story.  I was grateful to read all of it and learned a lot too.  I felt a little like I received a much need ass kicking.   ;). My diet is pretty clean but you've inspired me to rip the band aid off and get rid of ALL the possible offenders (like my beloved ice cream) and you've inspired me to work on my exercise.  I appreciate the time and honesty and energy it took for you to share your wisdom. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2021, 10:26:20 pm »
I'm still in the midst of it 3 years and 3 months since jumping, I don't know why I can't keep from crying when reading your story, probably because it's so hard to still keep up hope especially this late into the process, thank you so much for sharing and giving hope.. Congratulations on making it to the other side, there's so much pain behind those lines that's way too familiar, very happy for you that you made it💕

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2021, 09:24:09 pm »
This is the absolute best and most beneficial success story I have read. Thank you for being so thorough. Your narrative is strong, determined, full of care for the rest of of us, and worthy of keeping (I am going to save this.)

I was very attracted due to your many experiments with every kind of treatment you could get your hands on. And your claim that it did not work , or did not work well. I am familiar with many of those "treatments," and was really pleased to find  someone who had used them, especially the hallucinogenics.

Your urgency in pushing us to take care of our bodies I share. However, I love finding someone who says , just do it, It doesn't matter how bad you feel. That push is something I need for the days when exercise (my best asset in my tool box) is not doable for whatever reasons.

You are so spot on that we must take on this iatrogenic illness ourselves, find things that are good for the growth of the mind, good for our bodies, and put the damn button to the side.

Stop seeing it as an option, and I will tell you why. If you use it, you will irreparably traumatize many people. It may be worth it to you to get out of this hellish existence, but it is not worth the damage it causes to anyone and everyone in your life.

I speak from experience. My first husband committed suicide, as have people I have know through the years. It may give them relief, but it sows a wide net of trauma to the survivors. They will be affected by it to varying degrees for the rest of their lives.

I am professional writer and artist (or was before I got sick) Your compressed success story is worthy of a book. Dig deeper. How did you change through the process? What ridiculous paranoia's and fears got their claws in you. What happened to your mind, and now that it is near healed, can you talk about the madness /insanity this toxin creates.  What about your mate was so powerful and strong that they stayed with you?

Did you beat the shit out of anyone who said "Your still sick? That's ridiculous." Or threw platitudes at you. Or did not believe you. Or who shamed you. Benzo anger is a component of this, and not often explored.
I find that looking at the underlying trauma when I feel ways I don't want to helps me understand myself better. It doesn't make me feel better, but I need to get to the core to understand what is going on with my insane thinking.

It is a process of intense self discovery, or it can be.

I don't know how any of us survive when our [...] experience and post cessation experience is acute. I don't know how I get through every day, especially when the madness takes control.

You said it: Keep going.

I look forward to future posts from  you.

Thank you again.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 02:50:14 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2021, 08:06:31 am »
Wow [...].You have brought tears to my eyes reading this.....
May you continue to be happy and enjoy life because you deserve it...
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2021, 12:42:08 am »
I'm on here scouring for protracted success stories.  Thank you so much for coming back and posting! And congrats on being functional, happy and successful again! I am 3 years 2 months off and felt great by 19 months but had a setback which was kind of like a CT.  Seeing posts like yours is what keeps me hopeful that I too will heal and you know we never believe it'll happen when it's been so dang long.

Hope that last 10% comes back soon!

All the best!

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2021, 11:54:48 pm »
Wow! Absolutely love your story! You been through a lot and I’m so happy you doing much better.
Your story very similar to mine the difference is I’m still in it after 5 years. Still looking for a cure or just find something what will give some relief from my head scalp pain and anxiety depression. After crying for 5 years with severe pain I’m now crying only 2-3 times a week... I guess there is some healing happening....
Hoping and praying and working hard when ever  I can, to get there where you are now.
Have a wonderful life
[...]
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 12:02:55 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2022, 10:26:56 pm »
Bump

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2022, 06:04:45 pm »
This is such an I sliding story thank you for sharing! Really needed to hear this today.

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2022, 09:28:50 pm »
Thank you for offering hope. I get tired of reading the bad stuff, TBH, even in the success stories but it's worth reading that you are healed and as good as new. Yes, you can offer me hope:) I'll take it.

Congratulations on your recovery and thank you for taking the time to write a success story. I appreciate it,

[...]