I have a taper question for Badsocref, Libertas, anyone who can help

[Di...]

A while back a DLMT schedule was setup for me.

Using 2mg/ml liquid lorazepam

I take 1ml of liquid lorazepam mix with enough water to make 300ml.  This was setup as a 3 day mixture.  So I dosed 100ml/day.  Now I am at 82ml/day so do I need to discard the left over or can I continue to use the leftover for the 4th day?

Thank you...my benzo brain isn't working.

If you're asking for math help, I may be of service.

If I understand correctly, you say you make 300ml of solution containing 1ml of 2mg/ml liquid lorazepam (i.e. 2mgs) and water. Then you divide this into 3x 100ml solutions, one for each day, and you've been doing a daily liquid discard with these daily solutions. It sounds like you're currently pulling 18ml from each 100ml to get your 82ml daily dose(s).

The left over from this process is 18ml x 3 days worth = 54ml. This isn't enough for a fourth days worth. Was this what you were trying to figure out?

If you're asking for math help, I may be of service.

If I understand correctly, you say you make 300ml of solution containing 1ml of 2mg/ml liquid lorazepam (i.e. 2mgs) and water. Then you divide this into 3x 100ml solutions, one for each day, and you've been doing a daily liquid discard with these daily solutions. It sounds like you're currently pulling 18ml from each 100ml to get your 82ml daily dose(s).

The left over from this process is 18ml x 3 days worth = 54ml. This isn't enough for a fourth days worth. Was this what you were trying to figure out?

Hi Slownsteady,

Actually I was wondering if the solution would still be good to use the fourth day.  I didn't know if it would lose its strength.

Hi Slownsteady,

Actually I was wondering if the solution would still be good to use the fourth day.  I didn't know if it would lose its strength.

I'm guessing it wouldn't lose it's strength. Just a guess, mind you. I know that specifically Tranxene loses its potency in water rather quickly, but I haven't heard that about other benzos. My clonazepam in water and alcohol lasts for months. I think the biggest concern with a dilution like you're making is the lack of preservatives; is if there's any microbe food in there (sugars, etc), you will eventually get some degree of fermentation, and this could alter things unpredictably. I doubt four days in the fridge would be long enough for this sort of thing to be a problem, hence my guess.

How were you thinking of using 54ml of your solution on the 4th day?

Hi Slownsteady,

I'm guessing it wouldn't lose it's strength. Just a guess, mind you. I know that specifically Tranxene loses its potency in water rather quickly, but I haven't heard that about other benzos. My clonazepam in water and alcohol lasts for months. I think the biggest concern with a dilution like you're making is the lack of preservatives; is if there's any microbe food in there (sugars, etc), you will eventually get some degree of fermentation, and this could alter things unpredictably. I doubt four days in the fridge would be long enough for this sort of thing to be a problem, hence my guess.

How were you thinking of using 54ml of your solution on the 4th day?

I would make up another 3 day solution and take the 28ml from there to finish off the 54ml.  Would that work?

I used all of my Xanax mixed solution, and did not waste a single drop. If there are couple of drops of alcohol, then it will last a bit longer.

I used all of my Xanax mixed solution, and did not waste a single drop. If there are couple of drops of alcohol, then it will last a bit longer.

Thank you Darkarchon!

I would make up another 3 day solution and take the 28ml from there to finish off the 54ml.  Would that work?

I understand now, so you would combine some of the excess from two 300ml batches to get an extra day of medicine. I've never liked liquid discarding, specifically because it wastes increasingly more medicine, so I understand your motivation and I think this could work.

As Darkarchon says, alcohol or any other preservative helps keep the microbe population down. Personally with alcohol levels below 10%, I'd give your dilution something like a 7-10 day lifespan, if it was my fridge and my body.

My suggestion is to try to work cleanly. I suggest, if you have the measuring equipment to do this, I would be keeping your 300ml in the fridge in a single vessel. Then daily I would take what I need from it with clean measuring tools, returning the remaining to the fridge.

At the end of the 3 days, I'd have something remaining, currently 54ml but later it will be more. I would keep this old batch separate and on day four mix a new 300ml. I'd measure the old batch in a clean measuring vessel, then with a clean dropper or syringe or whatever you're using, I'd pull something from the new batch to bring the old batch remainder up to my current daily dose and take that for day four. Then the rest of the new batch should last me three more days. As you reduce further whatever is left from the new batch could be used again in the same way, but at least in the mean time I would discard the 20ml or so and just start over.

The important thing in my mind is not to mix from the old batch into the new batch except on the day of use, and to be careful not to contaminate the new batch with tools or vessels that are unclean and were used for the old batch. This may be completely unnecessary! I'm just describing how cautious I would be to eliminate issues and anxiety. I also always lock the car doors; specifically so that I never have to think about it.

If you want help creating a taper schedule, I suggest exploring this DMT schedule generator; it would work for your purposes. I wrote an instructional here...

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=254653.5#post_generator

I hope this helps!  :smitten:

I understand now, so you would combine some of the excess from two 300ml batches to get an extra day of medicine. I've never liked liquid discarding, specifically because it wastes increasingly more medicine, so I understand your motivation and I think this could work.

As Darkarchon says, alcohol or any other preservative helps keep the microbe population down. Personally with alcohol levels below 10%, I'd give your dilution something like a 7-10 day lifespan, if it was my fridge and my body.

My suggestion is to try to work cleanly. I suggest, if you have the measuring equipment to do this, I would be keeping your 300ml in the fridge in a single vessel. Then daily I would take what I need from it with clean measuring tools, returning the remaining to the fridge.

At the end of the 3 days, I'd have something remaining, currently 54ml but later it will be more. I would keep this old batch separate and on day four mix a new 300ml. I'd measure the old batch in a clean measuring vessel, then with a clean dropper or syringe or whatever you're using, I'd pull something from the new batch to bring the old batch remainder up to my current daily dose and take that for day four. Then the rest of the new batch should last me three more days. As you reduce further whatever is left from the new batch could be used again in the same way, but at least in the mean time I would discard the 20ml or so and just start over.

The important thing in my mind is not to mix from the old batch into the new batch except on the day of use, and to be careful not to contaminate the new batch with tools or vessels that are unclean and were used for the old batch. This may be completely unnecessary! I'm just describing how cautious I would be to eliminate issues and anxiety. I also always lock the car doors; specifically so that I never have to think about it.

If you want help creating a taper schedule, I suggest exploring this DMT schedule generator; it would work for your purposes. I wrote an instructional here...

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=254653.5#post_generator

I hope this helps!  :smitten:

Slownsteady thank you so much for your wisdom!