Hi!

[De...]

Hello :)

I joined benzobuddies to find some support and see other people experiences during withdrawal of benzodiazepines

I have taken xanax and clonazepam for few years on and off and withdrawed multiple times

and right in withdrawal for the last 11months almost and having a really rough time still

Much congrats on getting off of the benzo. At 11 months, it is normal to still be symptomatic. It is your brain healing from the injury benzo's caused.

Didi you taper or go cold turkey? If you give us more information, we can better serve you.

Full recovery averages around 18 months, however, there is no way to predict when it will come.

Here is a good support forum for you:

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Looking forward to your posts

-baddove

I was 4 months benzo free after a quick taper and relapsed using xanax 1mg few times a week

and few days after my last dose i was in full withdrawal again

so i guess it was cold turkey i probably even kindled myself harder..

First time i quitted xanax back in like 2018 it took 6 months to heal to 100%

I used to drink last 11 months 1-2 times a month for even little bit of social life and that probably really slowed down my progress.. but now after reading more about alcohol in this forum i think im gonna quit drinking because i just really want to heal faster.. i'm pretty young(21) and losing all my social life is really sad but i hope i will start to see some light in coming months

Hopefully i will feel pretty good at 18months!

P.S my native language is not english so sorry for mistakes  ^ ~ ^

Hello Deividas and welcome to the forum from me as well.

You are smart in foregoing alcohol for now. At your age, 21, there will be a lot of time in the future to return to your normal activities. Now is the time to heal, recover.

Everyone will recover at a different rate, try to be patient as your central nervous system seeks to find balance again.

pianogirl  :smitten:

baddove,

I see that you are also high dose Xanax. I have a question for you; Does it still work for you? I see you are holding at 8.5mg a day so i am assuming it is working for you. Mine (4mg) stopped working. I hit tolerance and was having interdose withdrawal and severe insomnia even on my full dose. I am just curious, if you don't mind me asking. Are you planning to taper again soon? I am doing a liquid taper and so far my symptoms are no worse than the interdose withdrawal. I'll hold if it gets worse.

Thank you

HM