Starting Valium Taper - Help Please

[...]

Good Morning All

I am wondering if I can get some help or support or opinions or experience please.

Has anyone started their Valium taper when not completely stable? I.e. having good and very bad days?

I am going up and down with symptoms following an updose from 3.5 to 6mg 9 weeks ago and am being told by a U.K. benzo support charity that I should start to taper even though not stable.

If you started from an unstable point I would love to hear from you.

Thank you.

Maa x

I am tapering Xanax so my experience might be different. I waited until I felt stable to start tapering. I'm not sure I could have tapered if I hadn't been because the symptoms were intense. Hopefully, others will weigh in as well.

If you decide to start anyway, I would go very slowly.

Hi,

I started my diazepam taper BECAUSE I wasn’t stable. I was afraid I was just going to keep going up in dose and having scarier neuro symptoms.

I went with .5mg every 14 days. First cut was weird, and I haven’t felt how I felt ON the drug since I’ve been off of it, but I just know I need to do this and hope it’s worth it.

Definitely listen to your body. I have been able to fight through most of this. It has not been easy, but I hope in the end it is worth it. Best of luck and all the healing vibes to you!