Taper from small klonopin dose

[Al...]

Hello! I'm currently tapering off a low dose of klonopin. I took .25 every day from July 2020-October 2020. I took it sporadically 3 months prior to that and I've been trying to taper unsuccessfully since November 2020. I'm just below .0125 now and I feel sick most days. Every time i drop my dose I have increased anxiety, headaches, nausea and feel like I have the flu. I haven't been able to find more than one doctor that believes this is causing my issues because the dose is so small. I have been told to "rip the bandaid" and just jump and get it over with. I'm feeling so discouraged like I will never make it off this crap. Anyone else dealing with this from a small dose?

[56...]

Hello Al-pal, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I am glad you are here!  I don't think anyone, even the medical community, can understand the challenge of getting off benzos unless they have been there.  You will definitely be able to connect with others here who get it!  We support a slow taper of no more than 5-10% of you dose every two weeks or so to minimize withdrawl symptoms and allow you to stay functional.  As the dose gets lower, many of our members find it more challenging.  You can reach out for taper support and information here:

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

For withdrawl support as you taper, you can connect here:

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

When you are ready you can start a thread.  As you look around here, feel free to ask questions as they arise.

Again, welcome,

Kate

Thank you! I was told by a doctor to cut my dose in half and what a mistake that was! Does anyone have experience with NAD IV therapy after jumping?

[56...]

Thank you! I was told by a doctor to cut my dose in half and what a mistake that was! Does anyone have experience with NAD IV therapy after jumping?

You can post this question on the Alternative Therapies board Alternative Therapies & Supplements or do a search in the upper righthand corner of the Home page for NAD therapy.